Public Hunting – Central WI

• cougareye
    Hudson, WI

I’m going to be making a trip back from Appleton Thursday with some time to kill.

Anyone know of some public hunting areas for ducks or pheasants in the areas of Stevens Point, Marshfield, Wausau, Chippewa Falls, etc?

I know its a long shot but I might just grab my sportsmans atlas and start exploring!!

Eric

rochy
    Arkansaw Wi

Dont know if you want to head this way at all but the tiffany wildlife area runs from above durand,WI to the mississippi river by wabasha, MN. Not a lot of phesants but lots of ducks!

Jon Stevens
    Northfield, Wi

Not ducks or pheasant but south of Stanley (I believe off of cty H) there is a big block of public land. When my brother lived in Owen, he shot a lot of grouse there. Just walk the swamp edges, key in on tag alders.

Surf-N-Turf
    Stevens Point, WI

W of Point is Jct. City, N/NW of of Jct. City is the Mead Wildlife Area. There is a small network of ditches and I know guys duck hunt the Little Eau Pleine River on the N end for ducks too.

Hope this may help…Gregory

mbenson
    Minocqua, Wisconsin

Quote:

W of Point is Jct. City, N/NW of of Jct. City is the Mead Wildlife Area. There is a small network of ditches and I know guys duck hunt the Little Eau Pleine River on the N end for ducks too.
    Hope this may help…Gregory

And Mr. Jigger is right, there is pile of Clark County Forest in the area he speaks of, both are areas that I would have recommended. Last Sunday I was actually looking at the Mead area to do a little exploration.

Mark

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.