To Diesel or not to Diesel?

• gizmoguy
    Crystal,MN

That might be a good reason to buy soon. Many replacement cars & trucks will be needed soon. Demand may drive the price up.

Anyone know if insurance will cover with a hurricane flooded car?

targaman
    Inactive
    Wilton, WI

)

slipbob_nick
    Princeton, MN

Hurricanes already having an affect texas, Mississippi, Arkansas dealers buying at auction in mpls this past week. The cars that flooded most won’t be worth getting back running. Houston area lost more cars than they sell in a year from what I heard.
    Still have heard big rebates coming on new trucks not sure if storms will change that at all.

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

Drive new car rebates and get more money for used on trade in?? woot

We’ll see how it plays out.

slipbob_nick
    Princeton, MN

Very slow week retail wise. Could be back to school and people getting settled in. Dealers should be pretty aggressive on deals right now.

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

Good to know. Going to bank later today to get financing.

Although had an old friend who sold vehicles years ago, said they would often get better deals for those who financed with them bc they made a lil ching that way as well. But if your interest is higher how does it really work out, too much number crunching for me.

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

Good to know. Going to bank later today to get financing.

Although had an old friend who sold vehicles years ago, said they would often get better deals for those who financed with them bc they made a lil ching that way as well. But if your interest is higher how does it really work out, too much number crunching for me.

worked with a guy who used to manage a car lot. Said a good way to get them to negotiate on price was to lead them on that you were going to finance through them and then when it came time to buy inform them that you have your own financing

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

Said a good way to get them to negotiate on price was to lead them on that you were going to finance through them and then when it came time to buy inform them that you have your own financing

I didn’t intentionally do this, but last year, I had a salesman misunderstand me and think I was financing with them. When they asked to run my credit, I told him no, I didn’t need them to. Long story short, the finance guy threw a hissy fit, I nearly walked out on the deal because of his antics, but he came back 15 minutes later and beat the rate that USAA was giving me. )

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

Ralph that’s a really good tip. Find a good rate elsewhere, walk in and if they can beat it great, otherwise you’re still good to go. toast

404 ERROR
    MN

Just bought a used SUV for my wife last week. They were incredibly eager to take her car in on trade (2011 Fusion). In fact, they gave $2,000 over KBB excellent condition…I have no idea how they’ll manage to make a profit on the car being comparable cars are selling at dealers for about what they gave us. My guess is the market for affordable cars being shipped down south is that strong right now! We also got our own financing, so there’s no money for them to be had there, either.

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

Same friend told me the trade in and the new, or newer car price is a pendulum. They give you more for trade, but don’t bring new price down or vice versa. They have a number they’d like to get no matter how they get there.

Not saying you didn’t get a deal, I hope I have the same luck soon.

404 ERROR
    MN

They give you more for trade, but don’t bring new price down or vice versa. They have a number they’d like to get no matter how they get there.

That’s exactly what the salesmen said right to my face. He still came down from the used “no haggle” price of the new vehicle…never ever ever believe the dealer when they say they operate under a “no haggle” price structure!

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

Picked up a Yukon with the 6.2L last Friday, hooked up the boat and cruised around northern Wisconsin for the weekend. I dare say it drives better with the boat than my Tahoe did without it blush

Reiterate the point she has a lil snarl to it. MPG was about the same if not better than the 5.3L towing, city ain’t good so far but that’s to be expected. Hope she mechanically holds up for the long term. 6 speed HD tranny is awesome , way smoother.

guthook1
    Lake Nebagamon Wisconsin

I’m on my third Cummins diesel…the Dodge trucks just came with them.

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>nhamm wrote:</div>
    Picked up a Yukon with the 6.2L last Friday

Pics!

Nothing special really, it’s an 08 with about the same miles as the 05 Tahoe. One owner with complete dealer service record and got traded in for a newer Chevy/gmc so hopefully she’s a good one.

Kids did like the heated rear seats this morning though grin

guthook1
    Lake Nebagamon Wisconsin

I might add this…last Dodge Diesels to not require DEF additive were made in 2012. My latest one is a 2012 and runs great, that’s why I bought it.

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

Kids did like the heated rear seats this morning though

LOL, my Tahoe has them, too, but my kids are still in car seats or boosters. My son claims that he can feel the seat heater through his booster seat.

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

My son claims that he can feel the seat heater through his booster seat.

hah the youngest just said that too this morning! It’s like ok honey got em just for you lol

Viewing 19 posts - 61 through 79 (of 79 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.