Uh Oh

• glenn57
    cold spring mn

I heard a bit ago when I went down to get my fishing license at the Kiess shell here in town that Bernicks, who delivers Pepsi already canceled Monday deliveries. doah

B-man

12-18″ forecasted for us (

Attachments:
    1. Screenshot_20240323-193413.png

Iowaboy1

I heard a bit ago when I went down to get my fishing license at the Kiess shell here in town that Bernicks, who delivers Pepsi already canceled Monday deliveries. doah

Good thing I have enough to get through the weekend!!

glenn57
    cold spring mn

^^^^ waytogo waytogo rotflol

glenn57
    cold spring mn

yea i dunno……..this storm of the supposed century sure hasnt been so vicious yet!!!!

Michael Best

yea i dunno……..this storm of the supposed century sure hasnt been so vicious yet!!!!

So far it’s been a dud. NOAA says maybe 2 to 6 more inches for us all tge way out to Tuesday night. We maybe have 2” so far.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

i might have 3. what i find odd…….and i’ve lived here in the same place for 30 plus years, the city came through and plowed roads……and in all the time here i’ve learned they dont plow the side roads till the storm/system is about done!!!!! doah doah

MX1825

The workers are short on overtime glenn. whistling
    The pile of salt has get used or next year’s budget gets cut. doah

glenn57
    cold spring mn

rotflol rotflol yea right.

And this tight azz city don’t salt side streets. ???

Jimmy Jones

We started to get heavier snow about 2:30 this afternoon. I think the rain/snow line just crossed over us and the five or so inches are about 1/2 water-logged snow. I can scratch up a shovel full and the water just runs out of it. We’ve got really fine, light rain here right now so by morning we should have a real mess. BUT, we need the moisture and with no frost in the ground a lot of this will soak in. 33 degrees here with the temps supposedly rising thru the night. I know the radar shows a huge area of darker green that is going to move directly over us during the night with some yellows in the morning. I can’t wait to see what the morning will look like.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Woke up to over a foot at my place this morning, heavy heavy wet snow

Karl Hungus
    Carver County, Minnesota

Here in south Carver County near Belle Plaine we’re getting “snizzle” right now. Apparently it was mainly rain/snow overnight. My driveway appears to have just a coating over it…you can see its outline so I’d guess there’s maybe 1/2″ on it if that. Snow cover on the lawn looks like its barely covering the grass but you an tell its very wet. Basically, it was a swing and a miss prediction wise for our area. Yesterday morning they were perdicting I think 6-8″ of snow. Then again, who knows how mnany inches of “precip” we got in this area?

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

I have about 6 inches of extremely heavy wet snow. It rained for a little bit and now its huge flakes coming down. I shoveled about 10 feet of my sidewalk and it was like syrup.

Jimmy Jones

It wasn’t a lot of fun blowing the crap this morning.

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

I cleared the driveway yesterday late afternoon hoping I would wake up to not that much this morning. Crap I have at least 5-6 inches of heavy snow and cleared about 3-4 yesterday. It is coming down in giant flakes right now at the shop. We got by easy this year for sure but this sucks.

CaptainMusky

I must have 8 inches of concrete at least it is really hard to tell though. I shoveled the walkout twice and havent touched the driveway yet. Dont think I will either. This is some real crap! Its not really snowing now.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Basically, it was a swing and a miss prediction wise for our area. Yesterday morning they were perdicting I think 6-8″ of snow. Then again, who knows how mnany inches of “precip” we got in this area?

Yup, I’m not going to shovel or fire up the Tesloro for the first time this year. It was raining hard this morning, and I’d bet the driveway is clear on its own by this afternoon or.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

I think at my place in Sartell we got around 5-6″ yesterday and overnight. May have been slightly more. Heavy snow so it probably compressed down some. Still a little more in the forecast. 1-3 today, 1-3 tonight, and 1″ tomorrow. My guess is it will be on the low end of those #’s. All total for the weekend -thru Tues. we may end up with 10″ far less than even the lower #’s they were forecasting. Surprise Surprise.

CaptainMusky

The forecasters I was following said 10 to 15 so I think they were pretty much dead on. THe models I saw early last week came from people I dont follow or trust and obviously were way off.

MX1825

Leave it melt fellas. No one needs a heart attack before fishing season even gets started. Have a toast

xplorer
    Cloquet, MN

Just outside Cloquet it was 7″ on the level this morning at 7am when I shoveled the deck and snowblowed the driveway (and of course the plow waited until I was back inside to go by), and 15-25 mph NE winds right now.
    Another 8″ predicted by the time it finishes up tomorrow afternoon, and by the looks of it we will probably get all of that.

hossfisher

Basically, it was a swing and a miss prediction wise for our area. Yesterday morning they were perdicting I think 6-8″ of snow. Then again, who knows how mnany inches of “precip” we got in this area?

They don’t forecast snow by how much is left in your driveway after the storm. Odds are most of it melted/compacted on contact. Officially 8.1″ up at the NWS in Chanhassen, in line with what was forecasted. 1.2″-1.7″ of precip has fallen across the southern 1/3 of MN as of 6am this morning.

Pockets of rain today then another shot at snow tomorrow as temperatures come back below freezing.

Netguy
    Minnetonka

Southwest Minnetonka. ~4″ on the driveway and 8″ on the grass. I’m sure all of it has settled some. I gave the blower a coating of silicone last night and again this morning before I used it. I think it helped to keep the snow from sticking. Heavy slop for sure. Blew the deck with a Toro Power Shovel last night and again this morning. I only use it for the deck. I’ve been impressed by it. It’s at least 15 years old and never a problem.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Rained here most of the night and then turned to heavy snow again about an hour ago. Complete white out right now.

CaptainMusky

Well the cordless snowblower I bought for the deck is a complete POS. Wont fire up and I spent the day working with support and they are sending me out a complete new unit. I wouldnt expect it to do a good job with this heavy wet crap, but it doesnt even turn on.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Rained here most of the night and then turned to heavy snow again about an hour ago. Complete white out right now.

Left the house at 3am and it was pouring. Now it’s snowing like no other. Seen like 30 cars in the Ditch today. People really are not very bright

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

Snowing like a BANSHEE right now

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Roads were bad this morning, worst of this storm anyway. And today is the worst weather we’ve gotten so far.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Channel 9 said that many areas in southeastern MN have received 3 inches of water equivalent since Thursday night which is enough to completely remove drought status. Amazing how a clipper system followed by a slow moving low pressure system carrying a combination of wet snow and rain can be so beneficial for the landscape after months of lackluster snow.

Viewing 30 posts - 121 through 150 (of 155 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.