FLW partners with Dobyns Rods

• Jeremiah Shaver
    La Crosse, WI

13.Jun.2011

MINNEAPOLIS — Dobyns Rods announced it has joined the sponsor class of FLW Outdoors, the best in fishing, on and off the water. Dobyns Rods, created by professional angler Gary Dobyns, offers three lines of rods – Champion Series, Champion Extreme Series and Savvy Series – each series offering multiple rods to cover every bass-fishing technique.

http://www.flwoutdoors.com/fishing-articles/press-release/152509/dobyns-rods-flw-outdoors-announce-partnership/

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

You fish with these rods Slop. What is your take on them?

Any ideas on how they compare to a Loomis or St. Croix?

Joef421
    SW Wisconsin

Slop turned me on to these rods and I love them. I have been searching for awhile to find the “right” rod company for me and have been very pleased with the product. I previously fished alot of St. Croix and am currently working on replacing them with dobyns. The champion 705 CB Glass is a sick cranking rod. My $0.02, hope you give them a try, you won’t be dissapointed.

mossboss
    La Crescent, MN

Quote:

You fish with these rods Slop. What is your take on them?

Any ideas on how they compare to a Loomis or St. Croix?

I like them better than St. Croix. Haven’t really fished many Loomis rods. The thing I really like about them is the balance of the rods. Every Dobyns I have, from 6-8″ to 7-4″ balances damn near perfect at the front of the reel after putting a reel on the rod. They are light to begin with, but the balance makes the tip seem even lighter in fishing situations, and makes a great fulcrum for a long day of pitching.

St. Croix amkes some great blanks, but I can’t seem to find many balanced rods in their lines.

tom_gursky
    Michigan's Upper Peninsula(Iron Mountain)

I have been fishing/guiding with Dobyns for two years now…Their casting rods are really phenomenal! The DX Extreme Series will hold its own against any rod out there.
    I love my DX 742! The one in this pic…
    They fill gaps for me where St. Croix hasn’t filled in casting rods , like the longer length, swim jig/finesse presentations and MH Crankbaits.
    St. Croix spin rods are still my favorite

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.