Anything happening on Pepin?

• wilk71
    Albany, Missouri

Going to be on Pepin next week for a few days….wondering if a decent bite has gotten underway? Cranks or bait? Top of Lake, flats, etc. Only get up that way once or twice a year…so any information would be appreciated. Also…is Bay City park still a usable launch? Been a few years since i have been there and it seemed early in the spring it was very handy…just got too shallow as we got into summer.
    Thanks,
    Brian

.mnmike
    red wing, mn

The fish have been biting everywhere I have gone too on the lake. The problem for me has been to find the nicer ones. I have caught fish on three ways and stick baits/live bait, jigging and also trolling lead core. Hopefully the nicer fish will start biting soon

Dave Ansell
    Rushford, MN

I know there were boats putting in at Bay City last weekend. The water is still high so it should not be an issue but of course the river is ALWAYS changing.

millermann

I’d at least try pulling the can line. Good luck!

TJ
    Hammond, WI

Spent Wednesday morning up on the Bay City flats trolling 3 ways. 2.5 hrs of trolling resulted in a 12 inch Northern and that was it! I am a rookie however so take the report for what it’s worth…I’ve yet to catch a walleye in two trips on the river. The ramp at Bay City Park is open and I had no problems with it. 16′ Crestliner.

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

Welcome to In-DepthOutdoors ocean!!!

KTroller
    Plymouth, MN

A long battle with the wind Saturday produced just 3 small saugs and 2 just under eyes. Trolled cranks, jigged rip rap, and bottom bounced. Bouncers were the most productive. Mminnow or crawler on a 5-6′ snell with a single bead.

KT

doogymd
    Adams MN

Must have been the same fish we caught , tried all presentations and usually find one that works , but Sat nothing folded by noon, settle for a fish sandwich at burger king. Its amazing how iv seen the decline in fish over the years. Something is chaniging but not sure what.

hunter1723

what do you think is contributing to that doogy?

ryan_mcneil
    Dodge Center, MN

Me and the girlfriend were out on pepin yesturday long linning with cranks anddid fairly good. Wasn’t fast and furious. Boated lots of little guys but brought home 3 between 15″ n 18″ 2 were saugers. And one 12″ crappie. I’m haveing a hard time wandering where the saugers are. Lots of walleyes but lots of small ones. Looks good for the future anyways. Boy was it windy out there.

hv2fish06
    Allison,Iowa

We trolled can line and numerous spots Sat in the lake with about same results, lot of short fish. We did our best in the river running lead in 10 fow.

farmboy1
    Mantorville, MN

Got the boat out and fought the wind for a while on Sunday. Windy was an understatement. Boat control suffered, but I was able to boat 6 walleye all around 15-18″, a bass, and of couse one sheephead to wrap up the day. Not bad for 2 hours of trying to figure out leadcore

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.