Golden’s first grouse

• jhalfen

Couldn’t resist cross-posting this picture. It is of my young golden with her first grouse, which she flushed and later retrieved after my first decent shot this fall. We were closing out a cast-and-blast weekend up in Hayward WI when we found this bird in the late afternoon, eating berries in a low spot about 100′ from a swampy backwater. The rest of my report is in the wisconsin lakes section; we bagged a couple of nice walleyes as well using techniques I picked up on the board. Enjoy!

ryan-hale
    NW Ia

What a great picture!! Put that baby in a frame.Goldens are such good looking dogs.Best of luck.
    Ryan Hale

ryan-hale
    NW Ia

What a great picture!! Put that baby in a frame.Goldens are such good looking dogs.Best of luck.
    Ryan Hale

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

That is a great pic Jason, I second Ryan’s suggestion I would have it framed!

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

That is a great pic Jason, I second Ryan’s suggestion I would have it framed!

birdhunter88
    Cedar Falls, Iowa

I agree……. what a picture ! Something you would chearish for a lifetime..
    bird

birdhunter88
    Cedar Falls, Iowa

I agree……. what a picture ! Something you would chearish for a lifetime..
    bird

scottsteil
    Central MN

Not to mention that is the cleanest hunting dog I have ever seen! Very nice picture!

scottsteil
    Central MN

Not to mention that is the cleanest hunting dog I have ever seen! Very nice picture!

bassguy
    MANKATO

THANKS FOR THE PICTURE. I USED TO HAVE A DOG JUST LIKE YOURS AND HE WAS AWSOME ON GROUSE
    ON ONE OF MY BEST PICTURES, I GOT A 20X18 MADE AND FRAMED IT FOR ABOUT $50. YOUR’S WOULD REALLY LOOKS GREAT ON THE WALL.

bassguy
    MANKATO

THANKS FOR THE PICTURE. I USED TO HAVE A DOG JUST LIKE YOURS AND HE WAS AWSOME ON GROUSE
    ON ONE OF MY BEST PICTURES, I GOT A 20X18 MADE AND FRAMED IT FOR ABOUT $50. YOUR’S WOULD REALLY LOOKS GREAT ON THE WALL.

jhalfen

Thanks guys. I admit to brushing her out a bit before the picture, but the truth of it is that we picked up the bird so close to our cabin that she barely had time to get dirty. We’ll be back at it this weekend, she can hardly wait I’m sure.

jhalfen

Thanks guys. I admit to brushing her out a bit before the picture, but the truth of it is that we picked up the bird so close to our cabin that she barely had time to get dirty. We’ll be back at it this weekend, she can hardly wait I’m sure.

KingofJester
    Minneapolis, MN

I agree great picture. I miss not having a dog in the woods. I need my kids to grow up a little faster so that I can have them flush the birds for me….hey that is what my dad did to me and my brother..Just passing on the tradition.

KingofJester
    Minneapolis, MN

I agree great picture. I miss not having a dog in the woods. I need my kids to grow up a little faster so that I can have them flush the birds for me….hey that is what my dad did to me and my brother..Just passing on the tradition.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.