Uh Oh

• gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

I got about 2 inches. Par for the course.

Sun/Mon is still in flux as to where the rain/snow line is going to form.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

Probably 2.5″ here along Pool 4. We were in a forecasted band of 2-5″ by the NWS when I went to bed last night.

A buddy’s 12 year old sent me a video at 7:00am with the caption “NO SCHOOL!” while whipping doughnuts with his 4 wheeler and his little brother filming. They live up above Hudson WI. It looked like 6-7″ of snow there at least. The follow-up message was “please don’t show my dad though.” grin

TillrLife
    Cold Spring, MN

We got a little over 5″ at my house. Looks like the Saint Cloud area did as well, 5.3″ at SCSU.

gim, where exactly are you finding any information that we might be seeing a warm up in the 60s? That’s going to be a tough task with 10″ of snow on the ground. Everything I look at, via NOAA says below average temps.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

gim, where exactly are you finding any information that we might be seeing a warm up in the 60s?

Its the European Medium Range Weather forecast model, showing 60 degrees in the southern 1/3 of the state in a week. Basically from the Twin Cities and to the southeast into western Wisconsin.

That model is often quite generous so take it with a grain of salt. The southeastern portion of the state may get more rain out of this than snow, so it could also warm up quicker.

CaptainMusky

Over 8 inches in cold spring I heard. I have about 4 here.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

Up 8 inches on my deck.

Attachments:
    1. 20240322_074101-scaled.jpg

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>TillrLife wrote:</div>
    gim, where exactly are you finding any information that we might be seeing a warm up in the 60s?

Its the European Medium Range Weather forecast model, showing 60 degrees in the southern 1/3 of the state in a week. Basically from the Twin Cities and to the southeast into western Wisconsin.

That model is often quite generous so take it with a grain of salt. The southeastern portion of the state may get more rain out of this than snow, so it could also warm up quicker.

Tom Novak said there’s a shot at 55 degrees Monday afternoon in SE MN following the snow as the warm air blows in. The big system is looking like a few inches of heavy snow followed by rain for a big chunk of SE MN. I’d love 4″ of snow followed by a full inch of all day rain. I shoved brush piles to the edge of fields last night and double checked some of the lower lying culverts to prep for mainly rain and corresponding mud (which we need)

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Ya I’d prefer rain at this point too, but beggars can’t be choosers. Any moisture is beneficial.

CaptainMusky

Up 8 inches on my deck.

Figured you’d chime in Glenn! You have to be the winner Id bet. Or loser depending how you look at it LOL

Steven Krapfl
    Springville, Iowa

Winter wonderland in Eastern Iowa, got 4” last night and still snowing here. Was just out walleye fishing last night and got a limit for the frying pan at least. Hammering hair jigs right before the front came in. Ground needs the moisture, though, so I’m okay with a little early spring snow.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>glenn57 wrote:</div>
    Up 8 inches on my deck.

Figured you’d chime in Glenn! You have to be the winner Id bet. Or loser depending how you look at it LOL

you mean i finally won something!!!! woot rotflol

Karl Hungus
    Carver County, Minnesota

Down here near Belle Plaine I’m looking out and my asphalt driveway is near 90% melted off already. Have not ventured out but guessing there’s 3″ of wet slop on top of the “grass”. Bet it’s nearly gone this afternoon. In fact, it looks like the snow is “riding” on top of the grass so it’s not 3″

orve4

I live in Avon just outside saint Cloud and not far from cold spring and Id say we got about three inches.

Hydro
    Brainerd Mn

Maybe an inch in south Brainerd. NWS is saying 8-14 by Monday for this area….

xplorer
    Cloquet, MN

Dusting here in Cloquet. Just got this on my phone:
    WINTER STORM WATCH
    ISSUED: 8:53 AM MAR. 22, 2024 – NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE
    …WINTER STORM WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM SUNDAY MORNING
    THROUGH TUESDAY MORNING…

* WHAT…Heavy snow possible. Total snow accumulations of 10 to
    25 inches possible. Winds could gust as high as 40 mph.

* WHERE…All of east central, north central and most of northeast
    Minnesota and all of northwest Wisconsin.

Weather Underground has us predicted for 16″ which I would much prefer to be all rain at this point but thats not gonna happen with our temps predicted to be at or below freezing until Tueday afternoon. Those heavy winds off the lake would make this a nasty one for sure (

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

5 inches I’d say in north branch

Netguy
    Minnetonka

Solid 4″ in southwest Minnetonka.
    Now I can burn the brush from the ash ash trees I’ve cut down this “winter”

JEREMY
    BP

I had maybe an inch on my truck and half that on the driveway when I left at 6:45 this morning. Belle Plaine.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

My brother wants to know if my garden is ready rotflol rotflol

Attachments:
    1. IMG_20240322_133041.jpg

BigWerm
    SW Metro

I had maybe an inch on my truck and half that on the driveway when I left at 6:45 this morning. Belle Plaine.

Tough to say in Carver too, it was melting as I was measuring it and will mostly be gone by dinner jester

CaptainMusky

The 4 inches that my rain gauge caught has already melted. Driveway is almost all melted and I never touched it. The liquid in the gauge is about a half inch so less than 10:1 ratio.

Pailofperch
    Central Mn North of the smiley water tower

5 inches I’d say in north branch

Not to far from you by Isanti. Was over 10 inches if it landed on something that didn’t melt it.

Attachments:
    1. IMG_20240322_122753902_HDR-scaled.jpg

glenn57
    cold spring mn

things must be getting real!!!!!!1 coffee whistling when i hit my weather app on my phone this morning….it was red… rotflol usually a nice shade of blue!! doah

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Here in my area of Sartell the forecast is for 3-5 during the day on Sunday and 5-8 overnight. Then 3-5 during the day on Monday and another 1 overnight. Then 1 more on Tuesday. Overall that 13-20” overall by the end of Tuesday. Let’s see how close they end up on this one.

MX1825

glenn winning the most snow is like a bald man winning a comb. doah

CaptainMusky

glenn winning the most snow is like a bald man winning a comb.

You win the internet today! LOL

glenn57
    cold spring mn

glenn winning the most snow is like a bald man winning a comb. doah

rotflol rotflol not sure iffin thats funny or really sad!!!! whistling rotflol rotflol

cuase i kinda resemble thta bald man thing!!!! doah

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Models are in agreement with what fishthumper posted now. The heaviest snowfall is very likely to occur from Marshall northeast to Duluth and along the north shore. Upwards of 20 inches along that line which is now in a Winter Storm Warning. To the southeast of that, there is going to be some rain mixing in at some point on Monday which will lower snow totals. Where I am in the western Twin Cities the total is projected to be from 8-12 inches.

CaptainMusky

This is going to be heart attack snow

Viewing 30 posts - 91 through 120 (of 155 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.