Turkey Blind Options

• crawdaddy
    St. Paul MN

Okay, so if you read on the other topic, my blind is in need of an upgrade. I’m mainly concerned with better window configurations and quiet windows too. Not to mention the new see through technology is really sweet. My buddy has one like that and I hunted with him last year and it’s night and day difference for seeing what’s around you. The other thing I want are quiet windows, so either sliding or magnetic if that’s an option. Weight, honestly I really don’t care about that. Where I hunt now I only have to walk 100 yards and it’s on private land so I can leave it out for a few weeks during season. And if I hunt public land, then usually I just run n’ gun and skip the blind. A nice door is a plus too.

CaptainMusky

As I mentioned in that other thread I got 2 blinds for the price of one, not sure they are still doing the same deal or not, but they are Muddy brand. I have used them a few times and they are pretty nice. Velcro black out windows, but have sliding mesh screens. You really cant see through the screens from the outside. I always try and have the back of the blind against something and leave that back window closed.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

I use a Lucky’s in mossy oak camo. It’s a 2 man shotgun blind but you could fit 3 in there if you really wanted to.

I didn’t actually buy it. My Grandfather gave it to me before he died of cancer in 2012, so it has some sentimental value to me.

The interior is painted non-reflective black, it has 6 sides (5 shooting windows, 1 zippered door). It stakes down so it won’t blow away in the wind. It’s waterproof so I stay dry when it rains. I put a lounger chair inside so I stay comfortable. I like to be able to get away with some movement while I hunt, like drinking coffee or looking through binoculars. This blind allows me to do that.

The one issue is that it’s not very mobile. If you prefer to just “get up and move” this blind is not really good for that. That’s not how I hunt. I place it out there before the season after I’ve done some scouting as to where the best location may be. I do have the ability to move it, just not “during the hunt.”

https://www.luckyshuntingblinds.com/gun-and-crossbow-hunting-blinds/

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I bought a tidewe this year that allows you to see through the walls, I haven’t used it yet because my old muddy blind is still rocking. The tidwe looks cool but it’s tidewe so it’ll probably fall apart at the seams. On sale it was 75 bucks shipped to me.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.