Well I did it again!

• riveratt
    Central Wisconsin US-of-A

I bought another gun. Well actually in a round about way two. Wife and I went to town this afternoon to get our driver licenses renewed and I wanted to stop and check out a new gun shop we’d spied a few months ago. My intentions were to check out a Springfield Armory 1911 that my buddy had just purchased. Nice gun shop for sure and they have a nice selection of new and used guns. The 1911 was sold out and I didn’t want to bother the guy and ask to see my buddies gun (he hasn’t picked it up yet) so we chatted awhile. The guy is real low key for a gun shop guy and after chatting a bit I noted he was carrying a GLOCK 30. Maybe not strange at all to a lot of folks but here in Wisconsin I was rather surprised. We chatted about it a bit and while doing so something was tugging at my left peripheral. Finally I looked and thought I caught a glimpse of an Ugly Gun. A few steps over and tucked in between two Brownings there it was tucked away almost as if to take the edge off its ungodliness. A brand new Hi-Point 995! WTF? A gun shop with an attached jewelery store that sells GLOCKS, SA’s, Rugers, and Hi-Points? Heck I looked and even found a few NIB pistols so this guy is bona fide!

I asked him about it sort of casually and he smiled a little bit, shook his head, and started to tell me about (I referred to it as “you have an Ugly Gun?) the 995 in a defending manner. Too cool! He said a buddy of his showed up at the range one day and had one. His initial thought was of skepticism but he agreed to shoot it once. Several boxes of ammo later and he went to the shop to figure out how he can become a distributor. I was sold! This guy found out like we all did about that brand that they are indeed more than worthy and fun to shoot. How cool is that? A gun shop owner selling the benefits of an Ugly Gun!

I asked him the price and he said $175. How much for a 4095 I says. Same price he said. The 995 on the shelf was the last he had in stock. “Well sir I like your style” I said and asked if he had a lay away plan. Moments later I was signing the paperwork and paying some $$ down on it and will be waiting for a call when the 4095 comes in. While I really wanted to bring the gun home right away I knew there was a set of eyeballs on me the whole time and I figured I better be judicious with the funds until after Christmas. But after paying some money down and telling my new pal I’d like a 4095 as well (and not getting jabbed in the ribs) I figured I had official permission.

Not a good picture but the gun shop dude took it so I could send it to my buddy that has his 1911 there. Ain’t no way I can let him get away with buying a gun there on his first visit without me outdoing him.

The best thing is I beat Obiden and his cronies to it! These are at the top of their ban list because of the Columbine shooting in which the CRIMINALS used a Hi-Point carbine. (The whole time we were at the shop not once did that 995 attempt to shoot me!

I told you that thing is UGLY! And the gun isn’t much better!

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

Interesting. I have not seen one. Is that a 9mm?

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

Oh, I see…4095=.40 cal and 995=9mm.

Pretty cool! Price looks good for a “Grip and Rip” gun!

mossydan
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Ugly or tucked away? I think not, pretty cool!

riveratt

I’m not familiar with the grip and rip term but it sounds funny. Yeah the one I have on lay away is a 9mm and the next is a 40 S&W. I really want the 4595 but they are not in production yet!

adamgdunn
    Iowa

A buddy of mine had or maybe still has one of those. They are great fun! I would have to go with the 995 just because that blamo is cheaper. Have fun with her!!! By the way watch your back when you take it home you never know when it might jump out of the case adn try to off you.

riveratt

Quote:

By the way watch your back when you take it home you never know when it might jump out of the case adn try to off you.

I’ve heard they are dangerous, that is why I bought two. The second one is to use as protection from the first one, lol.

I want all three but will rarely shoot any of them I suspect. The more I have the less the gun grabbers can keep me from getting.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.