Suggested pole mount for Garmin livescope

• riverbottoms

Who makes a great pole mount for Garmin live scope? I’m not interested building my own mount.

Matt L
    Twin Cities

Try it on your trolling motor first if you haven’t yet. It seems like a pretty good split, but I can fish faster with it on the trolling motor. Yes, spot lock doesn’t allow you to see them eat every time, but if you know the fish is there, you know how to fish, just fish. I bought Livescope the week it came out 3 years ago, and the 5 people who own boats and fish with me, all have it on their boats now, and all are on the trolling motor after seeing the speed of fishing with it there, vs a pole. Some like the pole and that’s ok too! Hope this helps.

riverbottoms

I planned on using my live scope on open water mainly for crappie fishing is why I was asking about a pole mount. Thanks Corey, I’ll check out Summit’s site. Matt I’ll probably give it a try on my trolling motor before ordering a pole mount. Thanks again for you input.

Dean Marshall
    Chippewa Falls WI /Ramsey MN

I know several folks using this one… I know there are others as well. The muti mount option of rail or trax is a nice option.

Brewcity CT 360 pole mount

Brew City CT 360 Pole Mount with Rail Base

to_setter
    Stone Lake, WI

I bought the traxtech mount. Not cheap, but like all their other stuff, it’s built like a tank.

empty_stringer
    Wahkon, Mn

2nd the traxtech pole, very sturdy. Able to lift, rotate, and stow for runs quickly.

JoeMX1825
    MN

I just use dual RAM clamp mounts connected with a 3” Arm, 1 clamps to my boat rail, the other to the Summit pole…easy, portable and cheap.. I dont expect to troll with it, so it should be plenty strong enough to keep it still when casting spots and bays.

I also have a RAM ball socket mounted on the front of my dock to use it with as well (pictured)

Attachments:
    1. 5C77FBB1-2F85-47BB-AD28-86B73EA613AD.jpeg

mojogunter

I have the brew city mount. It works well. I talked to the owner about what I needed and he made the pole a two piece so it would fit in a side compartment when I am not using it.

Netguy
    Minnetonka

Brewcity CT 360 pole mount

X3

It is really nice. Tim suggested a Cisco 45 degree mount for my Lund. He ordered the mount, tapped the holes and attached his pole mount to it. Of course I paid for this, but he said tapping would be stronger than the nuts and bolts I would have used.

mojogunter

They are strong enough to not break off when someone wasn’t paying attention and drifted over a wingdam. Although I can’t imagine at 10mph that livescope would work well at all. Just a guess but moving fast and the ducer sideways seems like there would be bubbles or turbulence causing a lot of interference. One thing you better have the clamp really tight or I think the pin to pivot it up out of the water would break off.

Netguy
    Minnetonka

Anybody have an idea how fast you can drive around with this in the down position?

I recently asked Tim again because I forgot. He said max recommended speed is 5 mph.

Matt Moen
    South Minneapolis

Does the Brew City version have an option to use it for ice?

Netguy
    Minnetonka

Does the Brew City version have an option to use it for ice?

Not that I know of but I’m sure someone could figure something out.

Gary

I just use dual RAM clamp mounts connected with a 3” Arm, 1 clamps to my boat rail, the other to the Summit pole…easy, portable and cheap.. I dont expect to troll with it, so it should be plenty strong enough to keep it still when casting spots and bays.

I also have a RAM ball socket mounted on the front of my dock to use it with as well (pictured)

Agree 100% with Joel.
    This is the best dual purpose set up for ice and open water.

https://www.rammount.com/part/RAP-400U

Take the tripod off of your summit pole and flip the little keeper piece around the other way. Put the ram claw under it and spin away.

Get a double socket arm and you can mount to your boat or the plastic handle for your ice mount.

Put a bulleye level on top of your summit pole.

Makes moving around and setting up easier and faster without the tripod and hooked to your ice shuttle

BrianF

Gary, I’m interested in what you’re describing for the ice set-up with the Summit/RAM mounts, but not clear about how they are attached. Would a picture of that be possible?

JoeMX1825
    MN

Here’s my Summit pole/RAM rail mount boat setup, I also have a RAM ball installed on the front of my dock for using it there as well. To me it’s all about mount flexibility (put it on a side rail for vertical scanning/jigging or the front rail for shoreline forward/perspective scanning/casting) simply unscrew it a bit and move it to different spots of your boat.

Now I will say it can wiggle loose in heavy waves or fast trolling motor speeds, but you just crank it back down…I’ve also thought of installing a secured rail mount ball, but sofar this setup works fine for me.

Attachments:
    1. 27FBA9A5-F8FB-4B57-B964-933956A48BC8-scaled.jpeg

2. EDE7CFB8-939F-4EBA-9EE3-8AD13899F155-scaled.jpeg

Gary

Gary, I’m interested in what you’re describing for the ice set-up with the Summit/RAM mounts, but not clear about how they are attached. Would a picture of that be possible?

Same as Joe except use b sockets and b long arm. Smaller and more lightweight.

Screw the b socket into the plastic carrying handle of your shuttle.

Glue a bullseye level on top of pole

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

I picked up a summit but thinking about it I have a difficult time understanding why Garmin would have highly trained engineers designing a product like livescope then having a 3rd grader design the pole.

Gary

I picked up a summit but thinking about it I have a difficult time understanding why Garmin would have highly trained engineers designing a product like livescope then having a 3rd grader design the pole.

I’ve thought about that as well. I’ve come to the conclusion they do not live in a northern climate and have no idea what ice is

ted-merdan

How are folks storing these when not in use? I have the brew city mount and Am looking to have mine mounted horizontally when driving but struggling to find the correct mounting option. Suggestions???

Netguy
    Minnetonka

I wrap the transducer in a towel and lay the Brew City mount on the floor of my boat. I also hook up the charger for the LiveScope and my onboard charger and run an extension cord to the splashwell. I cover my boat when traveling longer distances and just plug it in when I get home.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Update – so the ram claw isn’t strong enough to hold onto the rail mount (it slides). So I switched to these mounted to the rail mounts instead, much better!

RAM RAM-B-408-75-1U Torque Base w/1″ Ball for 3/4″ – 1″ Diameter Handlebar/Rail

JoeMX1825
    MN

That looks like a nice mount, my setup requires alot of flexibility as I switch from my boat rails, to my dock in the summer, to ice fishing in the winter. With 1 ram claw and a 3” ram arm I can quickly and easily use all 3.

Matt Moen
    South Minneapolis

Hmmmm….I have a the claw mount on the way. My Summit setup is ready except for the rail mount.

Does anyone know if Ram make a ball that fits into their standard rail mounts for rod holders? That would be ideal for my setup.

A ball mount that fits in one of these?

Attachments:
    1. RAM-114BMU.jpg

Gary

I don’t think Ram does. The claw works okay for using with the pole.

It’s not strong enough for the rail at any type of speed though.

Scotty makes a 1.5 ball for the rod holders no 169 but have been in back order for a long time.

That summit boat mount for $45 is a good deal though. Just buy your own arms and rail mounts.

Trick is to get a super tight mount from a rail or whatever is on the boat side.

If you ice fish the summit is hard to beat for both summer and winter applications

Matt Moen
    South Minneapolis

I talked to Ram the other day and they gave me a few suggestions, including what Joe is doing. I have a few parts coming and I should be able to make it work. I’ll post pics when I get it all setup.

The hardest part about this whole deal is going to be fishing the transducer cord back through the gunnel!

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Anybody have a better idea for a pontoon?
    This isn’t the ideal situation especially when I forget to pull it in before moving. doah

Attachments:
    1. Not-so-good-scaled.jpg

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 52 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.