Which state is your favorite to pheasant hunt ?

• birdhunter88
    Cedar Falls, Iowa

Which state do you have as a favorite to pheasant hunt and why ?

chappy
    Hastings, MN

I know it’s a bad thing ,but I go to North Dakota. Why,? Because the farmers in the area that we hunt are Fabulous! If you ask ,99% of the time they will let you hunt. The area we go to is Pheasant heavan to me…. See more birds in an hour than yoou’ll see in a day around here! Now if I could just hit those darn thing’s alittle more often!!!!

chappy
    Hastings, MN

I know it’s a bad thing ,but I go to North Dakota. Why,? Because the farmers in the area that we hunt are Fabulous! If you ask ,99% of the time they will let you hunt. The area we go to is Pheasant heavan to me…. See more birds in an hour than yoou’ll see in a day around here! Now if I could just hit those darn thing’s alittle more often!!!!

birdhunter88
    Cedar Falls, Iowa

Even though I live in Iowa and am a avid pheasant hunter… I love to hunt in South Dakota…. man they have the birds there…. never hunted North Dakota… had a chance a couple of years ago but I passed on the opportunity basically because of the travel distance….

bird

birdhunter88
    Cedar Falls, Iowa

Even though I live in Iowa and am a avid pheasant hunter… I love to hunt in South Dakota…. man they have the birds there…. never hunted North Dakota… had a chance a couple of years ago but I passed on the opportunity basically because of the travel distance….

bird

ryan-hale
    NW Ia

Bird,Iowa is the only state I’ve ever hunted pheasant so thats my choice!I’ve hunted dove in Mississippi and grouse in Ontario but Iowa is my choice for pheasant.
    Ryan Hale

ryan-hale
    NW Ia

Bird,Iowa is the only state I’ve ever hunted pheasant so thats my choice!I’ve hunted dove in Mississippi and grouse in Ontario but Iowa is my choice for pheasant.
    Ryan Hale

MFO
    Minneapolis, MN

I loved hunting in Iowa around the Ames area while going to college. I think I may have missed a class or 2.

MFO
    Minneapolis, MN

I loved hunting in Iowa around the Ames area while going to college. I think I may have missed a class or 2.

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

I have only pheasant hunted in SD. Literally seeing 200 rooster flushes is tough to compare to. Makes it really hard to get motivated to hunt in MN, hearing stories of hours of walking to find a hen or two. I’d rather be chasing the walleyes then.

kooty
    Keymaster

I have only pheasant hunted in SD. Literally seeing 200 rooster flushes is tough to compare to. Makes it really hard to get motivated to hunt in MN, hearing stories of hours of walking to find a hen or two. I’d rather be chasing the walleyes then.

crossin_eyes
    Lakeville, MN

I’ve only hunted Minnesota and Iowa. I really enjoy seeing the number of birds we see in Iowa. Now I’m a little farther away since work moved me to Wisc. Hopefully I will still get down there.
    I’d love to go on a South Dakota shoot, and if I could ever get Waterfowler out from under his wife’s thumb maybe we could go!

crossin_eyes
    Lakeville, MN

I’ve only hunted Minnesota and Iowa. I really enjoy seeing the number of birds we see in Iowa. Now I’m a little farther away since work moved me to Wisc. Hopefully I will still get down there.
    I’d love to go on a South Dakota shoot, and if I could ever get Waterfowler out from under his wife’s thumb maybe we could go!

Doug Ertl
    St Cloud, MN

I have hunted ND and IA twice in the past 10 years. MN and SD every year for the past 10+. For me nothing has even come close to comparison to the worst year I have seen in SD. But like I said, only hunted twice in ND and IA, and the land we hunted was not as prime as we come across in SD.
    We walked tree lines (or wind rows) back in the early 90’s that would blow anybody’s mind when you got to the last 100 yards or so and the sky would just explode with literally 100’s of birds. FUN STUFF.

Doug Ertl
    St Cloud, MN

I have hunted ND and IA twice in the past 10 years. MN and SD every year for the past 10+. For me nothing has even come close to comparison to the worst year I have seen in SD. But like I said, only hunted twice in ND and IA, and the land we hunted was not as prime as we come across in SD.
    We walked tree lines (or wind rows) back in the early 90’s that would blow anybody’s mind when you got to the last 100 yards or so and the sky would just explode with literally 100’s of birds. FUN STUFF.

jeremy-crawford
    Cedar Rapids Area

I hunt right down the road in Iowa. I have never had a problem seeing birds. You can fill your limit road hunting for peat sake. The 10 year programs are all over the place and full of birds. There is no reason to go any where else.
    jc

jeremy-crawford
    Cedar Rapids Area

I hunt right down the road in Iowa. I have never had a problem seeing birds. You can fill your limit road hunting for peat sake. The 10 year programs are all over the place and full of birds. There is no reason to go any where else.
    jc

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

Does that mean you are taking my Dad & I hunting this year?

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

Does that mean you are taking my Dad & I hunting this year?

mwchiefs
    Red Wing, MN

Kansas used to be it for me, but the numbers have dwindled considerably. Now, I hunt about 40 miles west of Des Moines, IA on the uncle’s farm. Gonna have to suck up to JC and get in on some spots that are closer! LOL

Mark

mwchiefs
    Red Wing, MN

Kansas used to be it for me, but the numbers have dwindled considerably. Now, I hunt about 40 miles west of Des Moines, IA on the uncle’s farm. Gonna have to suck up to JC and get in on some spots that are closer! LOL

Mark

kooty
    Keymaster

Hey Mike,

You say the word and we are going. I’m home for opener this year, but will have another 5 day stint. Let’s plan a weekend in November.

kooty
    Keymaster

Hey Mike,

You say the word and we are going. I’m home for opener this year, but will have another 5 day stint. Let’s plan a weekend in November.

clay
    Kansas City, Mo

Live in central Iowa and have GREAT luck every year. I have also been to Pierre, South Dakota and have had GREAT luck, but not having to travel too far is a BIG plus. Good Hunting.

clay
    Kansas City, Mo

Live in central Iowa and have GREAT luck every year. I have also been to Pierre, South Dakota and have had GREAT luck, but not having to travel too far is a BIG plus. Good Hunting.

has
    Hudson, WI

Lets see, MN, SD, IA, I love them all. If they got birds i’m there. But it looks like just MN and IA for me this year. To much to do, and not enough time to fish and hunt.

has
    Hudson, WI

Lets see, MN, SD, IA, I love them all. If they got birds i’m there. But it looks like just MN and IA for me this year. To much to do, and not enough time to fish and hunt.

Shane Hildebrandt
    Blaine, mn

I used to hunt in MN, right west of the cities, in loretto and hanover. used to get alot of birds out of there, but that was also about 15 years ago. I haven’t went out for pheasants since that last year. would like to go agian, was actually thinking of finding a game farm and buying some for release to go out and hunt. but with no dog, makes it a tough hunt.

shane

Shane Hildebrandt
    Blaine, mn

I used to hunt in MN, right west of the cities, in loretto and hanover. used to get alot of birds out of there, but that was also about 15 years ago. I haven’t went out for pheasants since that last year. would like to go agian, was actually thinking of finding a game farm and buying some for release to go out and hunt. but with no dog, makes it a tough hunt.

shane

SpinnerDave
    S.E. Iowa

Iowa here, I to have never had to go anywhere else. We dont have a tremendous amounts of birds but we have enough to keep us happy. Looks to be a good year ,I think we had good hatches and the weather was ok. I have to re seed my CRP this spring for the new contract,so it will be big blue stem instead of switchgrass that has been dying off more every year. Big Blue stem is taller but is not as thick as switch. This could be interesting.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 57 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.