We are ready to muskrat trap.

• vsa

Well Saturday was the day we went and cut are stakes for are up coming trapping season.
    My dad and I cut about 200 trap stakes for are muskrat traps.
    Are season starts on October 17th here in Wisconsin.
    We will be ready to go and get some muskrat’s.

jeff_hansen

good luck this weekend, this cold weather should have the critters moving

deerdragger

Though I haven’t “ran a line” since I was in high school, I keep threatening to untangle the few dozen traps I have left and get back into it. My oldest son (just turn 9) has been pestering me to take him trapping.

“And you know what would be really coo, Dad? If we had a cabin somewhere way out in the woods where we could stay for a week or two while we trapped. You know, a place that isn’t really very nice. Kind of old. With a wood stove. We could check our traps in the morning, then go grouse hunting or something during the day. Oh, and then bowhunt while it’s getting dark…”

I had to turn my head away so he couldn’t see the tears welling up in my eyes.

vsa

Thanks, Right now in Wisconsin it’s snowing. We should be ok for the weekend if the ice does not set’s in. Ice make’s thing really bad until you can walk on it.

VSA.

Brad Juaire
    Maple Grove, MN

Looking forward to hearing about your trapping reports vsa! I wish you the very best trapping season this fall!

big_g
    Isle, MN

Quote:

Though I haven’t “ran a line” since I was in high school, I keep threatening to untangle the few dozen traps I have left and get back into it. My oldest son (just turn 9) has been pestering me to take him trapping.

“And you know what would be really coo, Dad? If we had a cabin somewhere way out in the woods where we could stay for a week or two while we trapped. You know, a place that isn’t really very nice. Kind of old. With a wood stove. We could check our traps in the morning, then go grouse hunting or something during the day. Oh, and then bowhunt while it’s getting dark…”

This kid really gets it….

huntfish42
    SSP, MN

Quote:

Take him, the best times I can remember were running a trap line around Staples, MN for a week in October with my uncle. My mom would (reluctantly) allow me to take the last week of October off of school to go up north trapping. Some of the best times of my life, she would also let me take a few days off for spring beaver trapping. You won’t regret it, and he will never forget it.

vsa

Take your son out trapping even if it’s a small line and you only catch a few rats or coons it’s the memories that you and your son will remember for a lifetime.

These are the thing’s that make me coming back year after year with my dad.
    There will be a time when your son will pass the trap line down to his son or daughter.

Take care,

And keep Trapping

vas

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Quote:

Take your son out trapping even if it’s a small line and you only catch a few rats or coons it’s the memories that you and your son will remember for a lifetime.

These are the thing’s that make me coming back year after year with my dad.
    There will be a time when your son will pass the trap line down to his son or daughter.

Take care,

And keep Trapping

vas

I second that!!! Here is one of my most fondest pictures of my daughter. She talked to her teacher at school about trapping and she commented that here pond was filled with rats. My daughter asked her for permission for us to trap them out. That Sat, we made a dozen sets on this back yard little pond. Here is the results of my daughters efforts!

Brad Juaire
    Maple Grove, MN

What a great picture Randy! The smile says it all!

vsa

That’s grate!!!!! That’s what it’s all about.

Keep trapping

vsa

TeamBurbot

good luck on your trapping season. i cant wait to get out there i get excitted every time i think of it.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.