What – No Yellowstone Fans – New season started last night.

• fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

I thought we had a fair amount of Yellowstone fans on here. After the start of the new season I thought there would be plenty of chatter about the new season. It seems to me its going to be a season where Beth is going to continue to beat Jaimie up as often as possible, Where John is going to make a endless mess of his family’s life in the name of keeping his promise to his dying father to keep the ranch the way its always been, Where Kayce and his wife Monica keep having one bad thing after the other happen to Them. Overall I thought the 2 Hr. season opener was really good. Setting up lots of story lines to play out the rest of the season. What are all your thoughts.

404 ERROR
    MN

Only watched the first one so far, second one tonight. It seems they’re setting another ranch for yet another spin-off pretty soon.

Young Beth made me laugh, some things never change. Yet, I want a crack…

KP
    Hudson, WI

I thought last nights episode was kind of boring but setting up a ton of storylines. Not a fan of John being the Governor so far and sure does seem like Jamie is going to do something to screw over the family. Kinda getting old with him and the Beth drama.

CaptainMusky

Havent started this new season yet, but really looking forward to it. I might start the episodes tonight.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

On a scale of 1-10, I’d give the season opener about a 3.5 and felt disappointed. I was going to rank it just a 3/10, but the introduction of the new lady working for Market Equities was worth the bump grin

I have had enough of the Kayce/Monica storylines. Them only having bad things happen to them is quite distracting. I’d rather see Monica be a powerful character who puts people in their place and makes moves. Write more scenes with Kayce not taking sh** from people, and Monica joining in that stance. She’s so far been the eternal victim.

Beth is awesome, but the stuff with Jamie is an old storyline that is annoying. Clearly she has leverage on him and clearly he’s a nut job who is going to swing back at the family this season…but not every episode needs a scene of her taking him apart. This causes the humor to diminish with each repetitive occurrence.

John as governor is fine, but my opinion of that will tank significantly if there continue to be this many scenes shot from the capitol building.

My last gripe is all the flashback stuff. It makes me feel like the plot writing leaves a bit to be desired, so they create flashback scenes to backfill time. It seemed like last night’s episodes had 40 minutes of content unnecessarily spready out over 120 minutes.

Hopefully it’s uphill from here.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Love Yellowstone, and thought it was a good first couple episodes setting the stage for this years storylines. Jamie is the worst character on this show, and should have been written off long ago. First of all he doesn’t fit the ranch tough/strongman story, and secondly a real John Dutton would never keep that two-faced incompetence near him or positions of power for this long, regardless of the back story. Jamie undermines the show quite a bit imo.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Love Yellowstone, and thought it was a good first couple episodes setting the stage for this years storylines. Jamie is the worst character on this show, and should have been written off long ago. First of all he doesn’t fit the ranch tough/strongman story, and secondly a real John Dutton would never keep that two-faced incompetence near him or positions of power for this long, regardless of the back story. Jamie undermines the show quite a bit imo.

I’m not a big Fan of Jamie either. But I feel like you need a character like him on a show like this. You need someone not to like, but at the same time someone you feel a little bad for. I feel like he often tries to do the right thing for the right reason, but Beth just keeps him so beat down all the time. Its not like Beth could Rat him out about the body at the bottom of the cliff. God knows her, Her husband, and her father have taken their fair share of people to the train station. Them digging up the bodies down there would end badly for lots of her family members.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Plenty of antagonists have come and gone, but Jamie has done multiple things that would send anyone else to the train station, John not only keeping him around, but in influential positions defies the overall theme and John’s character imo.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

I like the Texas cowgirl with the pink hair.
    Love the way she talks.

404 ERROR
    MN

Love the way she talks.

If she has pink hair, proceed if you dare…

Jeremy
    Richland County, WI

Love the way she talks.

That is Michael Landon’s daughter

The one barrel girl that hooked up with Jimmy at the ranch is Josh Brolin’s daughter

There is supposed to be more scenes from the 6’s ranch after Sheridan bought it

3rdtryguy
    Central Mn

I thought it was boring and sucked. Get back to the ranch story.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Nope.

robby
    Quad Cities

What channel is this on, cannot remember. I enjoyed it in the past.

big_g
    Isle, MN

Paramount. The kid sure did grow up fast !

BigWerm
    SW Metro

There is supposed to be more scenes from the 6’s ranch after Sheridan bought it

There’s a whole different spin-off called 6666’s all about that ranch. It’s like 220k acres!

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Paramount. The kid sure did grow up fast !

Ain’t that the truth, I didn’t recognize him at first. Must grown a foot in the last year.

AK Guy

Huge ratings. 12.1 million viewers.

Umy
    South Metro

Have not watched it yet but love the series.
    The pink hired girl IS GREAT
    Monica should be taken to the train station and jettisoned with Jamie

CaptainMusky

The pink hired girl IS GREAT

Did you know that is Michael Landon’s daughter?

bigcrappie
    Blaine

Can I get someone’s password for Paramount so I can check it out?

AK Guy

Can I get someone’s password for Paramount so I can check it out?

Sorry, wish I could. I just gave my password to a Nigerian prince.

Jeremy
    Richland County, WI

I don’t think it streams on Paramount, they sold the streaming rights to Peacock. It looks like you can stream episode 1 from paramountnetwork.com but you have to sign in using your cable/satellite provider login to watch episode 2

BigWerm
    SW Metro

I don’t think it streams on Paramount, they sold the streaming rights to Peacock. It looks like you can stream episode 1 from paramountnetwork.com but you have to sign in using your cable/satellite provider login to watch episode 2

Yeah it was weird, it was not on Paramount+ but was on MTV and like 8 other channels when we watched on Sunday.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

It is on Paramount on Hulu Live.

Anyone have any predictions? I’m thinking Jamie gets tied up with the new babe working for market equities and maybe goes as far as an assassination plot?

big_g
    Isle, MN

It is on Paramount on Hulu Live.

Anyone have any predictions? I’m thinking Jamie gets tied up with the new babe working for market equities and maybe goes as far as an assassination plot?

How he is not planning Beth’s demise is beyond me. coffee

Don Meier
    Butternut Wisconsin

If you grow a beard your fired !

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I feel like the shows about to take a really in realistic turn and go down the same lame road most good series do.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 76 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.