getting ready?

• TeamBurbot

Is anyone out there starting to get ready for the up coming season? took a drive arond my trap line tonight and was a little up set . the last mounth has been so dry some of my better smaller creeks are bone dry. there is rain in the forcast so i hope that is enough to fill those ditches back up.

Brad Juaire
    Maple Grove, MN

I used to trap when I was in junior high school and loved every minute of it. I now get to relive some of those momories through IDO trappers like you.

Good luck this fall!

jeff_hansen

I don’t water trap as much as I used to, but I maintain a short line (about a dozen traps) on the way to work for a farmer. I’ve been trapping there for over 10 years now. The last couple of years my son has been getting involved and we have a blast. Here’s a pic from last year on a pretty good day.

Brad Juaire
    Maple Grove, MN

Very cool str8shooter! Can’t wait to hear this year’s trapping reports!

vsa

I’m getting ready. Next week my dad and I are going to dye your trap’s for the up coming season.

Brad Juaire
    Maple Grove, MN

Quote:

I’m getting ready. Next week my dad and I are going to dye your trap’s for the up coming season.

Welcome to iDohunting vsa! We look forward to hearing about your trapping encounters this fall.

jeff_heeg
    Marshfield WI.

Welcome to the site Vern make sure you pass on all the wealth of knowledge you have in trapping.

Once you get used to navigating here it’s a breeze.

Trapper or Archer you’re great at both!

Brad you had the pleasure of shooting with VSA and his son

Again Welcome!

Jeff

Brad Juaire
    Maple Grove, MN

Vern sent me a private message as well! Welcome again Vern to the site!

I didn’t realize that you were a trapper!

If you trap like you shoot a bow, I feel sorry for all of the animals out there.

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Welcome to the site Vern!

It was a pleasure meeting you at the shoot!

HooksMom1
    Central Mn.

This will be my frist year doing a line. I have done some barn trapping and set some live traps for coon but i just went through trapper edu. and I am going to run a line with some 160s and footholds.I am also going to try to catch some rats

jeff_hansen

I’ve found those 160’s in trail sets are super effective and efficient for ‘coon. They really do a number on them

muskybones

any one here trap beaver?

vsa

I have done a lot of Beaver Trapping. Under the ice.

Have you done any?

muskybones

no but gots lots around.

Great White
    Vinton, Iowa

I am off my feet for awhile due to recent surgery, but after a follow up at the doctor today I had the wife drive me around one of the farms I trap–two deep holes from beaver dams, a muskrat feed bed and lots of good trails in the ditches–can’t wait!

–Whitey

Brad Juaire
    Maple Grove, MN

Quote:

I am off my feet for awhile due to recent surgery, but after a follow up at the doctor today I had the wife drive me around one of the farms I trap–two deep holes from beaver dams, a muskrat feed bed and lots of good trails in the ditches–can’t wait!

It sound like you have something to work with Whitey! I wish you a speedy recovery.
    –Whitey

Great White
    Vinton, Iowa

Thanks, it will be easier to heal with fall to look forward to! Man I can’t wait to set some steel!

–Whitey

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Been ready since March, when I start doing all my ADC work! Trapping is my passion and been at it for over 30 years. One more step to complete and I will be a Trapping Instructor for the partnership between the WI Trappers Assoc and the DNR .

les_welch

Randy, where are you located? I’ve been an instructor in the Eau Claire area, for 4 years.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Lebanon area. About half way between Oconomowoc and Watertown, and a little north. I need to assist with one more class. Had it set up with a guy. When I called back to confirm and get directions to his place, his cell phone was shut off. To compound matters, my dad scheduled his knee replacement surgury for that week, so I went up to help him. Wanted to have it done by this fall.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.