eggs/ milting a mess

• riverdan

Went out handlining again tonight, pulled cable all over the place and found plenty of action but small, it wasn’t till I hit a area south of prescott at a creek mouth did I find some decent walleyes, most of the walleyes were males and were milting all over the place, picked up two fat girls that were dropping eggs what a mess, sure thought the spawn was over! Sure love pulling cable!

p4walleye
    Rochester, MN

Afraid this years spawn will be a rough one. Very strange year.

Corey Rhymer
    Roberts, WI

Nah, if anything, it’ll be a explosion of fry. I think this year with the early spring will allow this years hatch to thrive. Early algae, which means plankton will be doing good, which in turn helps the new hatch. I think this will help all the fish!

Jack Naylor
    Apple Valley, MN

Nice going DAN, Is it time for a Spring Cleaning??
    Jack

ozzyky
    On water

Quote:

Nah, if anything, it’ll be a explosion of fry. I think this year with the early spring will allow this years hatch to thrive. Early algae, which means plankton will be doing good, which in turn helps the new hatch. I think this will help all the fish

Tell that to the pike on 4. I’ve hardly caught one that hasn’t spawned yet. This should have happened well over a month ago.

river rat randy
    Hager City WI

Could be a good year for saugeyes…..rrr

p4walleye
    Rochester, MN

saugeyes- I was thinking the same thing!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.