Unofficial IDO Giveaway – Agate Bay Mille Lacs Sleeper House

• Will Roseberg
    Hanover, MN

UPDATE – Based on the overwhelmingly positive response to this opportunity Dean Hanson reached out me via Facebook and offered to give away a 2nd midweek stay at Agate Bay Resort. Not only that but Paul Waldowski at Appeldoorn’s Sunset Bay Resort offered to donate a midweek stay at Appeldoorn’s as well… Hunter will now be helping me to give away 3 opportunities for a families with children to fish Mille Lacs this winter.

THANK YOU TO AGATE BAY AND APPELDOORN’S FOR PAYING IT FORWARD!

Will

I was lucky enough to win a certificate for a free Mille Lacs sleeper house rental out of Agate Bay resort in our local Malmo big buck contest. Because I already have all the opportunities I need to fish I talked with Dean Hanson at Agate Bay and he gave me permission to re-gift it… So I will now be giving it to an IDO member with the only condition being I am hoping it can be used to take a kid fishing.

Conditions on the sleeper is that it is good for a 24 hour rental of a 4 hole house after Jan 1st and only good Monday-Thursday.

All you have to do is reply to this post and my 5 year old (Hunter) will choose a winner on Dec 24th. His decision may be random or influenced by pictures or comments, you really never know with kids. The decision will be 100% his call.

Please reply to this post if you would like to be considered.

A HUGE THANK YOU TO AGATE BAY – http://www.agatebayresort.com/

Will

mikek
    Brainerd-Mille Lacs

Sounds like a very nice gesture.
    I would love to take the grandkids out but don’t know how the parents would feel about taking the kids out of school to go fishing!

bigpike

1 day after my birthday Hunter. Choose me!

bigcrappie
    Blaine

Take my family of 2 boys fishing overnight they would love it.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

Hunter, Isabelle said she will show you how to catch walleyes on Mille Lacs.

Attachments:
    1. 9596C77C-0E02-4800-ABC3-600A37546AAA.jpeg

2. 58E3EF69-54ED-4B40-9D52-1E86883195E9.jpeg

riverruns
    Inactive

Will, good for you and your family too make the offer. waytogo

Pretty awesome of you to do this. Good for you to have your son make this decision.

I have kids and Grandkids. Whoever wins, enjoy the time with the family. yay

Also, I couldn’t make this work if I was picked but it’s a great gift to someone! wave

Nick roth

Planned to take my son Gavin who is 7 to the big pond for a day during his winter break. We are planning to go but this would put our trip over the top if we won this. Gavin could take a friend and hopefully make an awesome memory. Thanks for the opportunity.

loren_keizer

What a great gesture on your part Will!

My boys have not had a chance to stay in a fish house on the ice overnight. They love to fish and would be excited if they were picked.

Attachments:
    1. MVIMG_20181124_173747.jpg

deertracker

Throw my name in.
    DT

Attachments:
    1. 20170216_174146.jpg

2. 20170216_174120.jpg

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Hunter, If you pick me all this would be yours.

Attachments:
    1. Candy.jpg

catchindeers54
    Anoka county

My 5 year old says other 5 year old olds really like dogs. I hope that’s true!

Attachments:
    1. 91978B16-8CE8-40B1-BE80-0B66C51DF5BE.jpeg

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

Very thoughtful Will!
    Whenever something nice is done there’s a ripple effect. In this case it’s the proud parents pics. This thread contains without a doubt the best photos I’ve seen on here, well, possibly ever.

Maybe a new subforum?

Oh yeah, I think BigWerm & inchWerm would enjoy the experience of the coziness of a sleeper.

Twins Guy
    NULL

awesome gesture Will and Hunter! I almost created an “entry” but realized how many great opportunities I already have thanks to family and generous friends. My 4 year old (3 at the time) daughter spent a night on the ice last year catching crappies and walleyes and I look forward to many more of those nights together! Tight lines to the winner and tighter lines to the donors;)

Brian schultz

Hi hunter we are Matthew age13 Hunter age 11 our dad told us if we win he will take us we have never done this before we have a clam portable barely big enough for us we are from fremont nebraska an this would be a lifetime memory good luck everyone

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Good team will. Awfully nice gesture from you guys.

Mason (7) just pulled up his first mille lacs walleye. And he is one happy camper

Attachments:
    1. 20181215_1514380.jpg

Jim Seagraves

I have a nephew that doesn’t get out fishing except for when I take him. This would b great. Thanks for the change Will

mxskeeter
    SW Wisconsin

Wonderful gesture Will. You will be rewarded some day for your generosity.

Nathan Bayerl

Throw my name in. My 6 and 9 year old would love to go and catch some Mille Lacs walleye’s.

Paul Waldowski

Will,

Draw two names. I will donate one night in a sleeper as well. One 4 hole deluxe check-in anytime after noon with check-out 10 am Valid for Monday – Thurs night available anytime after January 1st

Paul @ Appeldoorns

weedis
    Sauk Rapids, MN

Please add me in Will, I’m sure my two daughters would love to spend some time in the shack fishing. Thanks for putting this together.

kidfish

Very generous Will! Great show today

Buzz
    Minneapolis MN

Hunter and Will, Santa already has a fish house out of Agate Bay, but giving is partially what the spirit of Christmas is all about. I’m putting you both on the nice list.

Attachments:
    1. BBE2F683-C7DA-4DB1-81A6-5257881C0F46.jpeg

Aaron Kalberer

Would love to take my son Will and my brother in-law Jayden (10 yrs old) out on a decent fishing trip. Both love fishing, and take them out on the boat often and they both frequent the fish house on local lakes, and would love to get them out fishing on Mille Lacs!

Attachments:
    1. IMG_0081.jpg

2. Wills-Walleye.jpg

Migz
    Lakeville

Hunter,
    These three Crazies would love a chance to sleep on the ice and try their luck at some Walleyes. They promise to draw you a cool drawing of their experience if selected. Thank you for your generous offer!

Attachments:
    1. ECE8FD9F-C406-42D1-9705-E144B46B7DB3.jpeg

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

This is 6 yr old Colton with his first B.B. Gun couple months ago. He has already asked (twice) to go ice fishing this winter but we haven’t had a chance to go yet. Thanks Will & Hunter!

Attachments:
    1. 9FF93BCA-6178-4606-99D4-CA704046A1F5.jpeg

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Oh yeah, I think BigWerm & inchWerm would enjoy the experience of the coziness of a sleeper.

Good on ya putting this out there Will! Myself and Lil’ Werm wouldn’t be able to make it, as he’s still working on walking before we get into hook sets. Hunter might end up dating one of Weedis’ girls, so I think he might want to take that into consideration! rotflol Good luck to the winner(s)!

Jim Stoeckel
    Above the clouds.

What a great idea. Please include me as my girls would jump at the opportunity to go ice fishing.

chomps
    Sioux City IA

Don’t put me into the entry as my kids are fully grown and don’t go out fishing with me anymore. Just want to add that the things in life that I miss the most is getting out fishing with the kids, and this will be a great opportunity for somebody to get an outdoor experience that won’t be forgotten. Nice job Will

luttes
    Maplewood/WBL

This is a really nice gesture! I had a proud poppa moment when my 2.5 year old daughter caught her first fish a few weeks ago. It was amazing to see the joy in her eyes and excitement in her voice at seeing her first catch. As much as I want to enter this give away, my kids are just too young to get the most out of it. I hope that whoever wins makes some cherished life long memories.

al-wichman
    SE Wisconsin

This was supposed to be the first year my 11 year old could go on a sleeper trip. Unfortunately her dance troop changed it’s schedule and we already booked. We tried to reschedule but getting a weekend is tough. With this being a one day deal it would be perfect to just be the 2 of us on our first over night trip.

Attachments:
    1. IMG_0168.jpg

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 53 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.