Used truck topper for 06 ram?

• tindall
    Minneapolis MN

I have always been opposed to toppers, but after building a wood rack to strap on top of my rolling cover I realize that I have been doing more things that would benefit from one, especially with some bars on top of it. I want to get something cheap for my truck that can be secured (understanding that they are only so secure, but I at least want someone to have to commit to breaking something to get in).

Are these things highly specific to the trucks or sort of interchangeable? I have a 2006 ram 1500 crew cab short bed – do I need a dodge 3rd gen one, or will others fit? Where would you look for one? Its an old rusty truck with a few years left so color/condition is not very important, just want it functional.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Call top a truck in East bethel. They will answer every question and toppers are all over Craigslist and market place for sale. You can spend a 100 or 3k

tindall
    Minneapolis MN

Thanks, I gave them a call. Sounds like this could be more difficult than anticipated to find one.

CaptainMusky

Check out facebook marketplace. That is how I found my used topper. There are tons of them out there. I didnt care about color either so I had a red truck with a white topper.

CaptainMusky

that just gave me anxiety. rotflol
    DT

Ha! Everyone around here knew it was me! The funny thing is I saw a white truck just like mine with my color red topper. I should have made him pull over and we swapped.

Here’s the funnier thing. I sold that truck in Oct to the dealer. They took the topper off. Some guy bought it and put a black topper on it! LOL

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.