What – No Yellowstone Fans – New season started last night.

• big_g
    Isle, MN

I am afraid that Train has already left… all the bodies at the train station and no one has ever connected all the missing persons commonality ?!

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I am afraid that Train has already left… all the bodies at the train station and no one has ever connected all the missing persons commonality ?!

Agreed. But I think it’s going to take the son’s of anarchy way and get way more un realistic where it’s not even fun to watch

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>big_g wrote:</div>

Agreed. But I think it’s going to take the son’s of anarchy way and get way more un realistic where it’s not even fun to watch

Let’s hope not. Focusing on the ranch and its conflicts without venturing too far down other random plot additions should be the focus.

I just cannot get into the soap opera storylines. Monica’s crisis after crisis is hard to watch. Hopefully it veers towards more action scenes and confrontation rather than just hardships.

CaptainMusky

Monica’s crisis after crisis is hard to watch. Hopefully it veers towards more action scenes and confrontation rather than just hardships.

I only watched the first hour, might finish tonight. I agree 100% with the Monica thing.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

<I just cannot get into the soap opera storylines. Monica’s crisis after crisis is hard to watch. Hopefully it veers towards more action scenes and confrontation rather than just hardships.

What the scene where Monica has blood and brain matter splattered all over her after the guy on top of her gets a bullet through his head from a long range shot from Mo. or splattered with blood from the guy her son Tate shoots with the double barrel shotgun is not enough action for you from her chased doah grin

poomunk
    Galesville, Wisconsin

The old codger that was with John right before the inauguration (was also the guy with the problem California neighbor Jamie helped last year) is Buck Taylor (Newly from Gunsmoke)

big_g
    Isle, MN

At least now he can pardon his protester squeeze. chased

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Oh, you know that will happen. Then he will use her as a political pawn.

JEREMY
    BP

Buck Taylor (Newly from Gunsmoke)

I only recognized him as Turkey Creek Jack Johnson from Tombstone.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

The scene where Beth goes after her at breakfast was one of the best. You have got to love Beth. I saw a Tee shirt this summer that said
    ” Don’t make me go all Beth Dutton on your ass ”

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Love it when Beth went “Beth Dutton” on that other chic.

Luv them cat fights waytogo

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Ya that looked like its going to leave a mark. You knew as soon as she started walking across the dance floor that was going to end badly for her. Probably not going to end well for Beth either.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Great episode! I get Beth is a hothead, but she is also very calculated so thought the barfight was a little much. But easy additional story line for this year.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

EPG you doing alright? Or I should ask have you seen this weeks episode, and if so are doing ok? If not, make sure you take your blood pressure pills before you watch it. lol

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

I didn’t watch last night but will be firing it up in a bit.
    Giddy-up!

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

I didn’t watch last night but will be firing it up in a bit.
    Giddy-up!

If cat fights is your thing. Your going to enjoy !!!!

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Alright – Alright – Alright!!!

‘Yellowstone’ to End as Kevin Costner Seeks Less Shooting Time, Matthew McConaughey Tapped for Spinoff — Report

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Sorry,
    I’ll try this.

Yellowstone’ to End as Kevin Costner Seeks Less Shooting Time, Matthew McConaughey Tapped for Spinoff — Report
    Matthew McConaughey is reportedly in talks to star in a continuation of the Paramount Network mega-hit.

Wilson Chapman

Feb 6, 2023 4:16 pm

@

Kelly Reilly, Kevin Costner
    “Yellowstone”

Courtesy of Paramount

Very rarely does a show end prematurely when it’s one of the highest-rated series on television. But that fate may soon befall “Yellowstone,” the Paramount Network hit from Taylor Sheridan.

Deadline is reporting that the series, which is expected to premiere the second part of its fifth season later this year, will soon end in its current form. However, Sheridan and Paramount Global will continue the franchise — which has already launched prequel series “1883” and “1923” — via a new show about the central Dutton family, with Matthew McConaughey in talks to star.

“We have no news to report. Kevin Costner is a big part of ‘Yellowstone’ and we hope that’s the case for a long time to come,” a Paramount Network spokesperson told IndieWire in a statement. “Thanks to the brilliant mind of Taylor Sheridan, we are always working on franchise expansions of this incredible world he has built. Matthew McConaughey is a phenomenal talent with whom we’d love to partner.”

RELATED
    Matthew McConaughey Was Convinced by a ‘Fortune Teller Guru’ to Star in ‘How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days’
    The 10 Best Episodes of ‘Yellowstone’
    According to Deadline, the move to end the original “Yellowstone” show stems from issues with Kevin Costner, who leads the cast as Dutton patriarch John Dutton III. Reportedly, Costner has had disagreements with production over shooting schedules for the series; initially, Costner only spent 65 days of shooting on the series during its first few seasons. For the first part of Season 5, Costner reportedly demanded that be reduced to 50 days, and for the second batch of episodes, he requested that he only spend a week filming.

Reportedly, Costner’s demands regarding his filming schedule has caused tension between him and Sheridan and his fellow cast members, with the Paramount Network declining his requests and making the decision to move on to a new show in the franchise. It’s unclear which of the other cast members of “Yellowstone” — which also stars Luke Grimes, Kelly Reilly, Wes Bentley, Cole Hauser, Kelsey Asbille, and Gil Birmingham — will make the transition, but Deadline says “big stars” from the original show will move over to the new one.

Since it first premiered in 2018, “Yellowstone” has grown to become one of the biggest shows on cable, building its audience with each subsequent season. Season 5 debuted last November with a 9.41 million viewership for its premiere, becoming the show’s highest-rated episode; subsequent episodes of the series garnered a 7-8 million audience on linear viewership. The show’s runaway success has made Sheridan one of Paramount’s biggest talents, with the creator setting the “1883” and “1923” spinoffs at the Paramount+ streamer, the latter of which was renewed for a second season. Two other spinoffs are in development, and Sheridan also has unrelated shows like “Mayor of Kingstown” and “Tulsa King” airing on the streamer, with “Lioness” starring Nicole Kidman expected to premiere later this year.

Sheridan showruns “Yellowstone” and co-created the series with John Linson. The series is produced by 101 Studios and MTV Entertainment Studios and is executive produced by Sheridan, Costner, Linson, Art Linson, David C. Glasser, Bob Yari, and Stephen Kay.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

My guess is this season will be it for the show as assembled. Costner has nothing left to give or gain. He’s proven everything he touches turns to gold including this series. They should get to the ending point, kill off Costner’s character and decide the fate of the ranch. Dragging it on without Costner will lead to others jumping ship and it being progressively worse.

I watched the 1883 series and thought it was “ok” but nothing too spectacular. I’ve watched the newest one called 1923, and would say without a doubt that it is better than 1883. Maybe they can pour the $$$ into that series to fill a void for when Yellowstone is gone.

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

The FW and I really like Yellowstone, but I am not willing to try out the numerous spinoffs. When it ends, I will be sad to see it go, but I don’t think I’d watch yet another spinoff.

CaptainMusky

I love this show and have not watched any of the spinoffs. They dont seem to interest me much. It will be sad when Yellowstone is done, but the end is near. You can see it the last several seasons. Its been build up after build up and its finally coming to a head.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I really enjoyed the show until this last season. We watched 2 episodes maybe 3 and gave up

BigWerm
    SW Metro

I watched the 1883 series and thought it was “ok” but nothing too spectacular. I’ve watched the newest one called 1923, and would say without a doubt that it is better than 1883. Maybe they can pour the $$$ into that series to fill a void for when Yellowstone is gone.

Agreed, 1923 is a lot better than 1883 was, but I liked them both. I think it’s pretty clear between the rumors, Costner’s issue and McConaughey on board The 6666 will be the direction they head with Yellowstone’s remaining story lines. They kind of already started the transition with shipping their cattle off, likely to the 6666. Tulsa King and Mayor of Kingstown are totally different shows, but both really good too. It’s crazy the volume that Sheridan is cranking out. If you haven’t seen his earlier work Wind River and Hell and High Water are both awesome movies.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Personally I really liked 1883. I just liked the way the story was told. 1923 has been just OK for me. I think its been a little slow getting started but seems to be picking up a little. Its funny that Sheridan said that each of the spinoffs were only intended as one season shows and now there is already talk about a 2nd season of 1923. The only Sheridan show I have not watched is Mayor of Kingstown. Looking forward to the 6666 spinoff already.

CaptainMusky

Isnt 6666 set in the past like 1888 and 1923?

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Isnt 6666 set in the past like 1888 and 1923?

Nope,
    It’s where Jimmy got shipped out to, to become a Cowboy.

CaptainMusky

I knew that was the same ranch I just thought the show 6666 was based on its origins. Good to know.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>buckybadger wrote:</div>

Agreed, 1923 is a lot better than 1883 was, but I liked them both. I think it’s pretty clear between the rumors, Costner’s issue and McConaughey on board The 6666 will be the direction they head with Yellowstone’s remaining story lines. They kind of already started the transition with shipping their cattle off, likely to the 6666. Tulsa King and Mayor of Kingstown are totally different shows, but both really good too. It’s crazy the volume that Sheridan is cranking out. If you haven’t seen his earlier work Wind River and Hell and High Water are both awesome movies.

The nephew making his way home is going to be the 1920’s version of Rip, with more experience killing.

CaptainMusky

What I want to know is what did they use for the “train station” back in those older years?

BigWerm
    SW Metro

The nephew making his way home is going to be the 1920’s version of Rip, with more experience killing.

Yeah, it’s going to get good. Hopefully his cousin makes it until then…

I don’t think they needed the train station in those days Musky, just need the sheriff’s permission to hang em high in the streets.

Viewing 30 posts - 31 through 60 (of 76 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.