FYB Morning

• river rat randy
    Hager City WI

Think I will crawl out of a nice warm bed about 9am. Have a few cups of good hot coffee with Bailys Irish Cream. About 10am or so the Lady will fix Ham and Eggs with American Fries and Oatnut Toast. Mite as well have a screwdriver or 3 to wash down all that good Hot food. Then back to bed for a late morning snuggle……Sure hope you FYB Guys stay warm and catch lots of fish. Would someone please let me know who wins, cause it will be to COLD to go to the weigh-in…………rrr…Sally…

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

Oh cmon man! It’s not going to be all that bad. The boys will eventually descend back to normal at some point in time, I hope

mike_utley
    Zumbrota, MN

See you at 10:00.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

MMmmm you’re getting to be known as….

Riverette Randy.

Trapper16
    Lakeville, MN

Wreck your gear temps, and really zero bragging rights since it looks like the winners will have beat all of the 6 teams to take home first ? Is it worth it, should it be next weekend, should we all just meet at the bar ? I’m liking the sounds of staying home too.

marbleyes
    Holmen, WI

Move it to the 8th if possible.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Good luck guys. Think I would opt for holding the contest at the Bluffs. Best fish story wins.

onestout
    Hudson, WI

Quote:

Wreck your gear temps, and really zero bragging rights since it looks like the winners will have beat all of the 6 teams to take home first ? Is it worth it, should it be next weekend, should we all just meet at the bar ? I’m liking the sounds of staying home too.

IMO you would have even more bragging rights, you were able to make it through the cold and your gear was up to the challenge. Good luck to everyone Saturday.

stuart
    Mn.

It’s the Freeze Your Butt tourney.Not the lets wait till it’s warmer then have it tourney.
    A little forethought and your equipment will be fine,you’ll freeze your butt off for sure and that’s where the Major bragging rights kick in.
    Wish I wasn’t working all weekend so I could be there.
    Randy,you want to work for me? Promise it will be hotter than hell in the plant.

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

erick
    Grand Meadow, MN

I am with Mr. Steven’s on this one! To much crap to crack and brake on the boat for a few bucks and puff my chest out! I am thinking screw driver’s at 11 AM Randy after your yoga session upstairs and put some tip ups out on the dock? Mother nature needs to snap out of this funk that’s for damn sure!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Says the guy that start fishing the FYB tourney after 10 am most years.

Eric, since you’re not fishing with Jamie this year, would you climb in the back bait tank for it’s annual FYB cleaning?

Where ARE my photos!?

erick
    Grand Meadow, MN

Quote:

Says the guy that start fishing the FYB tourney after 10 am most years.

Eric, since you’re not fishing with Jamie this year, would you climb in the back bait tank for it’s annual FYB cleaning?

Where ARE my photos!?

Easy there cake eater that is the Saugerama we have the issue being able to legally drive to until 10am. The FYB I have actually cashed a check the past couple years …breaking the streak this year my body is to old for that crap!

Trapper16
    Lakeville, MN

I get it, freeze your butt off tournament shouldn’t be cancelled because its cold. I wish you all the best of luck and hope you have a good day. Maybe I’ll come down for the weigh-ins.

walleyenordy
    Cottage Grove, MN

Trapper14 good luck on deciding when weigh-in is going to be it could be from well 7:30 am all the way to 3:00 pm.
    I guess I am the sally of our group but yes good luck to all FYB fisherman and hope that everyone does awesome. Please stay safe out there!!!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Hey Sally! I thought you were stopping into the bait shop?

I’m not sure if there’s going to be bacon donuts though.

cdm
    Oronoco, SE. MN.

Sorry Sally or not it should be rescheduled if not for the obvious reasons, some people just lack common sense. Just ask RiverDan about cold weather fishing If you do go please be extra carefull and good luck

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

I heard River Dan was fishing it(?)

lenny_jamison
    Bay City , WI

Everyone fishing the tourney will have to be very careful handling their catch. Any fish pulled from the water at those temps risks freezing their eyes and fins.
    I hope the kill is kept to a minimum.

walleyenordy
    Cottage Grove, MN

Quote:

Everyone fishing the tourney will have to be very careful handling their catch. Any fish pulled from the water at those temps risks freezing their eyes and fins.

I hope the kill is kept to a minimum.

Even though I sallyed out of the tourney that is good to know and watch out for!!!

moxie
    Sioux City,IA

Quote:

MMmmm you’re getting to be known as….

Riverette Randy.

that’s a cute handle.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.