Pool 4

• BobB
    Dodgeville, Wisconsin

I just got back from pool 4…man it is better than fishing at home!! Dean, Brian nad Stuart, thanks again for all your help on getting started fishing the dam. Friday pitching purple hair jigs to rock structure was great until sun up. Then, pink and white, or pink and green hair was the ticket for the rest of the day as well as purple and white paddle tails.

Saturday, the wind was a big factor. The bite was much slower for me but firecraker chartruse ringworms did help me boat several big sauger. All in all I manged only one dink and 8 big sauger. A pretty slow day but the quality of the fish is great. Pool 4 is awesome!!

Dean Marshall
    Chippewa Falls WI /Ramsey MN

Good to hear you enjoyed your trip! There is a learning curve for everyone on new water….sounds like you learned very quickly!Thanks!

stuart
    Mn.

It was nice to meet you,I like to be able to put a face with an IDA name.I’m on my way out right now to see if I can conect with a nice one.Hope you take me up on the offer next spring. Stuart

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

I hear ya on the pool 4 is a great pool to fish Bob.
    It was nice to meet you on the water Saturday, and yes, that wind was a tough one. My face still feels like it is on fire

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

Firecracker Chartruese? Who told you!!!???
    Dang it Dean! Is nothing sacred?

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

It was nice to finally put a face with a name
    I am glad to hear you had a great time up there, it is nice to try somewhere different for a change

Dean Marshall
    Chippewa Falls WI /Ramsey MN

Well Tuck,
    Being the slow learner that I am…….I finally figured that after re-ordering several hundred bags of that color…..I might want to try fishing with it myself

rogan

All this talk about p4 has me ready to make a trip north leaving p11 behind to check it out on Friday/Sat. Bought the mastering plastics video and thought it was great, now time to put it to use. Any good advice for a newbie would be much appreciated. Thanks, Rogan

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Seriously…the best advice I can give you is to see Dean before going out.

Just don’t steal any of his cookies.

Brian Lyons

Glad you had a good trip Bob! Sounds like you learned fast

rogan

Sounds like good advice, will stop in Friday a.m.

Thanks, Rogan

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.