Taurus, The Judge

• sticker
    StillwaterMN/Ottertail county

Anyone have one of these or shoot one? I am looking into getting one and looking for some reviews.

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

I know a few guys that have them. Most of them regret the purchase, not based off of not liking the gun, it’s just that they are kind of useless. If you’re just looking for an interesting piece for fun shooting, they seem like a decent gun, but they don’t serve much of a purpose.

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Dad has one. He bought it to carry when on the tractor around the place to pester the varmints. Needless to say, after the initial shine rubbed off, it hasn’t seen the light of day since.

The .410 cartridges are almost worthless. I couldnt’ hit a gallon milk jug at 20 paces. Now the 45 LC was accurate as all get out at that same range. But to be honest, it’s not that fun to plink with a 45.

Sorry to be negative, but I would not purchase one.

sticker

No problem on the negativity, that is exactly why I asked. I want true to life feedback. thanks much guys!!

Dave Ansell
    Rushford, MN

My Dad had always wanted one of these – as much as a novelty as anything else – but was more or less talked out of buying it for the same reasons sited by Ralph and Kooty.

I have held one but have never personally fired one.

Dave

sticker

Just watched a pretty cool video on this gun. Go to youtube and type in “hichock45 the judge”. Pretty impressive what this gun can do at 7 yards and less.

flatfish
    Rochester, MN

A very good friend of mine owns two of them. He has a short one, and a long one.
    I could shoot both equally well, but IMHO, they sucked beyond 7 yards with the .410 3 or 4 pellets and 000 buckshot. I could hit the paper plates out to 18-20 yards, but nothing that anyone one would call a tight group!
    Novelty weapon for sure. If you got the $$’s, fine. But if your looking for CC, I’d go another route…. sorry (

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.