Quarterfinals – Wednesday, March 9

11 a.m. – #2 Warroad vs. Monticello

1 p.m. – #3 Mahtomedi vs. Mankato East/Loyola

6 p.m. – #1 Hermantown vs. New Prague

8 p.m. – #4 Minneapolis vs. #5 Alexandria

Best time of the year!

BigWerm
    SW Metro

I took Hermantown over Mahtomedi and Cretin over Moorhead in my decidedly pro-outstate brackets.

bzzsaw
    Hudson, Wi

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>bzzsaw wrote:</div>
    Outshot them 48-2.

Did you intend to type 48-2 or was that a mistake?

Hill Murray vs WBL again tonight.

It wasn’t a mistake but they had to adjust the shots after the game. They only gave up 1 shot on goal. The other shot was credited on a delayed off sides I believe. Ended up 48 – 1. Hudson ended up winning the finals Saturday against a Madison school 6-2 for their 2nd straight state title.

gregory
    Red wing,mn

Anyone tuned in today?
    Can’t wait to watch tonight! Favorite time of year!

CaptainMusky

It wasn’t a mistake but they had to adjust the shots after the game. They only gave up 1 shot on goal. The other shot was credited on a delayed off sides I believe. Ended up 48 – 1. Hudson ended up winning the finals Saturday against a Madison school 6-2 for their 2nd straight state title.

That had to be a horrible game to watch.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Hermantown is already ahead 3-0, 3 minutes into the first period against New Prague.

This is going to be an ugly outcome for New Prague. They might lose by 2 touchdowns.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

Hermantown is already ahead 3-0, 3 minutes into the first period against New Prague.

This is going to be an ugly outcome for New Prague. They might lose by 2 touchdowns.

its 4-1 now, but man the puck control my hermantown is amazing!!!1 waytogo

deertracker

Anyone have Hulu getting the games? Can’t find it.
    DT

gregory
    Red wing,mn

DT

I’m striking out on my Roku also!
    Old fashioned way is working on the old antenna

CaptainMusky

I didnt see what the final was, but when I saw New Prague made the tourney I thought about how absolutely terrible they were when I was in HS. We throttled them all the time and we werent even good. I did see they had around a 500 record so they must have gotten lucky to get in.

Justin riegel

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>gimruis wrote:</div>

I didnt see what the final was, but when I saw New Prague made the tourney I thought about how absolutely terrible they were when I was in HS. We throttled them all the time and we werent even good. I did see they had around a 500 record so they must have gotten lucky to get in.

I think the final was 5-1, they really played hard.

The Minneapolis- alex game was fun to watch. Today the games should be real good.

Anonymous
    Inactive

you can also watch on line. channel 45tv

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

It was 5-1, only. Hermantown completely controlled the play though and they always had the puck. New Prague actually did a decent job of defending the net though and many of the shots were not “high chance.”

Yesterday they said that its the first time that the tournament has two teams who qualified with records under .500. I don’t remember who the other team is, but New Prague is one of them.

Its an unfortunate by-product of playing in a strong or weak section playoff. Some of these section tournaments are stacked with good teams and its harder to win that then the state tournament. While some of the sections seemingly have the same winner over and over and over again because its just a terrible section. Hermantown and Moorhead come to mind on that. The difference is that Hermantown wins state too, but Moorhead doesn’t.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

two teams who qualified with records under .500. I don’t remember who the other team is

Monticello is also below .500, which these teams are usually a combo of a weaker section and things coming together at the right time. This happened my Jr year of HS football when we were 2-6 in the regular season, and still made state. We weren’t great team, but just finally figured out everyone’s roll. I think we had about a ten guys play college football on that team.

I couldn’t find it, nor a way to stream it on my TV, so settled for the Gophers BBall and Caps hockey game.

CaptainMusky

This Alex Bump has suddenly burst into the tourney with a hat trick in the first period. Goals on first two shots. Kid is good. Surprised he to find out he’s committed to Vermont. I believe that will be changing between periods. LOL

stout93
    Becker MN

This Alex Bump has suddenly burst into the tourney with a hat trick in the first period. Goals on first two shots. Kid is good. Surprised he to find out he’s committed to Vermont. I believe that will be changing between periods. LOL

Yeah, does someone know the story why Bump is not going to a school in MN?

The guy is a man amongst boys out there…and I’m not even exaggerating.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Surprised he to find out he’s committed to Vermont.

That one kinda surprised me too. The Catamounts could certainly use him though. He’s going to the USHL next season for at least one season.

CaptainMusky

Yeah, does someone know the story why Bump is not going to a school in MN?

The guy is a man amongst boys out there…and I’m not even exaggerating.

Not sure. First time I saw him was the Hockey Day game and I was like this dude is good. Not sure if he just sorta burst on the scene or what, but he is up for Mr Hockey. Vermont was absolutely terrible this year won only 8 games, but had a new coach. I bet he is getting a lot of looks now.

CaptainMusky

Have a game Alex Bump! 4 goals and an assist.

stout93
    Becker MN

Bump with 4 goals and 1 assist against arguably the #1 team in the tourney.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

45 goals is a lot for class AA caliber hockey, especially against the competition Prior Lake is playing regularly.

CaptainMusky

5 goals and an assist. Holy moly what a game!

tswoboda

5 goals and an assist. Holy moly what a game!

Along with 5 texts and a missed call from Motzko after the game.

Rick Z
    Stark MN

Cake eaters fall in the quarters

CaptainMusky

Cake eaters fall in the quarters

Its funny how nearly everyone hates Edina and Hermantown.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

I don’t get the Hermantown hate personally, I love seeing outstate teams dominate, even if it is in class A. No different than when the outstate AA schools have good runs, just Hermantowns has been longer continuously and better than Roseau, Duluth East, Grand Rapids etc.

AK Guy

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>CaptainMusky wrote:</div>

I don’t get the Hermantown hate personally, I love seeing outstate teams dominate, even if it is in class A. No different than when the outstate AA schools have good runs, just Hermantowns has been longer continuously and better than Roseau, Duluth East, Grand Rapids etc.

The hate has to do with success.

I personally root for any out state team.

tswoboda

I don’t get the Hermantown hate personally

Me neither. Doesn’t make sense to me at all. Hating on single A private schools that dominated class A makes sense. But hating on a small outstate public school just because they win too much is weird. I mean no one outside of Roseau hates Warroad, do they?

glenn57
    cold spring mn

Wasn’t it said hermantown took all the good hockey players out of the Duluth area??? Not sure but thought I remember it being an issue.

Viewing 30 posts - 31 through 60 (of 105 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.