Timberwolves – NBA

• mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Very interesting to hear they pretty much had their new coach under contract before Saunders was let go.

toddrun

Saunders was over matched and being out coached by every coach in the league. He was a feel good hiring, again for business, to sell tickets, but with no regard for winning. That’s what you get. Getting beat by Thib’s with what was supposed to be an inferior team, pretty much is a huge slap in the face, so something had to happen.

Finch is another very good assistant coach, not sure he will make a good head coach. And after so many coaches, not sure KAT is coachable, and not good enough to not be coachable. But maybe it will be good for ANT’s development, so he can be traded away.

Why can’t Taylor just sell out to KG and his investment group and get some passion into this team……Oh, yeah, because Taylor is making money anyways, even with the worst team in the league.

Prediction, with expansion talk, it won’t be long and the Timberwolves will be the talking point of a team on the move.

eyeguy507
    SE MN

If I was Ryan, I would ask to be replaced. Who would want to run this $hitshow? I think Glenn hired him because of the ties with Flip. With that said, Glenn is a terrible owner and needs to sell to someone but he makes money regardless so he will sit and watch his dumsterfire burn.
    Would be a breath of fresh air to see KG’s group run the team but he says he don’t do business with snakes!
    They should have gave Jimmy the money and traded kitty KAT. If only Glenn had listened to me he could have saved himself millions!

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

What makes anybody think KG can be a good owner? Besides he could never cough up $2B.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

I’m just impressed this got to 3 pages of comments! rotflol

toddrun

KG would be a minority owner, he has an investment group that would fit the bill. That said, he would just be the face of the organization, not enough clout to make the big decisions. But he is a win at all cost guy, which would be better than the current make profit at all cost guys.

eyeguy507
    SE MN

It’s the sports abyss this time of year. Once the twins start we can bich about them!

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

Saunders was over matched and being out coached by every coach in the league. He was a feel good hiring, again for business, to sell tickets, but with no regard for winning. That’s what you get. Getting beat by Thib’s with what was supposed to be an inferior team, pretty much is a huge slap in the face, so something had to happen.

Finch is another very good assistant coach, not sure he will make a good head coach. And after so many coaches, not sure KAT is coachable, and not good enough to not be coachable. But maybe it will be good for ANT’s development, so he can be traded away.

Why can’t Taylor just sell out to KG and his investment group and get some passion into this team……Oh, yeah, because Taylor is making money anyways, even with the worst team in the league.

Prediction, with expansion talk, it won’t be long and the Timberwolves will be the talking point of a team on the move.

Seattle will have a team again at some point, as will at least one other city. I don’t see the Wolves moving, but am sure they will be mentioned in the discussions

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Since I’m retired now I suppose I could help them pack. Glad I’m out of town I’m sure talk radio and the internet is blowing up about this big, big development.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>BigWerm wrote:</div>

It’s the sports abyss this time of year. Once the twins start we can bich about them!

Thank god! That thread has been awful quite lately.

eyeguy507
    SE MN

Well he finally did it! Taylor has sold the team to guess who?

ARod and Mark Lore.

Sounds like he turns the keys over in 2 years to the former baseball star and his billionaire partner. About a 50/50 chance the team moves?

Doug M
    SE SD

Is it done deal? I seen they are talking.

Ripjiggen

Just saw scrolling on espn that it is a final deal.

eyeguy507
    SE MN

Did we really need to start a new thread about a sorry azz franchise?

toddrun

I have not seen an official sale notice yet, still in negotiations as far as I have read. $1.5B for a team that holds the franchise lowest win percentage of ANY professional team in history, hmmmm. Taylor is a business man for sure, that’s why the team sucks under his ownership. They can say what they want, but the team will be gone shortly after sale. So be it….

JoeMX1825
    MN

If they get a top 3 pick this draft I’ll give them 1 more year to show me they have finally figured it out and will become relevant in the league, if they somehow lose out on the top3 and have to give the pick to Golden State then I’m done with them.

Top 3 picks in this year’s draft are pretty dang good, especially the top point guard.

Viewing 16 posts - 61 through 76 (of 76 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.