Pool 4 Hot walleye action on a cold day!

• big dad
    Rochester, Minnesota

Weather wasn’t what we hoped for on Thursday but we had to go – last vacation day for two friends and they wanted to go! We caught our first fish 15 minutes in (nice plump 18 incher) – perfect eater and just what Don and Mike were wanting to take home. We hit the water about 11:30 AM and started out down on the lake and worked our way back up river from there. Picture is one of three “big bites” we had on the day and as you may note from the dimness of the light this fish was caught about 7 PM. It was a total shocker as the spot we were in had been churning out nothing but saugers for close to an hour.Numerous fish all in the 15 to 18 inch range – one of those turn on the bite and lets go wild kind of deals. Anyway, in spite of the less than ideal weather – great day on the water!

tony_apisa
    E. Moline Illinois along the Rock River

Nice fish. What technique put the fish in your boat?

Dean Marshall
    Chippewa Falls WI /Ramsey MN

Nice fish Big dad ! Good to see you are still on em!

big dad
    Rochester, Minnesota

As far as technique? Typical (for me) only a half day to fish – get lazy- throw out the cranks. JSR 5’s – brighter colors early in the day – darker later on. Best color yesterday was the firetiger early and the red crawdad late. Most fish caught in 7-8 FOW at speeds ranging form 1.4 to 2.4

smackem
    Iowa Marshall Co

That is some GREAT news I’m counting down the days until we can do the same….19 days and still counting The bite should really be a happen by then….I hope

big dad
    Rochester, Minnesota

Best of luck to you – hope you are blessed as I have been – 4 trips in last two weeks have been a blast! In my book, things are certainly headed in the right direction.

stitch
    Jasper County Iowa

This is good news, we’re heading up there Thursday night.

Thanks!

dustin_stewart
    Rochester, MN

Mike, good to see your trolling pattern is holding on! I did not see you on the water on my last outing like I thought we would but had a decent day as well with our best fish going 28″. #7 flicker shads did the trick for us on the bigger fish. Eaters came on the jointed shads for us.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.