Striker Ice Bibs

• schoff
    S.E., SD

I am wondering who out there if anyone has the “Predator” line of Striker Ice bibs? I am looking at getting a new pair of bibs and my wife really wants me to get a pair with flotation in them. I know the warmth of the “Climate” and the “Hardwater” series and think they are both a little too warm, just wondering about how warm the “Predator” line is? I don’t fish a ton outside of a shack most of the time.

wiel0059

I’m sure you’ve seen on their website, the Climate suit is a 10 warmth rating, the Predator is 7. Both are very good bibs. Very close to the same (if not identical) features as far as adjustable leg length, pockets, etc.

I think the biggest, or only(?), difference is the liner in the Climate suit. It is removable, and for all intensive purposes this makes it a Predator bib once you remove. I fish with mine removed most days and have the liner in for those extremely cold / windy trips, its amazing how warm the Striker stuff is. If you fish in a shack most times, you’ll be more than good with the Predator bibs (IMO). Whichever way you go you will be happy, striker makes the best suits out there. And my wife is the same way, she loves the flotation aspect.

Steve Thompson
    Sioux Falls, South Dakota

X2 to what wiel0059 mentioned. I have the Predator bibs and the Climate jacket. Looking back I wish I would have went with the Climate bibs so I could take out the liner when not needed.

With the Climate jacket, I fish sometimes with just the outer shell, sometimes with the inner jacket liner and sometimes with them assembled. Gives me flexibility for all weather conditions.

Aaron

I have the climate suit, this stuff absolutely rocks. I’ve sat outside in some really cold weather with this thing and stayed nice and toasty. Like wiel0059 said the main difference from the Predator to Climate is the removable liner and I would agree with him if you fish in a shack most of the time you’ll be good with the Predator.

I guess the only question would be, the times your not in the shack is it worth it to you to spend the extra $60 bucks to have the warmest suit out there in case you need it.

Joe Thody
    Auburn, NE

Side by side, the Hardwater is almost twice the weight of the predator.

I had more of a problem staying cool last year, mainly on long pulls across the ice, than I did keeping warm. (wearing the Hardwater bibs and jacket)

tucrs
    NW Metro

Buy the climate. With a removable liner it is well worth it. I use mine for fall Muskie fishing too. I like having the ability to remove layers to be able to be comfortable. Best suits out there for the money in my opinion.

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

Climate suit is great. I literally wear it all year round. Just the liner coat, or bibs no liner, zip open pits .. I love it because no matter the conditions I can adjust the suit for the temps

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.