Trimbelle River – Monday 4/12

• markdahlquist
    Eagan, MN

Fished the Trimbelle by the Red Barn below HWY 10 tonight from 5-6. I used spinner and plastic worms. No bites on the plastic worms. Yet the spinner I had a lot of hits. Beautiful pasture section with easement.

First pool by the bridge, a few follows, no hits.

First and only trout landed 5-6 before the WCC meeting in Ellsworth.

Next pool up. The wind was howling however able to make long casts OK using #9 (heavy) PM spinner. Here is some driftwood piled up from the spring thaw.

Lookey here. Slimy sculpin. I snagged him with my spinner. A quick photo and he was released. Too bad bait is not allowed during the C&R season….

Final pool of the day.

This one was interesting. I tossed the spinner right at the funnel. Half way down a fat ~15″ brown hits it. I set the hook and send the fish flying off landing in the shallows near shore. The fish is flopping, half way out of water. If I would have ran over fast enough I probably could have netted the struggling fish. Next the fish continues to flop and jump all over the run.

ozzyky
    On water

Nice report. Not sure if you ever fished that area before the habitat restoration but it sure helped that area out. Lots of slow water, sand/muck bottom before hand.

markdahlquist
    Eagan, MN

Quote:

Nice report. Not sure if you ever fished that area before the habitat restoration but it sure helped that area out. Lots of slow water, sand/muck bottom before hand.

Sorry never fished it before HI. Talked to the landowner that rents the farm house once though. He told me there were some monsters in there back in the day. Yet like the Rush I assume they were far and few between.

mbenson
    Minocqua, Wisconsin

Fished it a couple of times while in school at Stout in the early 90’s and managed a couple of really fat Browns. Pretty stream and one of my favorites, even though I only fished it those few times.

Mark

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.