What’s the A Rodge situation?

• supercat
    Eau Claire, WI

Thanks😂

I haven’t seen a set of numbers or graphs that didn’t contradict each other.

The White House just said eighty to ninety percent of people are vaccinated but a quick Google search says 58.5%. Which number is correct? Everywhere you turn there are lies and someone trying to push their agenda. I honestly don’t know what to believe. I’m glad you are so trusting though.

I’m a very trusting individual myself. I would let a stranger on the street borrow my vehicle if they needed it but I’m not going to believe a graph posted on the internet. It’s really too bad, but it’s because there’s so much misinformation out there.

Your chart may be a hundred percent correct but no one will ever trust it because of all the lies out there. As a society we just don’t know when we are being lied to and what is truth. Kind of sad.

Very well said

CaptainMusky

Thanks😂

The White House just said eighty to ninety percent of people are vaccinated but a quick Google search says 58.5%. Which number is correct? Everywhere you turn there are lies and someone trying to push their agenda. I honestly don’t know what to believe. I’m glad you are so trusting though.

I’m a very trusting individual myself. I would let a stranger on the street borrow my vehicle if they needed it but I’m not going to believe a graph posted on the internet. It’s really too bad, but it’s because there’s so much misinformation out there.

Your chart may be a hundred percent correct but no one will ever trust it because of all the lies out there. As a society we just don’t know when we are being lied to and what is truth. Kind of sad.

Well said!

wirivereyes
    Central WI

Mike your whole post is centered around your belief that the vaccine actually does something…

The latest tests show Johnson & Johnson vaccine at 3% effectiveness. coffee

This is how incorrect information is spread. The Johnson and Johnson vaccine does not have a 3% effectiveness rate.

CaptainMusky

This is how incorrect information is spread. The Johnson and Johnson vaccine does not have a 3% effectiveness rate.

It’s actually 13% effective. It drops dramatically several months after getting jabbed. All 3 of them do but this one has the worst efficacy in the study.

wirivereyes
    Central WI

It’s actually 13% effective. It drops dramatically several months after getting jabbed. All 3 of them do but this one has the worst efficacy in the study.
    [/quote]

13% is not correct either. Maybe at some point. It is not 13% several months after receiving the vaccine.

CaptainMusky

13% is not correct either. Maybe at some point. It is not 13% several months after receiving the vaccine.

That’s what I am referring to. Its roughly 85 at its highest but plummets. 13% is 6 months post vax. The other two dropped to around 35%

supercat
    Eau Claire, WI

[/quote]

4 post and your already talking about covid! None of us our experts. There will be a side that agrees with Rodgers and a side that doesn’t. Carry on.

wirivereyes
    Central WI

Thanks supercat for letting me know when I can talk about covid?? How many posts do you suggest I have before I can post on covid?

Mike

The numbers are all right here:

https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/#vaccinations_vacc-total-admin-rate-total

They’re numbers. They don’t require your belief. You can ignore them and cover your eyes, but that doesn’t make them not true.

Statements on the internet, such as yours that ‘the White House says 80-90% of the population is vaccinated’ need to be verified by sources. I know you can’t provide me a source for that, as it’s a false statement. Or, at the very least, taken out of context and twisted to support misinformation. If you look at the link, you’ll see that 85.8% of the US population 65 and older has been fully vaccinated. If that’s what you heard, you’ve used that in an attempt to mislead people.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Joe Scegura wrote:</div>
    Mike your whole post is centered around your belief that the vaccine actually does something…

The latest tests show Johnson & Johnson vaccine at 3% effectiveness. coffee

Here’s the preprint study showing J&J dropping to 3% effectiveness towards infection after 6 months of receiving it. The other vaccines are on a similar, but slower, trajectory.

http://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2021.10.13.21264966v1.full-text

wirivereyes
    Central WI

Bigwerm,
    It is how Joe presents the “numbers”. He just says J&J is 3% effective. Not telling the whole story! Covid vaccines are very effective at reducing covid and reducing hospital visits. Overtime like many vaccines, this rate of being effective declines. Thus, boosters are needed to bring the effectiveness back up.

Saying the J&J is only 3% effective is just a flat out lie!!

Joe Scegura
    Alexandria MN

Statements on the internet, such as yours that ‘the White House says 80-90% of the population is vaccinated’ need to be verified by sources. I know you can’t provide me a source for that, as it’s a false statement.

Why are you so angry? Jen said eighty to ninety percent during her press briefing. It also took me less than 30 seconds to get an article from the White House themselves stating the number is 70%.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/statements-releases/2021/11/04/fact-sheet-biden-administration-announces-details-of-two-major-vaccination-policies/

I can’t actually find any consistent numbers at all. Please stop getting so upset people aren’t trying to mislead others. As far as I can see there’s not anyone trying to do that. Yet you seem to be getting very very upset. I recommend you just take a breather.

I stated it before and I’ll say it again. I have no clue what’s right or wrong and somehow that makes you very upset as well.

Joe Scegura
    Alexandria MN

Bigwerm,
    It is how Joe presents the “numbers”. He just says J&J is 3% effective. Not telling the whole story! Covid vaccines are very effective at reducing covid and reducing hospital visits. Overtime like many vaccines, this rate of being effective declines. Thus, boosters are needed to bring the effectiveness back up.

What other vaccines decline to 3% in 6 months? Please let us know.

Please post a reputable source so we can see for ourselves. Just like you asked others to do.

I understand you are very upset and for that reason I’m going to have to stop posting on this thread. The only reason I responded was because I was empathetic to Aaron Rodgers not knowing the truth. And he was entitled to that opinion.

Now you are blowing off the handle calling me a liar when the exact stat that I put out was proven. I’m very sorry I missed the six months when I said 3%. I do not think that warrants someone calling someone a liar.

Joe Scegura
    Alexandria MN

Statements on the internet, such as yours that ‘the White House says 80-90% of the population is vaccinated’ need to be verified by sources. I know you can’t provide me a source for that, as it’s a false statement.

Actually I’m not trying to mislead anybody. The redheaded press secretary said it on TV. That’s all I know. Seems like you’re getting pretty excited though. Carry on.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>CaptainMusky wrote:</div>

https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/#vaccinations_vacc-total-admin-rate-total

They’re numbers. They don’t require your belief. You can ignore them and cover your eyes, but that doesn’t make them not true.

Statements on the internet, such as yours that ‘the White House says 80-90% of the population is vaccinated’ need to be verified by sources. I know you can’t provide me a source for that, as it’s a false statement. Or, at the very least, taken out of context and twisted to support misinformation. If you look at the link, you’ll see that 85.8% of the US population 65 and older has been fully vaccinated. If that’s what you heard, you’ve used that in an attempt to mislead people.

And they know this how?

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Bigwerm,

Ok, well then apply the same logic to your statements, only whole truths. So vaccines are only effective towards infection from 14 days after the 2nd shot to 6 months, after that it quickly diminishes effectiveness. J&J is only 3% effective towards infection after 6 months, per that preprint study. As far as effectiveness towards hospitalization and death, they seem to be very effective for the same time frame, and tbd on long term effectiveness beyond 6 months, unlike all other vaccines besides the flu. The UK and Israel were good examples of decreasing death/hospitalization effectiveness until boosters became more wide spread.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

His post and what ARodge did has nothing to do with the effectiveness of the vaccine. It has everything to do with the rules that were agreed upon by his union employer. Like the rules don’t like rules. Vaccine effectiveness vaccine ineffectiveness. It doesn’t really matter. The rules were agreed to by the players union. Don’t follow the rules then their are consequences. Pretty simple actually. Sounds like the union was actually pretty lenient with him in the first place. Don’t like the rules set by your employer well you know…

In an attempt to bring this back to the OP, I agree completely. Believe whatever you want about Covid, but Rodgers violated the agreed upon rules from the league and players association.

Beast

If he clears all the nfl mandated protocols this week is it as a big deal as everyone makes it out to be? seems no different than what other teams are doing with covid exposed players.

stout93
    Becker MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Mike wrote:</div>

Actually I’m not trying to mislead anybody. The redheaded press secretary said it on TV. That’s all I know. Seems like you’re getting pretty excited though. Carry on.

What’s the consensus?

Raggedy Ann or Chucky?

B-man

You guys aren’t seeing the forest through the trees…..

Rodgers has REAL immunity now….

The Packers will now plant an insurgent into the Buccaneers locker room come January 22nd (days before the NFC championship game) who is infected with Covid.

The Brady bunch will be unable to play.

This will ensure we at least make it to the Superbowl jester

Michael C. Winther
    Reedsburg, WI

Rodgers looked rusty yesterday, but my view was occasionally blocked by the goalpost. peace

Attachments:
    1. gpg.jpg

wirivereyes
    Central WI

Nice. Great atmosphere to be part of,
    Go Pack!!!

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Russell Wilson looked very rusty after breaking a finger a month ago.

I didn’t think Rodgers looked like his normal self yesterday but maybe that was to be expected after his 10 day absence.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

By their own standards, both Wilson and Rodgers looked a bit rusty. Both had reason with missing practice and I would bet look better in weeks to come.

The Packers lost a lot in this game. Aaron Jones left with a knee injury (presumed to be MCL), Rashan Gary, and Whitney Mercilus. To only have 2 losses is impressive, but they have more starters down than any other NFL team as of Week 10. These injuries will eventually catch up with them as there is a lot of season left.

To summarize, the Packers are missing all of the following starters:

-David Bahktiari (all pro)
    -Jaire Alexander (all pro)
    -La’Darius Smith (pro bowl)
    -Robert Tonyan (pro bowl)
    -Aaron Jones (pro bowl)
    -Whitney Mercilius
    -Rashan Gary
    -Kingsley Keke
    -Josh Myers
    -Will Redmond

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Aaron Jones left with a knee injury (presumed to be MCL)

AJ Dillon is more than capable of filling in for Jones. Quite honestly, I think he’s a better back anyways. He’s a 240 pound bull dozer. Jones is a more versatile running back, but his size limits him and he tends to get injured every season at some point.

KP
    Hudson, WI

Rodgers also was only apart of Zoom meetings so I’m sure that was hard to game plan over Zoom. This defense really has me surprised with how many “top” guys they are missing on it. The guys that are coming in just keep stepping up.

Michael C. Winther
    Reedsburg, WI

Rodgers was actually out longer than 10 days…it was 16-17 days between games and he didn’t participate in any physical football activity.

They beat the Cardinals on the 28th, then had a long weekend off. Mondays are typically film study days (often from home), and Tuesdays are off. He then tested positive coming in to practice on Wednesday 11/03 and was out until he cleared the process on the 13th. I’m sure they did some throwing on Saturday.

So it wasn’t surprising to see the timing off yesterday. Two really good throws: one to a wide open MVS on the sideline, and one crossing route zipped to Adams. And a lot of underthrown balls that receivers had to try and come back to or wait for while the defense had time to recover to the ball. I expect/hope it’ll be a lot better this coming week versus the Vikes.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

It also doesn’t make them True. It rather clear that you believe everything the government and the Media that supports them is telling you. Myself and many other simple don’t. Your free to believe what you want. But so are others !!!

Umy
    South Metro

To your point, the latest from the CDC
    Seems natural immunity IS better. Two weeks ago it was vaccinations, two weeks from now it’ll be diet.
    They DON”t know but I’ll take Mother Nature over mankind any day as to who is smarter.

https://www.city-journal.org/good-news-from-cdc-on-delta-variant-covid-pandemic

Reads the WHOLE article – this would just be out of context otherwise ( a two minute read at best if your lips need to be moving when you read)

Though a few vaccines induce a better immune response than natural infection, experts generally say that “natural infection almost always causes better immunity than vaccines.” This appears to be true with Covid-19.

A new study from Israel confirms that natural immunity to Covid-19 is superior to vaccine-induced immunity, even with the Delta variant. Between June 1 and August 14, when Delta was dominant in Israel, the risk of infections was 13 times higher for vaccinated people than for previously infected, unvaccinated people when either the infection or vaccination had occurred between four and seven months before. The risk for symptomatic breakthrough infections was 27-fold higher. While natural immunity did wane somewhat over time, vaccinated persons still had a six-fold higher risk for infection and a seven-fold higher risk for symptomatic illness than people infected up to ten months before vaccinations started.

wirivereyes
    Central WI

I think your missing the point of vaccines Umy.

Viewing 30 posts - 181 through 210 (of 236 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.