Early season check list.

• ryan-hale
    NW Ia

With the up-coming season fast upon us we need to do a few important things to get ready.First of all check in with land owners to get permission to hunt their land again.Also time to get us and our dog(s) in walking and running shape.Work them with short runs at first and longer as the season gets closer.Pre-season work is a huge step to being ready for opening day.Your hunting buddy will thank-you.Best of luck to all.
    Ryan Hale

birdhunter88
    Cedar Falls, Iowa

Ryan,

I couldn’t agree more…… I too have already lined up all my pheasant hunting ground for the first 2 weeks of the season more than 2 months ago… even though I know that much is this ground is a guarantee to hunt for me… but I make it a point to give the landowner the consideration and respect that they deserve for letting you enter their land…and you may ask why only the first two weeks… after the first 2 weeks I have found that there is not much pressure from other hunters and I like to explore new hunting territory so I am never sure exactly where I may end up after the 1st 2 weeks….besides alot of the ground that I get, I have permission pretty much to hunt at anytime through out the season…… I too believe that you have to make sure that your hunting partners are in shape before season begins… I have been taking the dogs out now for the past 3 weeks… started out slow with short walks and runs and now have them in the phase of nice hard long runs…. almost there but with the cooler weather upon us… getting the dogs and myself into hunting shape are alot easier to accomplish…

bird

birdhunter88
    Cedar Falls, Iowa

Ryan,

I couldn’t agree more…… I too have already lined up all my pheasant hunting ground for the first 2 weeks of the season more than 2 months ago… even though I know that much is this ground is a guarantee to hunt for me… but I make it a point to give the landowner the consideration and respect that they deserve for letting you enter their land…and you may ask why only the first two weeks… after the first 2 weeks I have found that there is not much pressure from other hunters and I like to explore new hunting territory so I am never sure exactly where I may end up after the 1st 2 weeks….besides alot of the ground that I get, I have permission pretty much to hunt at anytime through out the season…… I too believe that you have to make sure that your hunting partners are in shape before season begins… I have been taking the dogs out now for the past 3 weeks… started out slow with short walks and runs and now have them in the phase of nice hard long runs…. almost there but with the cooler weather upon us… getting the dogs and myself into hunting shape are alot easier to accomplish…

bird

lenny_jamison
    Bay City , WI

Talking to the landowners getting my permissions up to date is one of the more enjoyable parts of the fall in my opinion. Most farmers are great folks if you treat them with the courtesy that they deserve and I enjoy talking to them immensely.

Gator Hunter

lenny_jamison
    Bay City , WI

Talking to the landowners getting my permissions up to date is one of the more enjoyable parts of the fall in my opinion. Most farmers are great folks if you treat them with the courtesy that they deserve and I enjoy talking to them immensely.

Gator Hunter

Shane Hildebrandt
    Blaine, mn

you know what i liked about going out and talking to the farmers, is when they start talking about when they were kids and all the huting stories from all the years past. I find myself wasting the day away just listening to them old farmers talk. that is the best time preparing for hunting in my book. to share good stories before the hunting takes place. just don’t get any better than that!!!!!

shane

Shane Hildebrandt
    Blaine, mn

you know what i liked about going out and talking to the farmers, is when they start talking about when they were kids and all the huting stories from all the years past. I find myself wasting the day away just listening to them old farmers talk. that is the best time preparing for hunting in my book. to share good stories before the hunting takes place. just don’t get any better than that!!!!!

shane

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.