Stump blinds

• Coletrain27

Anyone have one? Looking at possibly getting one for me and my son to sit in. I’ve hunted out of the stump 4 once and it was very nice and plenty big. Wondering if anyone has any experience with the stump 2 or 3? Also would be open to other brands if they are good quality like the stumps. Would like to put it on a wood stand about 8’ off the ground

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

My Father has one. It’s 7 years old. It’s a one man model. He has it on a 5 foot wood platform. He bought it because he’s old and doesn’t like getting cold anymore lol. He has carpet, a heater, and a 360 degree swivel chair in it.

I’ve sat it once, and didn’t care for it. My ability to hear, see, and shoot was greatly limited compared to an open air stand.

They can also get quite steamy in there on a sunny, warm day. If you plan to only use it in November it would probably be fine. In October, not so much. You’ll roast in there like a cat on a tin roof.

carver
    West Metro

I have a stump 3. Huge for one person with a heater. I can put my feet up on another chair and relax. I have mine about 7 ft high and it’s fine. We brush up the legs and spray black lines on the stump itself.

If you’re only hunting by yourself then a stump 2 is fine. I would get the platform that extends off stump to stand on.

Redneck blinds are great but spendy.

Coletrain27

My Father has one. It’s 7 years old. It’s a one man model. He has it on a 5 foot wood platform. He bought it because he’s old and doesn’t like getting cold anymore lol. He has carpet, a heater, and a 360 degree swivel chair in it.

I’ve sat it once, and didn’t care for it. My ability to hear, see, and shoot was greatly limited compared to an open air stand.

They can also get quite steamy in there on a sunny, warm day. If you plan to only use it in November it would probably be fine. In October, not so much. You’ll roast in there like a cat on a tin roof.

It would be used in November only. The newer ones seem to have a better window layout for shooting I think. I don’t believe they make the 1 person model anymore

Coletrain27

I have a stump 3. Huge for one person with a heater. I can put my feet up on another chair and relax. I have mine about 7 ft high and it’s fine. We brush up the legs and spray black lines on the stump itself.

If you’re only hunting by yourself then a stump 2 is fine. I would get the platform that extends off stump to stand on.

Redneck blinds are great but spendy.

How would the stump 3 be with an adult and a kid with 2 swivel hunting chairs? Looking at the measurements online the dimensions of the stump 2 almost seem better for 2 people since it’s not round? but I’ve never seen or been in a 2 or 3 model in person so I could be wrong. 75% of the time it would probably be just me in the blind

carver
    West Metro

I have a bigger office chair in mine. No way you could put 2 of them in there and still turn around.

I have a kid with me sometimes and it perfect for that. Just need to make sure the chairs you want will fit.

Any LM fleet supply by me has plenty in stock to look at them.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.