Warrior V208 Mods

• Waxy
    Calgary, AB

My Warrior 208 continues to be the best boat I’ve ever run or fished out of. I absolutely love it.

That said, I thought I’d share a couple of the mods I’ve made to my 208 that made a great boat even better, or at least they did for the way I like to fish. I’ve been very happy with all of them.

One of the only things I didn’t like about the layout of the 208 was that there was no seat base on the rear casting platform. I spend a ton of time back there back trolling or hovering with the Vantage when live bait rigging, and standing for hours on end, especially when the wind is blowing, is really tiring. I added a seat base and now have the option of moving one of the chairs up there into my rear “command center”. Everything is at arms reach, I still have lots of room to maneuver, and the seat comes out in seconds if you want to stand or have a clear casting deck. The seat base fits nice and neatly, and you’re able to through bolt it solid with a backing plate, so it’s plenty strong. The best mod I’ve done so far for sure.

I also converted the front passenger seat to a drop in seat post. It’s likely not as durable as the standard fixed Mainstay pedestal over the long run, but it works very well. I love being able to take a seat (or two) out of the boat on tournament days and having a HUGE dance floor to work with when fighting/handling fish or just moving around the boat. I put one seat up on the rear pedestal base, one seat in the bow, and then it’s wide open inside. If I’m fishing with only two guys and I know I’m not likely to be rigging or doing much backtrolling with the Vantage, I’ll leave two seats out and either move the bow seat back or use the jump seats when running from spot to spot.

The last mod is adding the Extreme Max Slider Trax. I’ve done this on all my Warriors so far, and I love it. They’re the same idea as a Lund Sporttrak (in fact the brackets are interchangeable). You have to drill a few small holes, but they’re easy to install and they’re very clean and factory looking once they’re installed. It’s a super convenient way to mount all your tool holders, cup holders, even rod holders, and have them be nice and solid and yet easily moved and customizable. Well worth the price and the guys at Extreme Max are great to work with.

I’m always looking for ideas on how to make these boats even better, so if you’ve got mod ideas, share ’em!

Waxy

**** These mods are not officially endorsed or approved by Warrior Boats Inc, always check with your dealer before doing any modifications. ****

Attachments:
    1. 15.jpg

2. 13.jpg

3. 12.jpg

4. 7-e1497989485242.jpg

5. 10.jpg

6. 11.jpg

7. 3.jpg

8. 2.jpg

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Waxy….. you can’t park that outside! jester

Nice job on the mods.

Waxy
    Calgary, AB

Waxy….. you can’t park that outside! jester

Nice job on the mods.

I know! It’s my only option during the summer when I want to have it ready to go at all times though.

Thanks.

Pat McSharry
    Keymaster
    Saint Michael, MN

Nice write up Waxy. Pretty slick setup in the back there! I still think it’s hard to beat going backwards when live bait rigging. It’s just a lot easier to hover over fish and keep your bait on the fish.

KH

Waxy, what did you use for a backing plate on the rear casting deck where you added the Springfield base? I didn’t see any backing plates made by Springfield so I just ordered 2 bases & was going to remove the center insert from one to use as the backing plate unless I come up with something better. Looks like it will mount inside the livewell (may have to cut to fit). Do you still like your mount or anything you’d do different & any issues with it going into the livewell? Thx.

Waxy
    Calgary, AB

Waxy, what did you use for a backing plate on the rear casting deck where you added the Springfield base? I didn’t see any backing plates made by Springfield so I just ordered 2 bases & was going to remove the center insert from one to use as the backing plate unless I come up with something better. Looks like it will mount inside the livewell (may have to cut to fit). Do you still like your mount or anything you’d do different & any issues with it going into the livewell? Thx.

I made a custom backing plate out of 1/4” aluminum. Matched bolt holes and maximized the amount of surface area in behind just to be safe. It’s awkward and time consuming but worth it IMHO.

Access is from inside the livewell. I sealed it up really good afterward with marine sealant, again, just to be safe. Zero issues.

I’m really happy with it, it’s gets used constantly. The only thing I might do is add another one on the other side.

Waxy

KH

Thanks Waxy, appreciate the feedback before I go punching holes! I put a Gem screwless rod/net holder on the port side, but would still have room for the 2nd seat base if I wanted, but think I’ll start with one on the starboard side & sacrifice the 2nd mounting plate for my backing plate…

Attachments:
    1. IMG_20190417_100639011_BURST001.jpg

Dusty Gesinger
    Minnetrista, Minnesota

I wouldn’t waste your money on using a mounting plate for a backer plate. Just get a piece of stainless steel cut and drilled how you need if you don’t have the tools necessary.

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

Wow that looks fantastic! When can I come by and pick it up. grin
    Nicely done

Lyle Kvarnlov

Love the modifications. Where did you purchase the accessories to use with the trax? I can find the slider trax on their website but am having a difficult time finding the accessories to go into the trax. Am most interested in the holder you show that holds the pliers, etc.

Thanks

Waxy
    Calgary, AB

Love the modifications. Where did you purchase the accessories to use with the trax? I can find the slider trax on their website but am having a difficult time finding the accessories to go into the trax. Am most interested in the holder you show that holds the pliers, etc.

Thanks

The tool holder is from Rapala. It’s screwed onto the slider trax base.

https://rapala.ca/products/magnetic-tool-holder

The stainless cup holders are OEM Warrior.

Waxy

Lyle Kvarnlov

Fantastic ! Thank you. where did you find the parts that insert into the trax so you can move the accessories that you area using? For example, is there a piece that goes on the back of the cup holder that locks into the track and then can be moved if needed?

Thanks so much. Love the mods.

Lyle Kvarnlov

Waxy
    Found them !! Thanks for the great ideas.

Waxy
    Calgary, AB

Waxy
    Found them !! Thanks for the great ideas.

Excellent.

Sorry for not getting back to you right away, I was out hunting and didn’t have much for cell coverage.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.