USPS shipping stories

• Netguy
    Minnetonka

I ordered a beetle spin for store pick up at Eden Prairie. Turns out it was out of stock and they’d ship one for free from the St. Cloud store. Three days later still not delivered in Minnetonka. So, when it did arrive 6 days after the order I checked the tracking history.
    St. Cloud
    St. Paul
    Minneapolis
    Trenton
    Newark
    Chicago
    St. Paul
    Minneapolis
    Minnetonka
    So it’s crossed the ‘ol Mississippi several times (much like Aquavit crossing the equator twice) and got tougher in New Jersey and Chicago so it could be a beast of lure. Time will tell. Probably get clipped off by a nort within the first few casts. whistling

Attachments:
    1. Beetle-Spin-scaled.jpg

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

Thanks for the reminder. I ordered a shirt a few weeks ago that is still “out for delivery” with the almighty USPS for its 10th straight day. It’s to the point where if I order something and the free shipping option is with USPS, I’ll either not buy the item at all or pay more to have it on fed ex or UPS even if it’s not a rush

CaptainMusky

Ive had the exact same thing happen with UPS and FedEx.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I just deal with it unless I need the item asap. I just hate when it’s marked delivered on a Tuesday but doesn’t arrive till Wednesday

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

I just hate when it’s marked delivered on a Tuesday but doesn’t arrive till Wednesday

Agreed. I have no problem waiting another day if it takes it. Just give me the right time it will be here.

Riverrat

Theres become a pretty clear pecking order for delivery services, and USPS is not at the top of the order. My favorite is when they mark a package as delivered and it shows up the next day.

Paul D
    Roseville

Few years ago wife ordered 8.5’x 11′ rug. She pulls up the delivery confirmation and it says “Item placed in mailbox”. Well since I couldn’t find the rug in our mailbox, I called the company that shipped it and asked them how somebody was able to fit a rug that size in a standard size mailbox, dead silence, and I am talking 5 mins of silence. While still waiting for them to come back and talk to me, wife receives a text message that her account was refunded the entire amount. I still want to know how they got the rug in the mailbox and somehow I wasn’t able to see it.

Jimmy Jones

Government agency…. sure not like it was years ago.

boone
    Woodbury, MN

Was fishing with my dad out of his boat this past Saturday morning. His 2005 60 hp EFI Merc was not charging the battery. The voltage continued to drop over a couple hour trip. Did a little on-line searching and determined the most probable cause was the voltage regulator/rectifier. Ordered one from Amazon late Saturday and it was shipped via USPS. Amazon said it’d arrive by 9:00 p.m. Monday. I was doubtful. It arrived by noon on Monday! The box for the part in the Amazon bag showed a Mississippi address. I don’t know if it was actually shipped from MS to East Dubuque, IL, but pretty impressive delivery wherever it came from.

Got the part installed which is just a couple of bolts and a couple of electrical clip plugs and know the voltage reads 13.4 – 13.7 when the motor is running. Hopefully that solves the problem.

Huntindave
    Shell Rock Iowa

I placed an order just the other day that was to be shipped USPS. My mailbox is at the end of the street along with all my neighbor’s boxes because we do not have door delivery in our area.
    Well the order arrived and wouldn’t you know, it came packaged in a huge box too big to even come close to fitting into my mailbox.

No problem, mail lady pulls into my drive, steps out, rings my doorbell and waits for me to answer the door. After which, she cheerfully hands me my package, along with all the rest of my mail, which I would usually have to walk to the end of the street to retrieve.

I can’t say enough good things about my mail service.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I placed an order just the other day that was to be shipped USPS. My mailbox is at the end of the street along with all my neighbor’s boxes because we do not have door delivery in our area.
    Well the order arrived and wouldn’t you know, it came packaged in a huge box too big to even come close to fitting into my mailbox.

No problem, mail lady pulls into my drive, steps out, rings my doorbell and waits for me to answer the door. After which, she cheerfully hands me my package, along with all the rest of my mail, which I would usually have to walk to the end of the street to retrieve.

I can’t say enough good things about my mail service.

That is what they do these days with door drop off packages. If you didn’t answer it would just be left on the step. We don’t have door drop off either. But the same thing happens. I don’t have any complaints about our usps either

Harold Nachtman

About ten years ago I ordered a Humminbird unit from an electronics place in California. Everyday I’d check UPS tracking to see where it was. The second day it read delay due to train wreck. Not what you want to hear when it’s delicate electronics. It arrived two days late in good shape.

I just ordered a socket set which has about 15 reverse torque sockets. The cost is under $5.00 and free freight. How the heck can they do that? Obviously not a quality product but I’ll probably use it only once or twice

JEREMY
    BP

I can’t say enough good things about my mail service

We have about a 150 foot driveway. Our driver always brings bigger stuff up to the door. If anyone is outside they will always walk up and hand deliver everything. Guess it all depends on who you get.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Huntindave wrote:</div>
    I can’t say enough good things about my mail service

We have about a 150 foot driveway. Our driver always brings bigger stuff up to the door. If anyone is outside they will always walk up and hand deliver everything. Guess it all depends on who you get.

I definitely have no complaints with our rural carrier either. If a package or mail gets to him, regardless of how it is marked he will get it to us. I’ve seen him hitting drifts in our 1200’ driveway during the Winter to deliver packages to our door.

The issue is the system long before they get to him. If we have an issue, it’s probably the regional level

Deuces

I don’t ship alot of things, but when I do, I ship my pants

bigcrappie
    Blaine

I have the opposite problem, all my bills show up on time or early some months.

Jimmy Jones

Our regular mailperson will walk boxes up and set them down. If he is off the route a day or two and we have boxes coming I’ve seen the replacement duke just toss up to the porch from 10-15 feet away. Our regular mailman is a normal looking guy and will take a minute to talk if I happen be out by the box when he comes along. Nice fella. Replacements can be something else. A couple of them look like chronic methheads. I know the USPS is having a tough time finding “good” help, nobody wants to work anymore.

bigstorm
    Southern WI

We’ll see how my luck goes today, ordered a new Stradic from Scheels Friday night, it shipped out on Monday and shows as “Out for delivery between 11AM and 3PM” today

IceNEyes1986
    Harris, MN

I got one for ya! A buddy of mine ordered a part for his motorcycle, from JEGS I believe. Any who, It was supposed to be like 3-5 business days for delivery in Brook Park, MN. He ended up watching it literally go AROUND THE WORLD! Shipped from Missouri, went to Chicago, then New York. From there, can’t remember the European country it went to, but then to Guam, Hawaii, Seattle, then finally to Minneapolis. It took a little over 3 weeks! He was ticked off to say the least. I couldn’t believe it. After it was in Guam, he called, biotched, and got another shipped to him right away & it showed up in 4 days. The original part showed up two days after the 2nd one.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Wasnt USPS but Speedy. 2 hour delivery on a part to get a customer’s water heater going. Showed up over a week later after touring the 5 state area. Chicago, St Cloud, Dakotas and back to us in Ham Lake where we declined the delivery. It was supposed to go from St Paul to Ham Lake.

Gitchi Gummi

I know the USPS is having a tough time finding “good” help, nobody wants to work anymore.

I hear this so often but don’t know a single person that is willingly choosing not to work. Do you know so many people opting out of work that you can confidently say no one wants to work anymore? It sounds like one of those things my grandpa complains about when he’s got nothing else to do

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

I ordered an item and it shipped free from USPS. Return shipping was x3 more than what I paid for the item from USPS. I don’t understand how that can be. I guess if you don’t have a corporate account you get hosed. $30 item, wanted $98 to ship it back.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Jimmy Jones wrote:</div>
    I know the USPS is having a tough time finding “good” help, nobody wants to work anymore.

I hear this so often but don’t know a single person that is willingly choosing not to work. Do you know so many people opting out of work that you can confidently say no one wants to work anymore? It sounds like one of those things my grandpa complains about when he’s got nothing else to do

I was on this same thought process. Everyone I know wants to work, is working , and even has extra work lined up.

Jimmy Jones

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Jimmy Jones wrote:</div>

Just relating what the postal service states as reasons for poor mail handling in this area.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Just relating what the postal service states as reasons for poor mail handling in this area.
    [/quote]

What kind of pay does a mail man make ? I know the jobs in my area that are not filling are crap pay, crap hours and crap bosses.
    My job at least has excellent pay where I can put up with the hours and I’m my own boss 90 percent of the day so if I’m unhappy it’s my own fault

glenn57
    cold spring mn

I have the opposite problem, all my bills show up on time or early some months.

rotflol rotflol rotflol now thats funny right there!!!!!!!! jester

yea i knw a few that wont/dont work living of the government tit!!!!! flame flame flame doah

CaptainMusky

Do you know so many people opting out of work that you can confidently say no one wants to work anymore? It sounds like one of those things my grandpa complains about when he’s got nothing else to do

This isnt limited to the USPS. A local bar is closed today because they didnt have a cook. Wont be open for 3 days. Its all the free handouts that are costing the rest of us paying for it.
    Did you guys know that the money sent to Ukraine caused millions of people to lose medicaid and foodstamps or at least have it cut big time?

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Gitchi Gummi wrote:</div>
    Do you know so many people opting out of work that you can confidently say no one wants to work anymore? It sounds like one of those things my grandpa complains about when he’s got nothing else to do

This isnt limited to the USPS. A local bar is closed today because they didnt have a cook. Wont be open for 3 days. Its all the free handouts that are costing the rest of us paying for it.
    Did you guys know that the money sent to Ukraine caused millions of people to lose medicaid and foodstamps or at least have it cut big time?

Could this be due to garbage pay at the bar ? Generally curious. Frontier steak house in Princeton is closing because they can afford to pay the workers a livable wage. People realized 8 to 12 bucks a hour is a joke. I bet if they offered a solid bonus to the cook then he would be in. The profit might go down a little but that’s better then no income at all

MX1825

I had to complain to Fed Ex about 1 of their delivery drivers. He would deliver the packages I ordered and set them in front of the garage door. ??? I have a 2 car attached garage. Most of the time I hop in the car and then open the garage door. Luckily I always noticed the package in the back up camera screen. I don’t understand why he puts the package in that location when the covered front door is only 14 feet away.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>JEREMY wrote:</div>

Our regular mailperson will walk boxes up and set them down. If he is off the route a day or two and we have boxes coming I’ve seen the replacement duke just toss up to the porch from 10-15 feet away. Our regular mailman is a normal looking guy and will take a minute to talk if I happen be out by the box when he comes along. Nice fella. Replacements can be something else. A couple of them look like chronic methheads. I know the USPS is having a tough time finding “good” help, nobody wants to work anymore.

Look at the demographics of our country. There is quite a bubble of people that are retired, recently retired, or nearing retirement. The Covid crap accelerated many peoples’ decisions in this age range to retire and I don’t blame them. This is also the first generation that has really capitalized on investment options and retirement accounts for many years (hence, they have a nice retirement pot and can walk away when they want). It’s not so much that “nobody wants to work” rather that there are simply not bodies to replace some of the jobs. Some of the lower paying jobs in our society will continue to go unfilled due to a shortage of workers as BC alluded to. The US as a country statistically is not getting any younger. Many jobs are going to be lost to automation, or reshuffled with different associated wages and we’ve just barely began to see what that could look like. People living in the developed world are not going to work many years of their lives in the lowest wage jobs. The days of someone waiting tables at the local diner for 30 years are gone.

I don’t mind EITHER of my jobs, but I am not interested in a third.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 63 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.