Vermilion Ice Fishing

• Mitch Bradshaw
    Hugo, MN

After the craziness that is the Holidays we packed up and headed North for the in-laws Cabin on Vermilion. While up there we did a lot of different types of fishing (BWCA Lake Trout, Hole Hopping for Walleye, Fishing from a Permanent House) and we were met with some really tough fishing. This video was filmed on New Years Day when it was -22 degrees. I expected more of the same but wound up catching over 30 fish this morning. Even though my day didn’t go according to plan it was a nice change of pace to bring up fish after fish!

BoatsHateMe
    Between Pool 2 and Pool 4

Good times. What end of the lake do you primarily fish? So many different fisheries in one lake.

Mitch Bradshaw
    Hugo, MN

My inlaws cabin is on Big Bay so we primarily fish the Eastern Side open water and ice. I’d like to get over to the West more but it’s a little bit of a hike and there’s so much to fish/check out on the East.

skfishing16

Great Fishery, I’ve only fished it open water. Would love to get up there to ice some of those jumbo perch.

Mitch Bradshaw
    Hugo, MN

Great Fishery, I’ve only fished it open water. Would love to get up there to ice some of those jumbo perch.

They seem to be making a rebound on the East end. We have been catching more of them the last 3 years. 5 or 6 years ago we only seemed to catch small ones. Might be location but to me the Perch population seems to be rebounding.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.