Pools 9/10

• BobB
    Dodgeville, Wisconsin

I have been wondering, has the suger and eye bite begun on these pools with the cooler weather approaching (near the dams)? Also, what is the current like, I live over an hour away and was thinking of fishing this weekend and next.

superdave
    NE IA

Bob, I wondered the same thing, I think I’ll be heading up next saturday the way it looks.

BobB
    Dodgeville, Wisconsin

Hey Dave, good to hear from you. On pool nine, do you do more jigging or dragging this time of year?

jondobbs

was there 2 weeks ago,not much and alot of GRASS in the water.nearly impossible to troll and even jigging and be a chore.Good luck!

cherilovell
    Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin

Here is a report from Clements Fishing Barge:

“Walleye are moving in right now. This might be a September just like three years ago, when the walleye followed the bait fish in and hit like mad. There were two big walleye caught yesterday and one today, but there were a lot more walleye caught today. The weather has cooled down, the water temp is dropping and the bait fish are thick around the barge right now. Should be some great fishing coming up and very few people this time of year. We are getting plenty of whitebass and a lot of small bluegills, you need to catch quite a few before you can find some keepers. Water is very low, but with all those baitfish here, there is a lot of opportunity to catch some nice fish.”

192-fazer
    Cedar Falls Ia.

I was out on the river on Wednesday this week below lock & dam #9. The water temperature was 63 degrees and very little current.I’ve only been there ounce before when the current was that slow. It looked like the pool was down about 3 feet also. We tried up at the dam on both sides and was able to pick up everything except walleye or saugers. I didn’t see a legal walleye or sauger caught all day. I decided to go down river and fish some rip rap and wing dams but came up with nothing.I’m sure someone is getting fish but it might be alittle early yet. I’m going to keep trying though now that gas prices are falling, because I also live 2 hours from Lynxville.

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

I went to Pool 7 Saturday looking to see if there were any active eyes or sauger below the dam. Same situation, low water, no flow, and 66 degree water temps. Hopefully the cool down this week will help out

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.