Trip Suggestion

• jbg1219
    NW Iowa

Due to job change, family wedding, lack of catching fish in past, baseball, and several other reasons, our annual trip to Trappers on leech this year was cancelled. I have called around to some other places and everything is booked up pretty solid. I am looking for a suggestion on a destination at least as far north as I94 but stay in MN. I have everything needed to camp in a tent but would like electricity for a long weekend or even a week. looking to catch anything that tastes good, but prefer to catch numbers of panfish, perch and northern on this trip. An chance for a walleye or 2 would be good, but not the focus. Is there and area I should look at for early or mid August trip. I have been to Alexandria but only fished on Lake Ida. Not looking for hot spots fishing wise, mainly looking for nice electrical tent camping area that has good fishing in the area.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

We used to camp at place on Lake Reno by Alex that was a good campground, and good fishing lake.

CaptainMusky

We used to camp at place on Lake Reno by Alex that was a good campground, and good fishing lake.

Reno is good for walleyes around that time of year too.

Krh129

Hard to beat Lake Carlos State Park in the Alec area

Pailofperch
    Central Mn North of the smiley water tower

Reno area would be a good choice. Minnewaska and Mary are just down the road as well. I’m no help with the campsites.

ThunderLund78

Silver Rapid Lodge in Ely. They’re a full service resort with several RV/tent sites with electrical. Plus you have access to a bathroom and shower. Super Cheap, super scenic and access to three awesome lakes connected by the Kawishiwi River.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Silver Rapid Lodge in Ely. They’re a full service resort with several RV/tent sites with electrical. Plus you have access to a bathroom and shower. Super Cheap, super scenic and access to three awesome lakes connected by the Kawishiwi River.

Absolutely love this area

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.