Time to buy a Striker Hardwater Suit

• benelli-bob
    Eagan, MN

I know it is a little early but I need to buy a new suit this year sold my old FXE Sno Suit. This time I would like to go Striker Hardwater. Any ideas as to who has product and decent pricing?
    Thanks
    Bob

Justin Laack
    Austin,mn

pro fishing supply comes to mind along with the red rock store up in Ely, pretty sure no big box store has any ice stuff out just yet. With that said I was able to pick mine up at scheels this past year towards the end of the season. Money well spent…

bullcans
    Northfield MN

Bought my Predator jacket and bibs from Dicks Sporting goods (of all places) at a great price. Keep an eye out for them as well.
    Extreeeeeemly happy with the product! waytogo

gonehunting

Not sure why they ever went away from the Frabill FXE Snosuit. Best ice fishing investment I ever made and would buy another in a heartbeat. However the lure of the floating Striker Hardwater is very appealing.

Brennon Nielson

I just ordered my predator bibs and climate gloves from Dick’s Sporting Goods 2 days ago online. Best pricing I could find

Craig Sery
    Bloomington, MN

I currently have a Striker Lite suit and love it, but wish it was a bit warmer and more padding in the knees. I know the predator and hard water will be much warmer but which one has more padding in the knees?

ejdelvo28

You mean the Guardian? I’m not familiar with anything named Lite.

Craig Sery
    Bloomington, MN

The Lite version came out 4 or 5 years ago, it has since been replaced/renamed

smackemup
    North Metro

I bought a predator suit last year, I picked mine up at Joes; the price was very similar to what I saw at Dicks’s. I haven’t had a pair of bibs with padded knees before, but I was very impressed last ice season with the difference it did make, very comfortable

Denny O
    Central IOWA

Striker Ice Climate full suit for me for very cold to moderately cold. Had it just after they first came out, still love it!

Aaron

Just a suggestion here but I would go with the climate over the hardwater, main reason being that you can take out layers. I use my suit for fall, winter, and early spring rather than just the bitter cold winter. Just something to think about.

Nick Cox
    Minnesota

Last year I utilized both the Hardwater Suit and the Climate suit. The Hardwater suit kept me warm, even on the coldest days, just as the Climate Suit. However, if you are looking for one suit to use in a variety of temps – the Climate suit is nice simply for the removable layering system they offer. The Climate Jacket has a removable liner (I wore just the liner most of time) and the Climate Bibs have a removable Bib liner that really adds a ton of warmth. Both suits look very similar, however you will notice the fabric difference between the Climate and the Hardwater.

In the photo below, Brad is wearing the Climate Suit in Red, and I am wearing the Hardwater Suit.

Either way, you can’t go wrong!

Good Luck!
    Nick

Attachments:
    1. Brand-and-Nick.jpg

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

I am going on my second season with my Climate suit….90% of the time I did not use the zip in liner… but boy am I glad I had it on the other 10%.. this stuff is phenomenal at keeping the cold and moisture out and your body heat in !!!

I used to layer up with sometimes two sets of thermals and my Cabelas guide-ware… but no more…

Best cold weather investment ever for this guy !! waytogo

wgorby
    Greenville, Michigan

Striker had a 30% off/free shipping sale this summer…which I took full advantage of. New Hardwater suit hanging in the closet with the tags still on it…..can’t wait to use it. Buddy of mine will be on season 4 with his, they are super warm.

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

makes me wish I didn’t spend $300 on a BPS rain suit last year for fall fishing….. Can you get the bibs in any other color than black? It sure would be nice to have the piece of mind that your suit will keep you afloat if you fall in. that added security would be worth every penny I imagine, and you have the added bonus that its an easy sell to the wife woot applause

Gary Law
    Ohio

I bought my suit from Reeds when on sale & without a doubt the best garment I have ever bought

milemark_714

I currently have a Striker Lite suit and love it, but wish it was a bit warmer and more padding in the knees. I know the predator and hard water will be much warmer but which one has more padding in the knees?

Hardwater suit will have thicker padding in knee area.The hardwater suit seems to have the same material as the original Snosuit.

If you do alot of walking,the Predator suit is a better fit.Sitting in a boat in cold weather,the hardwater suit is the one to get.

Denny O
    Central IOWA

makes me wish I didn’t spend $300 on a BPS rain suit last year for fall fishing….. Can you get the bibs in any other color than black? It sure would be nice to have the piece of mind that your suit will keep you afloat if you fall in. that added security would be worth every penny I imagine, and you have the added bonus that its an easy sell to the wife woot applause

http://www.strikerice.com/bibs/item/7-climate-bib
    Black and like mine the camo brown.
    And they float!

Ed Stern
    Goodhue, MN, Goodhue County,

I bought a Striker Ice jacket (Floating) a few years ago. It cost me $79. I have not seen it for close to that price since. Glen’s ARMYNAVY Store in Grand Rapids has had some good deals in the past. Jackets, Clothing, Ice Augers…….There was another place in the Twin Cities that was very low priced……but I can’t find the name. If I do, I will pass it on.

TheCrappieFisherman
    West Metro

There was another place in the Twin Cities that was very low priced……but I can’t find the name. If I do, I will pass it on.

Was it Korkys? If so they went out of business. They had some Huge sales on Striker gear when shutting down… I should have bought more lol

Jakob
    Keymaster
    Rogers

Hardwater is the best suit I’ve owned. Recommend 1000%.

We fished the IDO get together last year in I think -20 degrees. Had to take my jacket off when in the popup.

Attachments:
    1. received_10154131922068322.jpeg

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

question about these jackets/suits. if I were to just buy the jacket without the bibs would it still keep me afloat if I fell in? Im an average sized guy at 5’9 180

Justin Radel

So I just bought the climate bids and jacket yesterday. The lady said they have to be purchased as a set to keep you afloat.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.