Vexilar tri beam

• Smackem33

Did they stop making these I absolutely hate the pro view on my 28 I’m using my 12° from my fl8 I really want a tribeam

marvins
    Kansas

From what I’ve read on another forum is that they did.

luttes
    Maplewood/WBL

Call their shop in Bloomington and they may have some still available?

tim hurley

what the heck is the tri-beam?

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I dont know how it pairs up or if it is just as easy to swap ducers but my brother has a fl22 that took a crap , just sitting in his garage. Hasn’t moved in 2 seasons. I bet he would part with the tri beam ducer on it if you offered him a couple cases of Busch light.

Not sure where your located but I’m in north branch and the bro is in pine city

Dave maze
    Isanti

It is a transducer with a switch that would let you change cone angles. I had one. It was meh. I really like my proview ducer. The proview is supposed to change cone angles with the gain setting.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Tri beam has 3 different cone angles you can switch through for different depths of fishing.

patk
    Nisswa, MN

tim hurley wrote:

Tri beam has 3 different cone angles you can switch through for different depths of fishing.

When it works, it’s awesome.
    9, 12, and 20 degree at the flick of a switch.

They had a lot of problems and warrantied a few. In the later years they switched mfrs of the crystal for better quality control. For example, I’m on my third one for my FL22. Kudos to Vex for their customer service, always treated me great!

luttes
    Maplewood/WBL

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Bearcat89 wrote:</div>
    tim hurley wrote:

When it works, it’s awesome.
    9, 12, and 20 degree at the flick of a switch.

They had a lot of problems and warrantied a few. In the later years they switched mfrs of the crystal for better quality control. For example, I’m on my third one for my FL22. Kudos to Vex for their customer service, always treated me great!

Completely agree, their customer service is top notch! I had one of the originals that had the red plastic and it started to crack, they said send it in, and within a few days i had a brand new new version on my doorstep. Can’t speak highly enough of their customer service and willingness to stand behind their products.

Seth Heinzelman

Id be interested in the bad fl22 and tri beam transducer if the price was right?

robby
    Quad Cities

Id maybe be interested in the entire broken FL22 unit if he would sell it. Unless it was submerged or run over by a truck or something.

Jason

My Tri-beam junked out twice on my old FL22 unit. Was the beginning of the end with Vexilar for me.

404 ERROR
    MN

This thread is 3 years old, but maybe Bearcats brother still has one…

FWIW, I use a 12 degree on a 28. The proview is absolute garbage, IMO.

Red Eye

I dont know how it pairs up or if it is just as easy to swap ducers but my brother has a fl22 that took a crap , just sitting in his garage. Hasn’t moved in 2 seasons. I bet he would part with the tri beam ducer on it if you offered him a couple cases of Busch light.

Not sure where your located but I’m in north branch and the bro is in pine city

I sent my fl18 in last yr with worn brushes and a bad capacitor I think. Guy I talked to said there really isn’t anything that they can’t fix or repair on a vexilar. Outside of being destroyed that is.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

I sent my fl18 in last yr with worn brushes and a bad capacitor I think. Guy I talked to said there really isn’t anything that they can’t fix or repair on a vexilar. Outside of being destroyed that is.

This is true in my experience, and they are nearly impossible to destroy. I beat the crap out of an FL8 for years, including a couple tumbles across the ice. Gave it to my brother and a year later it stopped working, brought it into Vexilar and $80 later had basically a brand new FL8 and battery.

hnd

I sold one to a guy who had a 28. he basically was about ready to throw the whole thing across the ice dealing with his proview ducer. just an absolute dumb transducer design. crank up angle but crank the gain to a ridiculous level as well.

3rdtryguy
    Central Mn

“It’s like Deja Vu all over again.” Get over it, they ain’t coming back.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.