Superbowl Pick

• Deuces

I don’t watch alot of football, correct me if I’m wrong here but heck of a game. Defense is great to watch, both teams were on it. Pass plays both sides were pretty interrupted. Both coaches had some great calls when needed. Specialty team play was critical, those FGs were clutch, long FGs. One missed extra point changed alot. The run with the 49ers just pounding it all game long had KC D tired but they still managed to get er done. Ref calls were fair.

Good entertainment for a Sunday evening. toast

Bass Pundit
    8m S. of Platte/Sullivan Lakes, Minnesocold

9ers coach lost it because he didn’t ride McCaffery and Deebo enough. Way too much Purdy dropping back. He outsmarted himself.

The Chief’s recovery of the punt was the key to the game. Without getting that freebee TD to take the lead. I don’t think the Chiefs ever would have. The scoring drive that SF went on after the Chief’s score is what was what was going to happen if the fumbled punt didn’t happen.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Great game to watch. I have to say, I was wrong about Purdue. He handled the pressure of the big game real well. If he and the 49ers had been facing anyone else other than KC and Mahomes I think they would have got the win. I think I saw that there’s only been like 6 or 7 FG’s of 50 yards or longer in Super Bowl history and 3 of them were kicked in this game, including the 2 longest ones. You can’t say that KC didn’t earn it, they beat some really good teams to get to this game and another really good team in this one.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

I wasn’t real entertained in the first half. The second half was better. I also thought that punt which KC recovered on the 10 yd line and then subsequently scored on the very next play was the turning point. And I’m slightly surprised that KC didn’t win in regulation with 9 seconds left.

Halftime show…I rarely watch them. That’s my time to use the men’s room, let the dog out, and refill a beverage. I’m in it to watch the actual game.

Anyone else slightly annoyed by Tony Romo’s commentating? He sure loves to talk. Sometimes he goes rogue and just keeps talking when the next play is starting which doesn’t give Nantz any time to announce properly. They were just talking about it on KFAN and ripping into him about it. Leber said “just shut up Tony, please, just shut the F up.” lol

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

I thought both teams executed quite poorly for the most part especially in the first half. Turned into a good game though

Romo is a terrible announcer

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

KFAN was ripping Romo? They really need to look in a mirror.

FTR – I like Romo’s commenting.

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

I was right! Tayler Swift won the Superbowl.
    I did lose my bet. She was only on 12 times for 53 seconds total.

Attachments:
    1. Madden2025.jpg

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Romo is a terrible announcer

He’s actually the analyst/commentator. Jim Nantz is the announcer.

I don’t think he’s terrible. Former players often are solid commentators, but he just rambles and goes on for too long after the play. Its gotten to be so bad that he is literally interrupting Nantz from doing his job.

big_g
    Isle, MN

49ers gave it away. The muffed punt and then, in OT.. they go down the field on McCaffrey’s back, you can clearly see he is winded. They have timeouts in their pocket.. Kittle comes out of the locker room and wants in… they are inside the 5… you can see McCaffrey is gassed and Kittle is on the sideline. A timeout for McCaffrey to get some air and get Kittle in and your TD chances go up… poor management there. Kind of a snoozer the first half… whoever had 2-5 for numbers was happy for once !!! waytogo

Jake D
    Watertown, SD

If you didn’t illegally download the halftime show songs on limewire back in the day; you do not get an input on the halftime show

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

The muffed punt

It wasn’t a muffed punt. It hit a 49er player in the foot on the way down and the punt receiver then had to try and recover it. A muffed punt is when the punt returner fails to make a catch. Really no one’s fault. Certainly not the kick/punt returner.

I do agree that was a critical turning point in the game though.

Dan
    Southeast MN

I don’t mind Romo either. I admit that he definitely talks a ton and doesn’t let some moments breathe like they should. But as a former player he really, really knows his stuff. He pretty much narrated the theme all first half about SF keeping their defensive ends on outside contain and what that did to Mahomes. And on the last play I swear when the ball was snapped he knew right where it was going (SF should have been ready for that anyway because the Chiefs set the Eagles up all game last year for that and ran pretty much the same play against them).

I enjoy Romo’s knowledge and the assignments or actions taken by guys on the field I wouldn’t have even been thinking about, he’s just not very polished on working in tandem in a booth with the announcer.

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

I thought both teams executed quite poorly for the most part especially in the first half.

Depends how you look at it. The DB play on both teams was stellar. Glad the refs let them play!

-J.

big_g
    Isle, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>big_g wrote:</div>
    The muffed punt

It wasn’t a muffed punt. It hit a 49er player in the foot on the way down and the punt receiver then had to try and recover it. A muffed punt is when the punt returner fails to make a catch. Really no one’s fault. Certainly not the kick/punt returner.

I do agree that was a critical turning point in the game though.

What happened is defined as a muff. When a player touches the ball — but does not gain possession — he is said to have muffed the football. By rule, a muff can be recovered by the opposing team, but not advanced. This could happen in many different ways. Say the returner just drops the ball. That’s a muff, and cannot be advanced. The entire key to the equation is possession.

big_g
    Isle, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>crappie55369 wrote:</div>
    I thought both teams executed quite poorly for the most part especially in the first half.

Depends how you look at it. The DB play on both teams was stellar. Glad the refs let them play!

-J.

Looks like you cashed in and I owe you a HIGH LIFE ! toast

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

Also got the 0-0 first quarter number!

-J.

OG Net_Man

Hopefully you looked up this stat and did not keep track yourself. grin

I think I regurgitated a little beverage and snacks each time they showed her. No, my lack of getting giddy every time they showed her during a Chiefs game is not political. For me it is some what like mixing beer and Mulvaney.

Watching the halftime show just reminded me why I normally skip the half time show.

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

Hopefully you looked up this stat and did not keep track yourself.

I had an idea. There was a young girl at the super bowl party I was at that got so excited every time she popped up. Something about a drinking game. Glad I didn’t play. I did look it up.

Dan
    Southeast MN

Those were my thoughts. Nick Bosa was shown repeatedly keeping outside contain against Mahomes, even at times where maybe an inside move would have gotten him to the QB, but he kept that outside contain which led to Mahomes having to stay inside and getting pressured more. Fun watching that textbook stuff.

Low scoring is usually the result of either A) poor offensive execution and sloppy play or B) defense executing their game plan very well. I thought it was B.

So with both defenses playing well and not giving up much, it made the first half seem much more urgent for scoring. Yes, that 55-yarder from SF early on (besides setting a new SB record) was huge, but when points were so hard to come by it made the kick and achieving 3 points seem that much of a bigger deal.

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

Why did KC let the clock wind down to 3 seconds on the final play? They had several timeouts and mahomes got a 1st down with 16 seconds left in the game. Why not call a timeout and have a chance to go for the end zone multiple times? Instead they let the clock go down to 3 seconds and if he doesn’t make that catch their only option is to tie with a FG

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Why did KC let the clock wind down to 3 seconds on the final play?

Are you referring to the end of regulation? They did go for the endzone at that point. They had 16 seconds left but only 1 timeout. They tried to make a play twice and then decided that 6 seconds wasn’t enough to try for another one.

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

We don’t know who won the Super Bowl yet, the TV ratings and commercial awards haven’t been announced yet.

Taylor Swift and the NFL’s revenue sharing plan are both waiting for the big result. Did they push it across the 18.1 million viewer threshold that would set an all-time record? This is serious, billionaires livelihoods are at stake here.

There is a clear loser, however. Usher pretty clearly caved in under the pressure of the Big Game. The game was his to lose and he did so.

And there was some football being played, blah blah, whatever. This is the Superbowl, what does football have to do with it?

3Rivers

Why did KC let the clock wind down to 3 seconds on the final play? They had several timeouts and mahomes got a 1st down with 16 seconds left in the game. Why not call a timeout and have a chance to go for the end zone multiple times? Instead they let the clock go down to 3 seconds and if he doesn’t make that catch their only option is to tie with a FG

That was 3 seconds left of the 1st quarter of OT, if time ran out, they just march down to the other end of the field and start the 2nd quarter. Confusing new rules for sure and I actually think SF gave the game away by choosing to receive. That was the biggest blunder of the game. The new rules mirror college games now and of the last 328 college games that went into overtime only 4 times have they chosen to receive. It’s a HUGE disadvantage to receive. He won’t admit it, but I’m sure Shanahan would like to have that one back.

tswoboda

I actually think SF gave the game away by choosing to receive. That was the biggest blunder of the game. The new rules mirror college games now and of the last 328 college games that went into overtime only 4 times have they chosen to receive. It’s a HUGE disadvantage to receive. He won’t admit it, but I’m sure Shanahan would like to have that one back.

You still gotta take the ball in OT. It’s not the same as CFB, both teams are guaranteed only 1 possession and then it goes to sudden to death. If KC kicks a field goal to tie then SF would have had the chance to win it with just a FG on the 3rd possession.

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

That was 3 seconds left of the 1st quarter of OT, if time ran out, they just march down to the other end of the field and start the 2nd quarter. Confusing new rules for sure and I actually think SF gave the game away by choosing to receive. That was the biggest blunder of the game. The new rules mirror college games now and of the last 328 college games that went into overtime only 4 times have they chosen to receive. It’s a HUGE disadvantage to receive. He won’t admit it, but I’m sure Shanahan would like to have that one back.

Hmmm ok. I guess I didn’t know that. Sounds like many of the players didn’t either based off of the reports I’m reading lol

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

X2 on both. This is the Way the Ref’s should preform in every game.

SF needed to capitalize on KC’s slow start in the 1st half. KC has always been a great 2nd half team in big games. It was a gave of two half’s. SF was the better team by a long shot in the 1st half and KC was better by a fair amount in the 2nd. Like him or hate him. Anyone that doesn’t think Mahomes is one of the greatest QB’s doesn’t know football. Rather he will have the long Career that some of the Greatest QB’s had or not is still to be determined, but at this point he is ahead of schedule to become the GOAT

big_g
    Isle, MN

I think SF gave it away when they went down the field in OT on McCaffrey’s back… and then didn’t call timeout, to give him a breather and get Kittle back in. McCaffrey was sweating almost as much as Usher during the halftime show… crazy

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Our group was going to take a shot of fireball every time they showed Taylor Swift. I’m sure glad we decided against that plan. I don’t think I’d be able to be here this morning if we keep to that one.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

I like the overtime rules for OT in this game. I think that’s the same rules they should use in the Regular season. They made a partial step in the right direction when them changed it from the 1st team to score wins to If the 1st team to possess the ball only gets a FG the other team gets a chance to match the FG to extend the OT or gets a TD a chance to win. To me both teams should always get a chance to possess the ball no matter what happens on the 1st possession in OT. That’s the Rule used yesterday. ? is it just that way for the Superbowl or for all of the playoffs now?

riverbassman

Romo is a good announcer however, he oversteps his bounds on trying to tell the play before it actually happens. He takes away a lot of what Nantz is there to talk about. If you listen to the last 1 minute of overtime and right after the win, Romo wouldn’t let Nantz speak.
    Halftime Show? Not my cup of tea for most part but Luda and Lil John brought it to life as did Alicia Keys as it started out stale and boring IMP they saved it. Not my Genre but it was OK to watch. I dont hate something just because its not my thing! Reminds me of when Bruno Mars did it 1st time. He was so good, i actually became a fan.

Viewing 30 posts - 61 through 90 (of 120 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.