Thread review request

• Captain Live2fish
    Hayfield, MN

Is there anyway the the thread could be reversed so most recent response is first to read. Other way you have to scroll thru it all. Just asking

tomr
    cottage grove, mn

waytogo waytogo I think is a good idea also.

munchy
    NULL

Ugh, that sounds like a headache waiting to happen. Then you’d have to scroll up after each post. The confusion would be enormous.

This forum just needs to be updated and fixed to automatically scroll you to your first unread post. Makes one think that this website has been forgotten about and left to its own devices.

Hot Runr Guy
    West Chicago, IL

just click on this, and it will take you to the last post.

HRG

Attachments:
    1. IDO-thread.jpg

pool2fool
    Inactive
    St. Paul, MN

Yes what HRG said.

Putting newest first would be terrible. Great way for the majority of responses to go unread if you read it that way. And previous responses often make zero sense without the context of the earlier posts.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Thanks HRG, I didn’t know that.

pool2fool
    Inactive
    St. Paul, MN

It’s not a matter of whether it could be changed, or how difficult it would be. Nevermind the the Jquery or the Kquery or the DOM or the SOB. It’s just a bad idea. There’s nothing to fix.

Some threads here go on for 5+ pages. If you read only the most recent post or two, you’re missing the entire discussion and more than likely your response is going to be useless because somebody already said the same thing 2 pages back.

If you can’t be bothered to read a thread before posting then basically you just wanna say what you wanna say and you need a place to say it. We need less of that, not more.

Gone Fishing

pool2fool – did mean to hit nerve. With my professional opinion threads/forums are done both ways. I get your argument. The reply was deleted.

Gone Fishing

*didn’t mean to hit a nerve. (typo fix)

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

You guys actually read the replies before responding?? bow

pool2fool
    Inactive
    St. Paul, MN

You guys actually read the replies before responding?? bow

i’m starting to think i’m the only one. reading is the best. yay

pool2fool – did mean to hit nerve. With my professional opinion threads/forums are done both ways. I get your argument. The reply was deleted.

It’s cool, I’m fiiiine. No nerve hit, I just see this happen all the time when someone obviously hasn’t taken the time to read previous replies before hammering their diatribe out.

sticker
    StillwaterMN/Ottertail county

Thanks HRG, I didn’t know that.

I second that, very helpful, thanks!! waytogo

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.