Hot Stick Mitch 3/21

• Dave G
    Rochester, MN

The plan for the day was to catch numerous huge eyes below Red Wing by pitching jigs into shallow water hot spots. Well Plan A failed miserably as we spent the whole morning without a single bite, not even a tiny fish.

So we decided to go after a few eaters as most the day was already blown and went to the community areas upstream of Everts. Mitch had the hot stick for sure and was kicking my butt at a rate of at least three fish for every one I caught. He even caught and released a couple at 20” and one at 25”. This guy showed no mercy for his fishing partner. Although he did toss me one of his hot jigs toward the end of the day. We did end up with 11 eaters.

My poor excuse was that my right elbow was giving me trouble and I had a brace on it. I was the boater and had to run the electric tiller with my left hand to keep us on fish, held my rod with my left hand, and netted Mitch’s fish with my left hand. All the while he could use two rods and just sat back catching fish after fish – life just doesn’t get any better (for him).

After these floods are over and my right arm heals, my plan is to return the favor and give Mitch a good butt kick’n. Although he does deserve a congratulation of being the hot stick for a day. See his happy face in the attached picture.

mike-west
    Amery, WI

Were you forced to drink with that left arm too?

o.m.f.t.
    Rochester Minn

Great job mitch, make him work for your fish.

drew-evans
    rochester MN

nice fish mitch!

Wade Boardman
    Grand Rapids, MN

Come on Mitch, leave some for us. Looks like a good way to spend a spring.

lundgeye
    Rochester, Minnesota

NICE job Mitch !! Another beautiful fish… nice to see you pound ’em hard in both brands of tin boats. It was nice of you to leave a few scraps for Dave to keep him enthused.

fireline
    Rochester

Lets hear it for the netman

look-a-like
    St. Charles, MN

It was fun to get into a great vertical jig and plastic bite. Dean those jigs you sold me on Saturday matched with a purple/chartreuse ring worms and paddle tails caught all the fish for us on Monday. And Dave I hate picking on a one arm man but I’m sure you will return the favor in the future.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.