Chippewa and Red Ceder Temps

• leinieman
    Chippewa Valley (Dunnville Bottoms)

Boy was there a lot of mud getting to the Chippewa River. Anyway tried plastics for a couple of hours casting from shore. Tried cabela’s livin eye minnow, some new plastics which I forgot the name of already,some of my favorites mister twister exude chart flake 3 inch tails and some ring worms. Yep the ring worms were the only thing that caught fish and they caught 100% of everything today. Believe me I wanted my other plastics to do well and I gave them all equal time. Temp of the Chippewa River is 36 degrees and after leaving I drove over to the Red Ceder and it is 37 degrees. Both about 6 degrees to cold and way too much mud at least untill next week. Steve

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Thanks for the report. How far up the Chippewa were you?

steveo
    W Central Sconnie

So It looks like it needs to get in the low 40’s before we fish and drink the Leinie’s, eh?

leinieman

The temp should come up a couple more degrees. I’ll check it out again this weekend or before if I get the chance.

Easter is this weekend so no hope on Sunday I’ll check it Saurday weather permitting. Don’t need no rain or snow, some nice warm windy weather to dry out the road would be nice. Hey SteveO I’m thinking next weekend like the 6th would be good depending on weather what do you think??? Oh I’m fishing about halfway between Eau Claire and Durand and will move up closer to Eau Claire or South of Durand depending on flow and backwater ice conditions. I”ll have to check into crawlers to see if the perch are getting hungry. I also can throw the boat in the Red Ceder in Menomonie by hwy 12 or Downsville nice pools by each landing for verticle fishing. The northerns should be hitting also and if I get the chance I’ll throw a few daredevils and see what happens. Good Luck all and I’ll keep ya posted. Steve

bigpike

Walleye fished last night till way past dark downtown Eau Claire, saw 1 wally caught, it was a nice one, didnt even get a bump. Tried floaters, jigs, ring worms. nothin’ nothin’ nothin’. Oh well better tommorrows(thats cause I’m going to Red Wing) tehehee

steveo
    W Central Sconnie

leinieman,

I’m fishing down in Alma the 6th with a buddy of mine from Osseo. Sorry I didn’t get back to you sooner. How’s the weekend of April 27th look? I’m going to be out of town for the next few weekends.

leinieman

Are you only available on Saturdays. I have quite a bit of vacation time to use up and Sudays also work. Have a good trip down to Alma area and post your results. Steve

leinieman

Hey bigpike did you fish from a boat in Eau Claire or from shore? Did you happen to check the water temp?

There is a really good hole not too far from Eau Claire downstream if you have a smaller boat. Let me know if you get out on the river in a small boat and I will let you know where to check out. Steve Post how you do in Red Wing.

Steve

steveo
    W Central Sconnie

leinieman,

I’ve been known to take a day or two. With this weather warming up the way it is, should be really good in a few days.

I’ll post about how we did in Alma. Really lookin’ forward to gettin’ a line wet again. We’ll be happy to catch a couple of eaters. It’s about the fishing and not the catching. (although it would be nice to C,P,R a couple of beauties)

Let me know when you can get out. The week of April 15 is no good for me. Other than that let’s see what we can put together.

Steve

bigpike

lienieman I do get out in a boat on the Chip but I’m new to the area so any info on this system would be super cool. Boated some real nice ski’s this last summer down there and am looking forward to hitting her even harder this summer! Red Wing was OK, caught a few but was definetly slower than last week also I had my two kids and dog in tow so I had to do alot of baiting and teaching, windy as heck but the little ones did OK. water temp is at 42 in Red Wing not sure on the Chip but I can stop down there tommorrow if you want.

leinieman

No need to check it I’m sure I’ll get out for a while tomorrow. We’ll have to hook up sometime and we can touch base on some spots to check out. Steve

bigpike

I’ll take you up on your offer, maybe this May when things get hoppin.I’m off alot during the week. Thanks Bill

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.