Any pool 2 reports?

• Jim K
    Mpls, Mn

I was driving my truck over the 494 bridge saturday morning and saw that the parking lot was being well used. Heading out tommorow morning for my try at it, how’d ya all do? Anybody see a color prefernce?

Good fishn to ya!

walzer
    Afton, MN

Hey Jim,
    Pool 2 is going pretty good right now. You can check out my report on the Mississippi River walleye forum.
    The big fish are definately showing up right now.
    Good luck on your future outings.

Derek W

Jim K
    Mpls, Mn

Hello Derek,
    Congrats to your dad on a fish of a lifetime! What a monster! Maybe I shouldn’t say “fish of a lifetime” for pool 2 though. I had read your report, but am fishing for a heads up on color. I know color can change by the hour, but maybe I could get a starting point. I fish by myself a lot, so it’s always a bit of a challange to get that zeroed in.

Good fishn to ya!

walzer
    Afton, MN

Thanks for the congrats Jim,
    We experimented a lot with different colors down there. The water clarity is a lot better than is has been in the previous weeks. Most of the fish came on the Oystershell color B-Fish-N Tackle K tails. Though we did get a couple with chartreuse. Jig color didn’t seen to make much of a difference, with black, white, and chartreuse, all catching fish. I’m sure this doesn’t help you much, but I’m sure if you experiment enough, you’ll be rewarded.

Good luck,

Derek W.

beno
    St. Paul

I have had recent success on a bleeding gold chartreuse k-grub. It was a go-to over the weekend.

DeeZee
    Champlin, Mn

walzer,

Sounds like you had a good weekend as well. Congrats! What boat are you running? Just wondering if I saw you at all over the weekend.

walzer
    Afton, MN

Hey Steve,
    Yeah, last weekend was great. I’m running a white Alumacraft Tourney Sport. I’m not sure if I saw you down there on Saturday, you’re running a Ranger if I recall? I’m sure we’ll run into each other down there sometime, I’ll be shifting my attention away from the St. Croix and more towards Pool 2 as these big fish are getting more consistant.

shayla

Hi Jim,
    I was out this past Thursday and Sunday. Mainly fished with ringies, purple with white tail, and also tried some chartreuce hair jigs….all either 3/8 or 5/16. Did especially well on larger fish with the ringies fishing wingdam tips. The run and gun approach worked on Thursday, but on Sunday my neighbor and I used the wait em out method….only caught about 10 fish between the two of us on that day, as opposed to around 20 the day I fished alone, so I think you’re better to keep moving! Hope this helps. Good Luck!

Jim K
    Mpls, Mn

Thanks for your posts guys. I did get out this morning (Monday) I diffinately had better luck than the last couple trips I had. Got 5 fish-25″,23″,20″, 20″ and 19″. Did have one bite short. I hit 8 wingies. I caught all my fish on a purple Kalin tail. I had switched up colors and styles, but only the one caught fish. I got my fish before the clouds moved out, in fact, the first fish I got was before predawn-6a.m. My two bigger fish came off the tip of a wingie, the others came shallow. It sure was a beautiful day today. Water temp was 48.5. I am going to get out again this a.m..

Good fishn to ya all!

Jim K
    Mpls, Mn

I did get out last tuesday morn. Only two fish but one was a 26″r. Made it out again this morning got another 5 fish 19-25″. Did lose a big fish-straightened out my hook. Also had 3 come unbuttoned-hook sharpener straightened that out-dah! New color started to shine for me today-pearl blue s&p. Found fish on 4 of the 6 wing dams I visited. Water temp was 46.0.

Good fishn to ya!

Jim K

DeeZee
    Champlin, Mn

Good to hear Jim.
    Had a fair weekend on Pool 2. Saturday my customers and I put 23 fish in the boat with 24.5″ fish taking top honors for the day. 1-5 fish per spot was the norm for the day as we put on the miles running and gunning. We got into early afternoon and found a couple spots that had some fish piled on them. Was not fast action but consistent. Our best color was YUM Ozark smoke ribworm and BFT’s Chartruese/pepper ringworm. My trips for this week are on a day to day hold right now to see what mother nature is going to do with the weather.

mstanley
    Shorewood,MN

Was out Friday and got 6 pitching the wingies. Largest was 25″ and I lost a big one. Couldn’t turn it and when I put a little more pressure on the fish my line broke. BNF ringies in the fire n ice color were the ticket for me. Fish were in the middle of the dams. Hope to be chasing Steve around this weekend

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.