Superbowl Pick

• Dan
    Southeast MN

It’s a playoffs-only rule that they put in place last year, but in the regular season it’s still game over if someone scores a TD on their first possession of OT. And I agree with you, I think that needs to change.

MX1825

Romo is a little too windy but I like him. I can’t think of anyone I would prefer.

A good game to watch but a little sloppy with fumbles, int, muffed punt.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

t’s a playoffs-only rule that they put in place last year, but in the regular season it’s still game over if someone scores a TD on their first possession of OT. And I agree with you, I think that needs to change.

Kind of what I thought. I was just not sure if it was the whole playoffs or just the superbowl where they used this format. Hope they change the regular season to this as well.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Now if she would come down out of her suite during halftime and join the show have a wardrobe malfunction that would be something!

-J.

JJ, I’m not sure you are aware, but my boobs are larger then her’s.
    Please don’t ask me to prove it.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Chiefs ML (I believe that is in the +110 to +130? range) for $100. Or Chiefs ML and under 47.5 parlay if that ups the win significantly.

Sometimes I get it right and wish I was a betting man! whistling rotflol

Great game, with some exceptional defense early and Mahomes doing Mahomes things down the stretch. Shanahan has been the wunderkind for a decade+ now, and really doesn’t have much to show for it. OC of the 28-3 collapse, and last night felt like they should have had 21-28 points in the first half. That was when the game was lost imo.

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

Kind of what I thought. I was just not sure if it was the whole playoffs or just the superbowl where they used this format. Hope they change the regular season to this as well.

Just the opposite here. Regular season games can end in a tie. Last night’s game tickling the 5 hour mark was ridiculous.

-J.

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

JJ, I’m not sure you are aware, but my boobs are larger then her’s.
    Please don’t ask me to prove it.

TMI, TMI,TMI doah

-J.

Deuces

Muffed punt return wasn’t a muff until he decided not to fall on the ball. Taught that in peewees!

Pretty sure Taylor got thrown over a house last night lol. The FG loves this commercial, don’t watch if you have muscle insecurities doah

Ripjiggen

Thought the game was very entertaining. Great D the first half and a bit of a chess match. Then it opened up a little bit in the second. Need to get up multiple scores on Mahomes or he is going to make a play at the end.

Halftime show was good.
    Some good commercials as well.

Overall it was a fun SB to watch.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Just the opposite here. Regular season games can end in a tie. Last night’s game tickling the 5 hour mark was ridiculous.

That 5 Hr. mark had far more to do with other factors than the New Overtime rule. Many more commercials and a much longer Half time really was most of the extra time I believe

slough

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Jon Jordan wrote:</div>

That 5 Hr. mark had far more to do with other factors than the New Overtime rule. Many more commercials and a much longer Half time really was most of the extra time I believe

Judging by my dvr it was about 4:10 from kickoff to the end of the game. Considering the halftime is 20-30 minutes longer than normal and it went almost a full OT period, really not much longer than a normal game. The pregame stuff was definitely long, but it’s the super bowl I guess so expected.

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

New rule makes a long game longer. Not a fan of making it for regular season games. Take a note from the MLB. Make the game shorter, not longer. Just my opinion.

-J.

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

Another opinion. Don’t call a couple drunk shirtless dudes “Streakers”. They are sht head wanna bees. At least my generation actually knew how to do it right! moon

-J.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

At least my generation actually knew how to do it right!

Damn Straight!

ThunderLund78

Special Teams play on both sides was a big factor in that game. Long FGs (two record breakers), unbelievable punt coverage and game-changing plays – IE the KC recovery of the punt that bounced off the blockers foot…

big_g
    Isle, MN

Muffed punt return wasn’t a muff until he decided not to fall on the ball. Taught that in peewees!

A muffed punt is receiving team… touching the ball but not securing possession… on purpose or accidently.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

New rule makes a long game longer. Not a fan of making it for regular season games. Take a note from the MLB. Make the game shorter, not longer. Just my opinion.
    -J.

As the saying goes. Ties are like kissing you sister. I want a winner at the end of a game and I think giving both teams a chance at a possession is the fair way to do it.
    Unlike Baseballs 162 game season the NFL season is only 17 games long. I can live with a extra 1/2 hr added to a game maybe once a season at most.
    Just My opinion

Jimmy Jones

Another opinion. Don’t call a couple drunk shirtless dudes “Streakers”. They are sht head wanna bees. At least my generation actually knew how to do it right! moon

-J.

Ta-Da….winner.

1hl&sinker
    On the St.Croix

Anybody got a count on how many times Swifty was showed?
    Our group Got thrown out of one bar of a nickname given. Everyone got a shot of Patrone if recited that nickname when showed. GOT! Spendy. But way better than the numbers game.

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

^ applause That’s great Deices

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Here are the odds for the top 8 teams to win the Super Bowl next season.

Not really a surprise. The only team on this list that missed the playoffs this season were the Bengals.

49ers 5-1
    Chiefs 7-1
    Ravens 8-1
    Bills, Lions 12-1
    Bengals 14-1
    Cowboys, Eagles 16-1

The two teams with the worst odds are:

Patriots, Panthers 250-1

CaptainMusky

Anybody got a count on how many times Swifty was showed?

I believe someone already posted it here that it was 12 times.

big_g
    Isle, MN

I heard it was 12 times “during” the game and 14 total.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Here are the odds for the top 8 teams to win the Super Bowl next season.

Not really a surprise. The only team on this list that missed the playoffs this season were the Bengals.

49ers 5-1
    Chiefs 7-1
    Ravens 8-1
    Bills, Lions 12-1
    Bengals 14-1
    Cowboys, Eagles 16-1

The two teams with the worst odds are:

Patriots, Panthers 250-1

Still no love for KC. They are back to back champs and still not the Favorite for next year. I guess they will have to have a 3 peat to get some respect.
    I see the Vikings are like 40-1. Personally I think they should be higher than that.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

I see the Vikings are like 40-1.

The Bears and Vikings were both 40-1. The Packers are 25-1.

I don’t quite understand why KC wouldn’t have the highest odds either, but apparently even after winning the Super Bowl, the oddsmakers still think the 49ers are in a better position to win.

Ripjiggen

Because the odds of winning 3 in a row is low. Been done how many times?

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

jester

Attachments:
    1. SB-meme.jpg

BigWerm
    SW Metro

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

0 Times
    Back to Back has been done 9 times. Pittsburg is the only team to have done back to back twice I believe.

Viewing 30 posts - 91 through 120 (of 120 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.