Whats going on up there?

• Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Any gossip or speculation on how the opener will be? From what I understand guides are grounded?

Ripjiggen

From what I understand is guides and launches are grounded.

Wayne Daul
    Green Bay, Wi

Thunderbird Lodge opens Thursday. For now food is carryout only. Guides are planning to be back to work. Canada. is still a no go for border waters.

I will be there May 28th. The Walleye are not quarantined and will be hungry. It’s on!

blackbay
    mn

The lake is low. We can’t even get a boat to the dock. I foresee a busy time for repair shops.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

The lake is low. We can’t even get a boat to the dock. I foresee a busy time for repair shops.

Seriously? They have the gates open on the dam? Yes with a influx of new people there will be some lower unit damage I would guess. grin

blackbay
    mn

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>blackbay wrote:</div>

Seriously? They have the gates open on the dam? Yes with a influx of new people there will be some lower unit damage I would guess. grin

Rainy is still in the curve but is lower than it should be, especially given that the inflow is low and dropping. There hasn’t been much rain and the fire danger is very high. They closed the dam as much as possible and still keep flow in the river. Namakan is about the same. http://www.lwcb.ca/waterflowdata.html

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Thanks, stay safe up there!

Wayne Daul
    Green Bay, Wi

Water is down about two feet, not all that uncommon for spring. Looks pretty chilly this weekend.

Thunderbird said they have had some cancelations but also are having new bookings.

Guides are hoping to get the go ahead in next week or two. Fingers crossed.

Reef W

Water is down about two feet, not all that uncommon for spring.

I’ve only been there once before, Memorial Day weekend last year, and will be going back this weekend. Is it lower than it was last year at this time?

Wayne Daul
    Green Bay, Wi

It was a little lower. With all the rain I expect it will rise at least a foot. I will be there next Wednesday for a week. My big hope is restaurant will be open, at this time carry out only.

Good luck on your trip.

Dusty Gesinger
    Minnetrista, Minnesota

I don’t think the restaurants can open until the 1st at the earliest.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

They are open now for curbside / drive-thru. (NOT THE THUNDERBIRD BUT RESTAURANTS IN GENERAL)

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.