The Griz

• eyeguy507
    SE MN

Thought I would post a nice piece of the man, myth and legend.
    I know the river rats will appreciate the GOAT of the Sippi.
    I sometimes fish one of his favorite spots on P4. Seen him a few years ago. Still going strong at 83! Good stuff if you haven’t seen it yet!

Cheers Griz!

bullcans
    Northfield MN

That’s a great clip. Thanks for sharing.
    Ran into him a few times in P4 and up at Mill lacs. Definitely can tell who he is from a mile away. Really quiet guy too it seemed.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Talked to him in Frankies booth several times at the sports shows. Nice guy with very little ego.

chuck100
    Platteville,Wi.

Nice video,a true ledgend.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Living proof that you don’t need $40,000 boats, $10,000 worth of electronics or $4,000 worth of tackle in the boat to catch fish.

CBMN
    North Metro

Great video. Thanks for posting eyeguy.

Brad Dimond

Went out with him on Pool 2 this summer, my son came along. we had a good day catching multiple species. Channel cats were the most fun to catch, decent size and fought hard. Lots of conversation, lots of history (fishing, river and how it has changed over the years).

isu22andy

Thank you for sharing . I hope I can learn 1/10 of the knowledge he has someday . Can’t imagine the stuff he’s seen.

shefland
    Walker

quite the fisherman, years ago on Winnie, he would come thru on ravens point in his prov 1775, rip jigging, and put on a clinic one after another, Same on Mille Lacs, didn’t see him rippin there, spinners and minnows, he knows it well

queenswake
    NULL

Part of a special generation responsible for the coming of age of fishing in this state. It’s hard to put into words the importance of these guys and what they have done for fishing.

Out of all of the greats, there is something extra special about him because he’s just an average guy like all of us. If he has any sponsorship, I wouldn’t know it. He’s out there simply fishing and not doing it for the money. I totally agree with one of the snippets from the video that he love’s fishing more than just about anyone.

I’ve also wondered what super genes he has to look as good as he does after being out in the sun day after day.

AK Guy

I like how he wears out his clients.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

That was a very well put together video. I can’t stand frank dusenka but the rest was great. The griz really is the pioneer

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

One of my favorite pics of the Griz. April 6, 2003 WWA Tourney on Pool 4. Back then we called him The “Werewolf of Red Wing” His hair was perfect!

-J

Attachments:
    1. IM000011.jpg

OG Net_Man

Frankie – I have only purchased one boat from Frankies and it was a good experience. I also encountered Frankie on one of my vacations no where near the boat sales world and over the course of a beer or two and a stogie it was nothing other than a pleasant experience.

Griz – I never fished with the Griz but one time I chatted with him and Larry Bollig for about a hour and half during a slow time at a boat show. Just this conversation alone was worth the price of admission. I had to chuckle watching this video when they discussed the lack of the Griz to wear a hat even when it was cold out. Most of us envy his fish catching skills but his tolerance for the cold was a close second for me.

isu22andy

How booked out is the griz usually ? Wouldn’t mind spending a day in the boat with him and learning a few things .

B-man

The man is a legend, other personalities might be more well known through TV/Radio, but the Griz is on a whole other level.

I loved the clip about him fishing 60 days, with a single off day half way in….and he wanted to go fishing mrgreen

10klakes

Great video.
    Truly the definition of “The Man, the myth, the legend”.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.