What’s the A Rodge situation?

• gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Bigger fish to fry when you have player going a 156 mph hitting and killing others while intoxicated.

I agree with that, its far worse and more serious.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

My biggest gripe with the NFL has always been how it handles “discipline” and its “policies”. It picks and chooses who it’s going to smear or villainize with headlines and inconsistent rules enforcement. Rodgers is not the NFL’s biggest issue…yet somehow him not getting a vaccine is perceived as more of an issue than a fairly well-known receiver killing someone IN THE SAME WEEK.

Aaron Rodgers appears to not have “lied”, but to have manipulated the system with regards to the definitions of immunization and vaccination. He was the lead story on Good Morning America today…and is being smeared all over the major sporting networks. Is he arrogant? Sure. Did he deceive the NFL with regards to his own personal health? Sure. Is he a criminal? No. I’ll take the arrogant fiery quarterback every single time over others who are a little more compassionate and easy to deal with (see Kurt Cousins).

There have been 26 arrests of active NFL players this year alone. In the list includes vehicular homicide, domestic assaults, drugs, a murder, strangulation, and quite a few for DUI. This also doesn’t even touch the Deshaun Watson situation or Robert Kraft’s. Ray Lewis was at the scene of a double murder, his limousine had the victim’s blood in it, and his thousand dollar suit he was wearing has NEVER been located from that night as factually listed in court documents. You can turn on ESPN and hear his take on games each week still. If that was anyone here we’d be rotting in jail.

NFL Arrests

MX1825

My biggest gripe with the NFL has always been how it handles “discipline” and its “policies”. It picks and chooses who it’s going to smear or villainize with headlines and inconsistent rules enforcement. Rodgers is not the NFL’s biggest issue…yet somehow him not getting a vaccine is perceived as more of an issue than a fairly well-known receiver killing someone IN THE SAME WEEK.

Aaron Rodgers appears to not have “lied”, but to have manipulated the system with regards to the definitions of immunization and vaccination. He was the lead story on Good Morning America today…and is being smeared all over the major sporting networks. Is he arrogant? Sure. Did he deceive the NFL with regards to his own personal health? Sure. Is he a criminal? No. I’ll take the arrogant fiery quarterback every single time over others who are a little more compassionate and easy to deal with (see Kurt Cousins).

There have been 26 arrests of active NFL players this year alone. In the list includes vehicular homicide, domestic assaults, drugs, a murder, strangulation, and quite a few for DUI. This also doesn’t even touch the Deshaun Watson situation or Robert Kraft’s.

<a href=”https://databases.usatoday.com/nfl-arrests/&#8221; target=”_blan

k” rel=”noopener nofollow”>NFL Arrests

Excellent post Bucky.

How HR got off with only 150k bail is beyond me. Should of been a million.

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

I agree with some of the above comments. I understand the curiosity of a star NFL player and all the implications. Nothing wrong with that. But as a society we have gotten WAY too complacent with personal vaccine / medical history information. I don’t think this is OK and should be a private matter. I also don’t think ANYONE should be forced to take a vaccine they don’t want. That is insane.

Totally agree that, with all the vax hall-monitors out there they miss a lot of more important issues going on.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

He’s quite the guy.

Attachments:
    1. Resized_image00000081.jpeg

critter 1

At least he probably does not have worms.

B-man

This is a good listen. He did his own research and chose what he thought and still thinks was best for him (kinda like me).

He also speaks of how NFL protocols make almost no sense (similar to what’s taking place in a lot of workplaces)

Daily testing for non-vaccinated people….but only bi-monthly testing for vaccinated??

The people tested daily need to wait for results before entering a facility….the vaccinated take their test every two weeks and walk right in before results…. genius.

Beast

it’s was his decision to get vaccinated or not,it’s no ones business other than his, the NFL and the Packers set the guidelines as a business, I don’t think getting a shot is required under the guidelines they set.

stevenoak

Bob and Tom show today: “If A. R. didn’t want any kind of shot. He should ask to be traded to Detroit!”. They also found it ironic. He wore a Doc Holiday t-shirt in an interview. Doc. H. died of a respiratory illness.

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

He’s become a tabloid character.

Michael C. Winther
    Reedsburg, WI

It’s pretty clear that both Rodgers and the Packers organization knew what they were doing – and simply didn’t care – when breaking the NFL’s workplace rules. It doesn’t matter whether those rules “make sense” to any individual, the reality is those rules exist and he and the team are subject to them. They chose not to follow them and hoped not to get caught. Hubris. So, now they have to pay their fines: a small one for Rodgers, a medium one for the Packers. The larger question is…will Rodgers be wearing a mask for press conference after the next game?

Brad Dimond

Too bad he is such a d-bag, he’s a heck of a quarterback. This from a Packers fan.

MX1825

I’m a Packer fan and I think AR is a hell of a football player. He is also an arrogant d__k. But what would the media said/done if he were asked “Are you vaccinated?”
    And he answered “My medical records are private and none of your business”
    Why the s/#t storm would be just like it is now only with a different headline.
    Personally the Media thinks they are privileged and should have access or an answer to anything they want.
    JMO

Michael C. Winther
    Reedsburg, WI

And he answered “My medical records are private and none of your business”
    Why the s/#t storm would be just like it is now only with a different headline.
    Personally the Media thinks they are privileged and should have access or an answer to anything they want.
    JMO

i’m a Packers fan too, and really hoping Rodgers is back under center for the game on Sunday since we will be at Lambeau.

i think the media was right to ask Rodgers about his vaccination status because it has a direct impact on a player’s ability to be on the field due to the different rules for vaccinated and non-vaccinated players. they weren’t asking him about whether he got the flu shot, for which there are no related NFL rules. since there’s a clear nexus with Rodgers doing his job, the media wouldn’t have been doing their job if they hadn’t asked one of the most important players in the entire league about his Covid vaccine status. and of course, he didn’t have to answer, which as you point out would have been better than the vague “nothing to see here” answer he gave instead. he just ended up looking like a dope instead of the deep thinker he fashions himself.

Joe Scegura
    Alexandria MN

Mike your whole post is centered around your belief that the vaccine actually does something…

The latest tests show Johnson & Johnson vaccine at 3% effectiveness. coffee

CaptainMusky

I wish they would stop calling these shots vaccines. At best they are theurapeutics. They actually have changed the definitions of “herd immunity”, “vaccines” and a host of other terms in the past months to bolster the agenda they have been pushing the last year plus which is lining the pockets of big pharma.

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

Mike your whole post is centered around your belief that the vaccine actually does something…

Much like the Vikings offense in the second half.

Mike

If the vaccines do nothing, why are the unvaccinated the majority of the hospitalized and dying?

Ripjiggen

I disagree. His post and what ARodge did has nothing to do with the effectiveness of the vaccine. It has everything to do with the rules that were agreed upon by his union employer. Like the rules don’t like rules. Vaccine effectiveness vaccine ineffectiveness. It doesn’t really matter. The rules were agreed to by the players union. Don’t follow the rules then their are consequences. Pretty simple actually. Sounds like the union was actually pretty lenient with him in the first place. Don’t like the rules set by your employer well you know…

CaptainMusky

I disagree. His post and what ARodge did has nothing to do with the effectiveness of the vaccine. It has everything to do with the rules that were agreed upon by his union employer. Like the rules don’t like rules. Vaccine effectiveness vaccine ineffectiveness. It doesn’t really matter. The rules were agreed to by the players union. Don’t follow the rules then their are consequences. Pretty simple actually. Sounds like the union was actually pretty lenient with him in the first place. Don’t like the rules set by your employer well you know…

100% he spat in the face of the NFL and NFLPA and got caught. Simple as that.

Mike

You have actual data to back this up? Because data recently shared by MDH says otherwise. Recent reporting from MDH showed 100% of the deaths were breakthrough cases for the week ending 10/3. Their reporting is so horsecrap that I dont believe thats the real number, but to blindly believe that the majority of the hospitalizations are unvaxxed is ridiculous. Fact is the majority of hospitalizations have been breakthrough cases and many have died to the tune of around 60% of the deaths. In the UK, who does a much better job or reporting and tracking than we do, its around 80% of the deaths are fully vaxxed.
    The single biggest issue is risk factors which are age, underlying conditions and obesity. If you are fully vaxxed and fall into those categories you are still at high risk.

https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/#rates-by-vaccine-status

https://www.health.state.mn.us/diseases/coronavirus/stats/vbt.html#vbto1

Joe Scegura
    Alexandria MN

If the vaccines do nothing, why are the unvaccinated the majority of the hospitalized and dying?

I wish I knew the actual numbers. I’m not sure anybody actually does. I’m sure there’s truth somewhere but it’s very hard to find. Seems like you can find information to back whatever side you want to be on.

Half the people I know have the vaccine half of them don’t. Everyone seems to know their decision is the correct decision. I personally have no clue what’s right or wrong when it comes to the vaccine. That’s why I don’t fault anyone for their opinion.

I’m not an Aaron Rodgers fan but I feel he’s allowed his opinion.

KP
    Hudson, WI

Say what you want about Rodgers but I love how he went after the Cancel Culture Mob and the Media. He is a 100 percent right on that and all the false media claims against him. Good for him standing up and calling it out.

Ripjiggen

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Mike wrote:</div>

I wish I knew the actual numbers. I’m not sure anybody actually does. I’m sure there’s truth somewhere but it’s very hard to find. Seems like you can find information to back whatever side you want to be on.

Half the people I know have the vaccine half of them don’t. Everyone seems to know their decision is the correct decision. I personally have no clue what’s right or wrong when it comes to the vaccine. That’s why I don’t fault anyone for their opinion.

Now this I agree with Joe. Certainly he is allowed his opinion and I actually applaud him for that. Fact of the matter still remains he broke the rules set by his union employer. He certainly can have his opinion on the rules themselves. Advocate for change what have you, but the rules are the rules and it’s pretty black and white.

Michael C. Winther
    Reedsburg, WI

He is allowed his opinion. He is not allowed to break work rules. This is entirely about his arrogance in justifying breaking those rules because he didn’t think they made sense. They exist regardless of his opinion. The problem I have is less with his choice on vaccination, it’s more about his choice to ignore the related rules (wear a mask, limits on the size of social events, etc.) as this is a sign that he views himself as being above those things. I assume the Packers accommodated him because they’re trying so hard to keep him happy.

It’s no different for me, there are plenty of rules at my work which I don’t think make sense. I follow them because I want to keep my job, regardless of my opinion or “independent research” on the issues. Going after the “woke mob” is him throwing a shiny red ball for people to chase as a distraction from this underlying truth.

And now imagine if this had happened 10 days before the Super Bowl instead of 10 days before a regular season game against Seattle…if he remains unvaccinated, I think this risk increases the likelihood that the Packers will be fine with moving on from him after this season.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

I think this risk increases the likelihood that the Packers will be fine with moving on from him after this season.

Did you see Jordan Love play last week ???? At this point I think the Packers are about as far away from moving on without him as they have ever been !!!!

Mike

https://www.health.state.mn.us/diseases/coronavirus/stats/index.html

All the numbers are easily available

Attachments:
    1. Screenshot-2021-11-12-121232.jpg

Joe Scegura
    Alexandria MN

Thanks😂

I haven’t seen a set of numbers or graphs that didn’t contradict each other.

The White House just said eighty to ninety percent of people are vaccinated but a quick Google search says 58.5%. Which number is correct? Everywhere you turn there are lies and someone trying to push their agenda. I honestly don’t know what to believe. I’m glad you are so trusting though.

I’m a very trusting individual myself. I would let a stranger on the street borrow my vehicle if they needed it but I’m not going to believe a graph posted on the internet. It’s really too bad, but it’s because there’s so much misinformation out there.

Your chart may be a hundred percent correct but no one will ever trust it because of all the lies out there. As a society we just don’t know when we are being lied to and what is truth. Kind of sad.

Viewing 30 posts - 151 through 180 (of 236 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.