Webster SD

• DFP
    Haverhill Iowa

FYI – this is our third day fishing here. Been very slow. Been on Bitter and Horseshoe. Currently fishing Waubay. Bait shop feels like it has been very unusual. Not to optimistic about things improving in the near future. Time will tell.

Joe Thody
    Auburn, NE

All the reports I’ve seen and heard have been fairly slow.

They are waiting for me to show up before they bite. )

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Not sure if Optiz is near as good in the winter as it is in summer. If it is even 1/2 as good, it still would be a great lake. Sportsmans bait should be able to let you know if Optiz would be a good choice or not. There is also a lake just South of Town. I can not think of the name. It has a flooded farmhouse in the middle of the lake. I had several friend who did well on the crappies there last winter. Lots of 12-13″ fish.

jerad
    Otranto, IA/Hager City, WI

Was very slow for me also from Jan. 17 & 18. Keeper perch we got were small, 8-9″. Some active pike and a few walleyes

Dusty Gesinger
    Minnetrista, Minnesota

I’m glad I’m going next weekend when they start biting! -)

KoopHawk

Not sure if Optiz is near as good in the winter as it is in summer. If it is even 1/2 as good, it still would be a great lake. Sportsmans bait should be able to let you know if Optiz would be a good choice or not. There is also a lake just South of Town. I can not think of the name. It has a flooded farmhouse in the middle of the lake. I had several friend who did well on the crappies there last winter. Lots of 12-13″ fish.

I think you are thinking of Reetz.

DFP
    Haverhill Iowa

Thanks guys, We opted to try Bitter for tonight’s last hurrah. Hopefully the late afternoon/early evening bite treats us well. Good luck for your future trips. It can only get better.

mozy
    LQP

How much ice is on Bitter? Heading out there for the weekend, hope the bite picks up with the warmer temps and pressure dropping.

jjrieger61
    Northeast, SD

Was on bitter last Friday and found 16-19″. Trucks and permys all over. Best bite I’ve found was 13-17′ for eyes. A lot of fish in the 13-17″ range with a lot of aggressive, schooling fish up shallower than the cities out there have been fishing.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.