Webster SD area Info.

• fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Myself and 3 friends are heading out to the Webster SD area for 3 days of fishing 5-15-1-17. Looking for any recent Info. for the area. We hope to try Bitter lake for the 1st time. We have never managed to get out on Bitter in our 3 other trip out to the area. Anyone have any info. on the crappie bite in the area? It would be fun to get into some monster slabs on ultralights while out there. Hope the forecast changes some before Sat. Wet and high winds will not help. Thanks in advance for all replys and Info.

roosterrouster
    Inactive
    The "IGH"...

KDLO radio out of Watertown has a fishing report on their station every Thursday around 10AM. You could listen to that (I listen online since I am in Mn…). They talk with all the CO’s in the area to get reports and I know they talk Bitter a lot…RR

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

I will try to tune in and listen to that. Thanks for the Info.

Jeffrey Trapp
    Milbank, SD

We have had a cold front and rain that really dropped the water temps and slowed down the fishing. I would imagine by the time you get back the bites should pick up better. The walleye bite has been good at any normal walleye lake. Crappies were picking up but weather sent them a little crazy. I look for them to pick back up but couldn’t say where.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

The weather out in this area of SD sure does change a lot. A little more windy on Friday now. Sat. has a little less Rain in the forecast but still really windy. Just once I’d like to get out to this area when the wind is not blowing like crazy. Then again this is SD and I’m not sure if the wind is ever not blowing hard. I guess a day fishing in the wind and rain is still much better than a day at work. Looking forward to the trip.

mwal
    Rosemount,MN

We head out to Lynn Lake Lodge the end of June. We always have a good time and always have wind. LOL

Mwal

Jeffrey Trapp
    Milbank, SD

How’d the fishing end up? The weather was less than ideal.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Other than the weather it was a decent trip. Not our best by far. We did real well on Bitter on Friday. Between the 4 of us we probable caught 100-125 fish. Only managed 10 Keeper fish ( 15″ ) caught a few big pike as well. We left Bitter around 5:00 ( Should have stayed. Went to fish Reetz – Did not do well there at all. Caught a few Walleye but no smallmouth or crappie. Not sure why. Sat. morning the forecast looked bad for both wind and rain so we decided to head to Optiz thinking if the wind got bad we could find a calm area to tie off and fish the tember. For some odd reason we could not locate any fish. Only managed 1 keeper walleye and a few pike. After catching well over 100 fish both of the last times out there it was rather disappointing to say the least. To make matters worse the trim on 1 of our boats went out. With the motor issue and winds forecasted the rest of the day we decided to call it a trip and head home. We drove thru some of the hardest rain I’ve ever seen almost all the way home. I have never seen that much water in the fields and ditches. I know then needed the water but that was way to much to fast. It was Crazy all the water standing everywhere.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.