Velvet Bucks!

• hillhiker
    SE MN

I went out to my favorite glassing spot this morning to look for one buck in particular. As the fog lifted I found him about 600 yards away with 8 other bucks. Of coarse I forgot the spotting scope at home today, so forgive the bad pics through the binoculars. I originally found him two years ago, and found his sheds that winter which scored right around 164″ with a conservative 16″ spread. He looks to already be nearly as big as the year I found his sheds. He’s going to be one amazing animal in another couple months! Any guesses what he will score by the end of the summer?

Attachments:
    1. Annotation-2020-07-02-090443.png

2. 13.png

3. 12.png

hillhiker
    SE MN

Here’s a couple other bucks from trail camera. These are from the first two cameras I checked a couple weeks ago.

Attachments:
    1. MFDC9921.jpg

2. MFDC4217.jpg

tegg
    Hudson, Wi/Aitkin Co

I’m always amazed at how fast they put on mass down there. Nice start to the trail camera season.

hillhiker
    SE MN

Awesome video Haleys! It reminds me of a night in Wyoming watching muley bucks in a parade walking a spine out to a alfalfa field from their bedding.

I often times think I like the activities leading up to and after the actual hunting season better. Things like running trail cameras, glassing fields, and shed hunting must be better suited to an impatient hunter like myself. I spend lots of time out glassing bucks in the summer especially during July when they seem to be most visible. There’s something special about getting to see multiple big bucks in daylight. Yesterday I had 19 bucks in the field at one point, and 7 had what I would say is the potential to be truly big this year. Now if I could just figure out where all these bucks go during the hunting season I’d have it made!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.