Taxidermy recommendations

• bowtecmike
    Zimmerman mn

My 9 yr old son was able to boat a giant up at lac suel 2 weeks ago came in at 32.75” and 12.4 lbs. after a lengthy attempt and reviving and releasing this fish it unfortunately didn’t make it so instead of a replica we are mounting the actual fish. Looking for a great taxidermist cost doesn’t matter on this one. It was a 3 generation grandson dad and grandpa trip and I want this fish to look good and last a longtime! Thanks for any feedback! I’m located in north branch willing to drive 2 hours for the right taxidermist.

Attachments:
    1. 7A869247-5323-4A10-A197-4F8ACDF5D18E.jpeg

2. 2D2C2CDA-1B06-476B-B055-7CD95419D36D.jpeg

Ryan Kierstead of Dreamcatcher Taxidermy in Eau Claire does fantastic work. He’s done both of my walleye mounts (replica) but his skin mounts are very impressive as well. Second option would be Scott Miller in Prescott. Scotts a magician with skin mounts.

Justin riegel

Ryan Kierstead of Dreamcatcher Taxidermy in Eau Claire does fantastic work. He’s done both of my walleye mounts (replica) but his skin mounts are very impressive as well. Second option would be Scott Miller in Prescott. Scotts a magician with skin mounts.

My buddy got a 32 from st croix done by scott and it turned out awesome.

moustachesteve
    Twin Cities

Wow that’s an awesome fish and an awesome moment to share with your son and his grandpa!

tbro16
    Inactive
    St Paul

That is so freakin cool. Congrats to you, your dad, and of course your son for being able to experience a moment like that! I’d be getting that picture blown up and tossed in a frame as well. Would make for a great late fathers day gift! Really, really cool!

Kevin
    Duluth, MN

Heck yeah! Great fish and an awesome picture!

buschman
    Pool 2

I would 3rd Scott Miller. He is not only good at the mount but world class artist. His paint work is top notch. I have a Walleye and Smallmouth from Scott and have not second thoughts. Both are perfect!! and I am picky. He is also a wood carver. Petty cool when you walk into the shop! He is getting old and not sure how much longer he will be doing this so would talk to him sooner than later and make sure you have the fish wrapped correct in the freezer. He will let you know what is best if it is not done already.

404 ERROR
    MN

Scott Miller does amazing work on fish and even better waterfowl. Just picked up two Goldeneyes from him last week. Super nice guy.

fishmantim

If anyone knows The Wild Side Taxidermy tell him I’d like a return phone call, text or email..been a couple years..hope he’s done. Hate to think something bad happened to him.seemed like a good guy.

bowtecmike
    Zimmerman mn

Thank you for the feedback I’ll be contacting Scott to see if he will do it.

mxskeeter
    SW Wisconsin

Great fish. What memories your son will have.

Tom Anastasi

White Bear taxidermy

They were very receptive to how I wanted my fish to look, and tried to preserve the find and marks that the fish already had.

Often times I see a lot of mounts that look nothing like the picture of the fish.

Just my 4 cents!

Dan

John’s taxidermy in hastings does great work

David Blais

I just called down and talked to Scott. What a great guy. Hopefully I can connect with him Saturday to drop my fish off

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.