TUCR Otter Sportsman Case Insert

• Josh Hedstrom

Just curious as to if anyone on here has used this and their thoughts on it. It looks like it would be really nice but also wondering about how many rods you are able to fit in these etc. Any feedback positive or negative would be much appreciated. Thanks and tight lines!

Also if anyone has not seen it here is a link to the picture:

New rod and tackle holder insert for Otter Sportsman's Case designed by Tuned Up Custom Rods will be available at the…

Posted by Tuned Up Custom Rods on Wednesday, November 22, 2017

tucrs
    NW Metro

I like mine! I had to slit the foam in a few more spots to make it all work for my combination of rods. I ended up with about the same number of rods in my box.

For me the biggest thing is my wallet fits into the case. If anyone knows me I dropped my wallet in the bottom of my otter tub one year. Then a white gas container spilled causing all my credit cards to fall apart.

The tackle storage is nice too. My Gruv boxes fit right in there.

Josh Hedstrom

John, if a person buys the case and insert from you guys do you get the egg crate foam from the otter case originally and the insert?

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

John, if a person buys the case and insert from you guys do you get the egg crate foam from the otter case originally and the insert?

Josh, Good question…I’ll let John answer. However I did buy both (the package deal) from TUCR and the top foam was included obviously but the bottom was replaced out with the insert. Perhaps if I asked, I could have gotten the bottom foam but not sure what I would need it for anyway.

I’m kind of neutral on the insert, sells for $40 separately…$30 if purchased with the case as a package which I did. I did have challenges lining up my rods to fit, but now I see John cut additional slits in the insert foam to get them to line up. I’ll have to try that. I did though have difficulty in getting my LTP in there with the other rods. Just a little too much of a squeeze. ???

johnksully
    Lakeville, MN

Are there any pictures of these inserts??

tucrs
    NW Metro

Usually we take it out of there if we are shipping it. But if you want both by all means grab both of them.

glenn-d
    N C Illinois

I really like mine and like John I cut more slits in the foam for more options. I can easily get 4 rods in mine with spinning reels and a 5th if it’s my inline. I still fold my handles down on my spinning reels also. I can almost eliminate a tackle bag since you can get so much in there.

Jamin
    Hudson, WI

I really like mine and like John I cut more slits in the foam for more options. I can easily get 4 rods in mine with spinning reels and a 5th if it’s my inline. I still fold my handles down on my spinning reels also. I can almost eliminate a tackle bag since you can get so much in there.

Glenn-
    If you could, it would be good to see a pic or two of how you modified yours to get 4-5 rods in there. I’ve been struggling with three. All 32″ rods, 2 spinning and 1 inline.

glenn-d
    N C Illinois

Jamin I cut my extra slits with a serrated steak knife. The pink rod in the pic with 5 rods is a 28” the rest are 32 & 36.

Attachments:
    1. FC64DE8E-5255-419B-9016-64C8427C8504.jpeg

2. AFEB75A9-1FAF-4B0A-AC95-48AA1D5E9E2D.jpeg

shady5

What are the dimensions of the case?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.